With integration of app like Zelle with your banking account, it is possible to send and receive funds with just a couple of clicks. Since Capital One is one of the leading financial institution in the US, does Capital One have Zelle?
- Capital One does have Zelle as it partially owns the money transfer app.
- Zelle is one of the quickest payment methods so the transfers you make through it only take a couple of minutes to complete.
- The use of Zelle with Capital One 360 bank account is completely FREE.
…and Much More!
Does Capital One 360 Have Zelle?
All Capital One users can take advantage of the features that Zelle has to offer because this app can be linked to the bank account with ease.
Capital One 360 was one of the banks that developed and launched Zelle. Therefore, it not only have Zelle as integrated app that it supports, the platform is completely aligned with how the bank functions as well.
- Once you have connected the two, you can send payments, receive funds, issue bills, make payments to creditors, etc. with on-time delivery of funds.
You might be interested in reading: How Does Zelle Make Money?
Transfer Funds From Capital One Through Zelle – Step By Step Guide
You can either make the transfer through the Zelle app after downloading it on your device or you can use Capital One mobile banking app itself. The second method is often preferred because it already has Zelle app integrated in it. Here’s how you can proceed with the app for money transfers.
- Open your Capital One mobile banking app.
- Login your account by entering the correct credentials.
- Then tap on Send Money With Zelle.
- Enter the amount of money you wish to send and other details that may be required for the transfers.
- Review all the information and then click on Send.
Alternatively, you can also make the transfer through desktop PC by logging in your account at www.Capitalone.com. Following are the steps that will have to undertake for this.
- When you are on the official website, sign in your account through login credentials.
- Then choose the account for the transaction.
- Click on Send Money with Zelle in the next step.
- Finally, enter the required details such as full name, email ID, account number, etc. and then confirm the transfer to the chosen recipient.
Attention! Sending funds through Zelle required you to enter a one-time password that is sent to the linked phone number.
Fees For Using Zelle With Capital One
If you use Zelle to carry out a fund transfer, there are no charges for it. Thankfully, Zelle is a complete free platform that allows you to sign up and send/receive money without additional fees.
- However, there are service charges when you carry out transactions via bank account or ATM.
Zelle Transfer Limits With Capital One 360
Capital One and Zelle have limits on how much you can transfer in a day and in a week with a given account. However, since the bank partially owns Zelle networks, its transfer limits are quite high as compared to Zelle. Below are some of the limits that you should keep in mind when making transfers through these platforms.
- Zelle allows you to send $1000 to $1500 in a day.
- You can send up to $10,000 in a month with Zelle.
- Capital One has higher transfer limit as it lets you send up to $2000 in a day.
- The monthly transfer limit with Capital One is $10,000.
Attention! There is no cap on how much you can receive on these platforms. In that case, the transfer limit would depend on the app or account that you are using to send money.
Transfer Time With Zelle
Zelle is known for quick payments so you can rest assured that any transfer you make through the app will reach the recipient in a couple of minutes. Since it uses a model similar to ACH transfers, Zelle does not need you to wait for days before getting the funds.
- There may be delays if the recipient does not have a Zelle account.
In this case, he or she will be encouraged to sign up with Zelle in order to receive the funds. The transfer would be put on hold till for up to 14 days after which it will be returned to the sender.
Why Should You Choose To Use Zelle With Capital One?
Zelle does not support international transfers but the benefits it offers when it comes to inter-USA money transfers are many. Furthermore, you can double the perks by linking the app to an outstanding bank account such as the one with Capital One 360.
- One of the most admired feature is that Zelle with Capital One allows you to send money to recipients who have not registered with Zelle.
Needless to say, in this case, the recipient does not need to open Zelle account in order to get the funds.
Moreover, it is a piece of cake to sign up with Zelle and then link that account with US-based bank. All you have to do is provide the phone number and maybe details like full name and valid email ID.
Capital One 360 Bank
In the list of US banks, Capital One ranks as one of the most reliable financial institution. You will have a secure banking experience here as it is highly committed to making finances easier to manage for its accountholders.
The Bottom Line
There is no reason why you should miss out on utilizing Capital One with Zelle especially because the combination would guarantee quick transfers, no charges, and sheer convenience.
- In a nutshell, Zelle would simply enhance already amazing banking experience that Capital one has to offer.
With that being said, Zelle does not offer international services so only US residents will be able to sign up with the app. This is because it is a pre-requisite to have an US-based phone number when creating a Zelle account. Luckily, there are other money transfers apps that let you send money abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my Capital One bank with Zelle?
Yes. You have to sign in with Capital One account and then tap on Send Money With Zelle to begin the process.
What is Capital One Zelle transfer limit?
You can send up to $2500 with Capital One Zelle. At the same time, there is no limit on how much you can receive on these platforms.
Does Zelle charge a fee for money transfers?
Zelle is a free platform to use. There are no charged for opening an account here or sending money through it.
Does Capital One have Venmo?
As Venmo accepts credit cards and debit cards, you can use Capital One credit cards with this money transfer app. However, this mode of payment will cost you a bit because Venmo charges 3% for transactions done via credit cards.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.