The list of online stores that take Afterpay continues to grow with every passing day. The BNPL facility has made its mark whether you are shopping for shoes, clothes, furniture or what not. With increasing popularity, people who are just signing up with Afterpay are wondering which payment modes they can use with it. So here we will quickly go through the answers to does Chime work with Afterpay?
- You can use Chime with Afterpay after you link the Chime cash card to it by Open Afterpay account > My account > Billing > Payment method > Chime cash card> Card details > Confirm.
- Afterpay also works will all major debit cards and credit cards issued by prominent banks and financial institutes.
- You can not use prepaid cards with Afterpay because they are not typically backed up by banks.
…and Much More!
Does Chime Work With Afterpay?
Afterpay buy now pay later plans gives customers a chance to purchase the goods and services that they need without paying the fee upfront. The installments come with flexible terms and there is no interest charges as well.
Afterpay needs to be linked to a source of funds. This can be a debit card or a credit card as the official policy highlights. However, that leaves room for some ambiguity. For example. there are cash cards such as that of Chime that work much like debit card.
So does Chime card work with Afterpay as well?
Afterpay most definitely works with Chime. In fact, it is one of the most famous platforms being linked with Afterpay to cater to payments online.
- You just need to add your Chime cash card to Afterpay like you would otherwise link a debit card.
Add Chime Card To Afterpay – Step By Step Guide
It should just take a couple of minutes to links your Chime cash card to Afterpay. However, before that, make sure you have funds in the Chime card that can be used for Afterpay payments. Here’s what you need to do next.
- Use your internet browser to search for and visit Afterpay official website.
- At the homepage, select the country where you are from and press Continue.
- Log in your Afterpay account by providing the correct credentials.
- Then click on My Account and move to press Billing section under it.
- Here look for an option that says Payment Method and click on it.
- Provide the details of your Chime cash card.
- Recheck the data that you have added and Finish off the process.
Does Afterpay Work With Prepaid Cards?
After answering does Chime work with Afterpay, you might be wondering what other payment tools you can use with it.
As per recently updated Afterpay policy, the platform does not support the use of prepaid cards. This is because the majority of them are not backed up by major financial institutions making them unreliable for Buy Now Pay Later services.
- Other than that, Afterpay works with almost all domestic cards, debit cards as well as cards from AMEX.
Afterpay services are open to VISA and Mastercard cardholders. The only consideration is that they should be issues by local banks. International or overseas banks are not supported by Afterpay.
Can You Use Credit Cards With Afterpay?
As we mentioned before, Afterpay can be linked to credit cards and this mode of payment is supported almost everywhere.
Attention! Afterpay has not imposed any restrictions on credit card use but Capital One Bank has recently revoked the ability of cardholders to use their credit cards with Afterpay.
Afterpay Eligibility Criteria
The platform is free to access but there are certain rules and regulations that you must abide with in order to successfully create an account.
- Only the residents of US are accepted.
- It is compulsary to provide a valid contact address at the time of the sign up.
- You must also share email ID and contact number.
- Applicants must be above 18 years of age in all states except Alabama and Nebraska where the minimum age requirement is 19 years.
- It is also compulsary to have a credit card or a debit card linked with your Afterpay account.
Afterpay Buy Now Pay Later Scheme
Afterpay BNPL became popular due to its simplicity and ease of use. Interested people only need to sign up with Afterpay, keeping the eligibility criteria in mind, after which they can start purchases of services or goods with Afterpay right away.
- Typically, buyers are required to make 25% downpayment on the purchase. This counts as the first installment.
The remaining payments can be made over a period of 6 weeks divided into three more installments.
Other BNPLs That Accept Chime
As you would already be aware, Chime does work with Afterpay but there are other BNPL services such as Sezzle, Affirm, Klarna and Quadpay that majority of the consumers are using. So, what other buy now pay later schemes does Chime supports?
Let’s start with Klarna! Being another popular BNPL service, Klarna is available in more than 15 countries around the world but, unfortunately, it does not support Chime cash card. Alternatively, you can link Chime credit card builder with Klarna as, surprisingly, many users have reported that this mode of payment seems to be working just fine!
- Open your Klarna account and click on My Klarna.
- Then select Payment Methods from the drop down menu.
- Click on Add a Card and provide Chime card details to complete the process.
You can not only link Chime card with Sezzle but it is perhaps the only BNPL scheme that lets you connect Chime bank account as well.
- Open your Sezzle account and click on Payment Methods.
- Then tap on the option that says Add Debit Card.
- Provide Chime card details to finish off.
Affirm is another Buy Now Pay Mater service that is accepted in a number of stores. To add it to the list of benefits that it offers, we are pleased to share that Chime supports Affirm and you can use the two platforms together without any issues.
- Open your Affirm account and tap on the Profile Icon.
- Then click on Settings and proceed to select Payment Methods.
- After that choose to Add Bank Account and provide Chime card details.
Although Quadpay is not as popular as Affirm or Sezzle, it is another service that works fantastically with Chime card as well as the bank account.
- Open your Quadpay account and tap on Add.
- Provide the details of Chime Card.
- Then click on the Save button to complete the process.
You might be interested in reading: Payday Loans That Accept Chime.
The Bottom Line
The Bancorp Bank Chime app has a huge user base now. It offers a loan of up to $200 and supports other features such as mobile check deposit as well. Therefore, it is highly likely that customers would want to use such an impeccable app with BNPL services like Afterpay.
Luckily, Afterpay supports not only Chime cash card but almost all domestic credit cards and debit cards backed up by major banks and financial institutes. However, you have to make sure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria for Afterpay in order to sign up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which cards can I use with Afterpay?
Afterpay works with all domestic cards, debit cards, credit cards as well as AMEX cards. The only exception is that you can not use prepaid cards with Afterpay since they are not backed up by major financial institutes.
Does Chime support Klarna?
You can not use Klarna with Chime. However, users with Chime Credit Builder card can link it to Klarna account for payments.
Why is not Afterpay accepting my card?
There can be many reasons why Afterpay may decline your payment. First of all, make sure that your linked account has sufficient funds to make the first installment. Then confirm that you are using a card that is supported by Afterpay.