Chase is a commendable banking institute that offers credit card facilities to its users, provides mortgages and helps customers with business loans. One thing that stands out in the list of benefits and features is the Chase bank notary service.
- Chase bank notary services allow US residents to get the authenticity of the their documents approved in presence of an official.
- The service is free of cost for Chase Bank accountholders.
- You can also make use of Notarize website or app to avoid long queues in the bank and get your documents verified digitally.
…and Much More!
Chase Bank Notary Service – Why Is It Important?
Since the number of frauds related to false documents is increasing, notarizing documents to guarantee their authenticity is becoming common.
However, this process works differently than verifying your online accounts like Cash App.
In such cases, the government appoints a person to act as a certified witness to the signing of an individual’s documents.
US residents often opt for notary services to verify their documents, and for this purpose, they may rely on Chase bank notary services, given that only a few banks offer this feature.
- The notary service includes the approval of the authenticity of certain documents and the signing/stamping of records and transactions as required.
The notary officer at Chase can verify all your documents, check identification, verify the signatures of the people on the papers, and sometimes inquire about people who have signed the documents for complete authenticity.
Before we get down to discussing how notarizing of documents work, here’s a short list of most common documents that citizens choose to verify through this method.
- Certificates of ownership
- Death benefits designations
- Federal government applications
- Homeschooling affidavits
- Health directives and medical authorizations for under-aged
- Identity theft complaints
- Motor vehicles sales bills
- Powers of attorney
- Prenuptial agreements
- Property deeds
- Retirement designations
- Weapon permits
Do All Chase Bank Branches Provide Notary Services?
There are some Chase Bank branches that do not provide notary services. If you are unsure about your local Chase bank providing the service or not, you can still contact the branch manager and ask him for assistance.
- Moreover, some branches provide notary services on specific hours only.
Chase Bank Notary Service Requirements
Notaries at Chase Bank only notarize some types of documents. Therefore, confirm if the branch you are visiting will notarize the specific kind of document or not.
On top of that, you need to have all the required documentation and information beforehand to ensure that the process is completed smoothly. The documents you will need are listed below:
- The notary will require contact information for all the parties signing the documents. The type of information needed depends on the nature of the papers.
- You will have to present identification documents. This includes a driver’s license, passport, or state-issued identification card.
- The ID should have a recent photograph and signature.
- Bring all the documents you have to notarize. They should be without any blank spaces except for the areas that require signatures.
How Notarizing Documents Work!
To avail of the service, you must visit the bank with full preparation. So here’s what we suggest.
- Make a list of documents that you need to get notarized.
- Ensure you get everyone’s required signatures before notarizing the documents.
- Bring your photo ID, signed documents, and payment cards with you.
- You also need to bring some people whose signatures are required on the papers by Chase Bank.
- Also, get their identification cards and photographs.
Chase Bank Notary Service Cost
The best news? Chase bank account can avail of the notary services for free! It is indeed a great step by Chase Bank for its customers.
As for those who are not customers of Chase Bank, they need to pay the fee, which, fortunately, is low.
- It typically costs less than $5 to avail of a notary service with Chase. However, the fee may change if the government decides.
The staff may also charge additional fees for activities like printing, copying the documents, posting the documents, making calls, or other such formalities.
Therefore, it is best to call the customer support service at Chase and confirm the charges before going.
Some places charge as much as $20 for notarizing documents. In comparison, Chase is one of the cheapest options you can consider.
You might be interested in reading: How To Send Money From Chase To Wells Fargo?
Chase Bank Notary Services – Location and Time
Chase bank notary services near me?
You have to be mindful that the service is only available at specific days and there are also specific Chase bank notary service hours on selective branches.
Moreover, not all types of documents can be notarized from a single branch.
For example, the Chase bank branch nearest to you may notarize powers of attorney documents, but not weapon permits and vice versa.
Chase Bank Notary Service Alternative
It is a digital era where all the businesses are quickly shifting online.
Therefore, it makes sense why you would not want to go to the bank and wait in lines for several hours to get your documents notarized.
Luckily, you can now visit Notarize.com and get the job done from the comfort of your home.
Here’s how you can get your documents notarized online conveniently.
- Download the Notarize app on your phone or visit the online portal for registration.
- Provide the un-signed documents online. You may also fill it out digitally if required.
- Validate your identity and then wait to be connected to a notary public.
- As the licensed notary public joins you via video call, sign the documents in their presence.
- Now, please wait for the official to notarize your documents, after which you can download them in PDF format.
The procedure typically takes less than 5 minutes, and then you can share the documents online or print them for a more handy use.
The Bottom Line
Getting documents notarized is an effective way to avoid fraud and mishaps in the future.
Chase Bank offers this service free of cost for its customers and with minimal charges for people who don’t have a bank account there.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chase Bank Notary Service
Does Chase Bank allow you to avail of free notary services?
The service is accessible only to Chase Bank customers. Also, non-customers must pay $25 to get their documents notarized.
How much does Chase charge for getting documents notarized?
The notary service would be free if you have an account with Chase Bank, i.e., savings, checking account, or credit card. Otherwise, it may cost $25 or more.
Which banks offer notary services?
Almost all banks in the US offer notary services and note-worthy names include Wells Fargo, Chase, and Bank of America.
Where to find Chase Bank near me?
You can search for the nearest Chase bank location online by visiting the Chase official website. Tap on Find a Chase ATM or branch near you.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.