Matic is one of the blockchain networks known for its low transaction fees and is cheaper than the other options available. If you are a MetaMask user, it would be best to link your Matic (Polygon Network) to MetaMask. Let us guide you on How to Add Matic to MetaMask in a few simple and easy steps.
- You can add Matic to MetaMask by MetaMask > Settings > Networks > Add Networks > Enter Network Name, Chain ID, Custom PRC, Block Explorer URL, and Symbol.
- MATIC token is through which all your transaction fees on the Polygon Network are paid.
- To add Matic token to the MetaMask Polygon Scan > MetaMask > Assets > Import tokens > Copy Contract Address > Add Custom Token > Import token.
…and Much More!
How to Add Matic to MetaMask?
Matic is one of the Ethereum tokens providing the customers with quick and affordable transactions, hence known to power the network. A native token of the Polygon, MATIC stands among the top 20 cryptocurrencies in today’s age.
Whereas, MetaMask as we all know, is a crypto wallet and gateway to the blockchain apps allowing you to get access to the token wallet and token exchange; all this is required for the management of digital assets.
You can link several other blockchain networks, such as Matic’s, to the MetaMask. But for this, there are a couple of pre-requisites you need to look into. Some of these include:
- Custom PRC
- Network Name
- Chain ID
Steps To Create MetaMask Wallet
So, to add Matic to MetaMask, you need to enter the information mentioned above on the MetaMask as Polygon is not present by default on this crypto wallet. But for that, you need to create your MetaMask Wallet first and then proceed further.
- Install the MetaMask on the Chrome Browser or any device available via the MetaMask website.
- Add the extension on your browser, which displays the MetaMask page right before you on the screen.
- Click on the option of Get Started to begin with.
- Now, there are two options, either of which you can click on as per your requirements. These are Import Wallet and Create a Wallet.
- The company asks if you are willing to share anonymous usage data to improve the extension. Choose whatever you wish to.
- Next, create the password you want to for your MetaMask wallet from the browser. Please re-enter the password to confirm it. Note that the password must be 8 minimum characters.
- Once done, it shows you the Seed Phrase, which is a series of words generated by the cryptocurrency wallet.
- Take a brief look at it and secure it somewhere no one other than you can access your wallet. It should be kept highly secure as losing it can invade your wallet information.
- Click on the Next to proceed.
- The next step is where you Confirm your Secret Recovery Phrase. You can do this by selecting the words displayed on the screen. Make sure you do it in the correct order.
- This sets up your MetaMask wallet.
- Click on the option of All Done. This way, you can view your wallet.
- MetaMask will be connected to Ethereum.
Connect MetaMask to the Matic (Polygon Network)
Once you have successfully set up your MetaMask wallet, here is what you need to do to connect or add Matic to the MetaMask:
- Open the MetaMask and go to the Settings on the website.
- Next, choose the option of Networks from the several options, which leads you to another taskbar.
- Once done, there will be an option of Add Network in the rectangular pop-up.
- Click on it to proceed.
Here are the following details that you need to enter to connect to the Matic to your MetaMask:
- Network Name: Matic Mainnet
- New RPC URL:
- Chain ID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL: https://polygonscan.com/
Save it, and that is it!
- Lastly, you have to connect your MetaMask wallet to the network.
- Click on the current web right at the top of your MetaMask wallet.
- Next, click on the Matic Mainnet. And voila. That is all you needed to do.
How to Add Matic/Polygon Tokens to the MetaMask?
MATIC token is through which all your transaction fees on the Polygon Network are paid. Therefore, it is essential that you add the Matic tokens to the MetaMask. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to https://polygonscan.com/, where you can find all the relevant details of the token you wish to add.
- The details include the contract address of the token and further information.
- If, by any chance, you do not find it on PolygonScan, you should look for it on the official website of the project.
- Next, go back to the MetaMask. Look into the Assets taskbar.
- Here, choose the option of Import tokens.
- Copy the contract address of your token, and the MetaMask fills up the remaining details on its own.
- Once you fill out all the boxes, you need to click on the option of Add Custom Token in the rectangular box at the bottom of your screen.
- Here, you need to click on Import Tokens.
- And that is it. Whatever token you add, its balance automatically gets displayed on your MetaMask Wallet.
The Bottom Line
You can avail the best of Polygon’s fast-growing DeFi ecosystem, along with the low transaction costs, by connecting your MetaMask Wallet to the Polygon (Matic network). Moreover, it helps you manage your crypto in this rapid pace of crypto growth in the most efficient manner.
- MetaMask assists you in swapping the Ethereum tokens from your mobiles or desktops, whatever you choose from.
The swap occurs in a way that combines data from the decentralized exchange aggregators, DEXs and provides you with the lowest possible network fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I transfer funds from ETH to MATIC?
MetaMask > Signature request > Sign > Move funds to Matic network > Transfer window > Choose Matic token > Transfer > Continue > Follow further prompts to complete the process.
Can you swap Matic for ETH?
Yes, you can. Just choose the coin to sell and mention the amount. Next, select the crypto for purchase. You get the best exchange rate for Matic to ETH conversion.
How can I convert Matic to PLA?
You can convert Matic to PLA by Uniswap > Connect your wallet > PLA-ETH pairing > Trade section > Choose the swap pair > Choose the swap amount > Confirm > Execute the swap.
How many Matic coins are there?
It has around 10 billion tokens, and it is estimated that approximately 0.27% of the MATIC total supply will be burned yearly.