PayPal is famous for quick online transfer to other accounts like Skrill, Chime, Zelle and Cash App are one of the leading money transfers apps, there is not surprise that majority of the customers are searching to use the method of PayPal to Cash App money transfer works.
- You can send money from PayPal to Cash App by linking them to the same bank account, sending money from PayPal to that bank and then transfering funds from the bank to Cash App.
- You can also link PayPal and Cash App debit cards to make the money transfer between the two apps.
- Standard money transfer between the two apps are free and may take up to 4 days whereas, instant money transfer happens within seconds but charges 1.5% of the amount.
…and Much More!
Can You Send Money From Paypal To Cash App? – Tips
Most of us are already using PayPal for daily transactions like paying at a gas station or booking a hotel via PayPal. After all, it is difficult to survive without swift digital transactions nowadays!
When it comes to sending money from PayPal to Cash App directly, it is important to consider that the transfer is not straightforward. Although you can still send money to Cash App from PayPal in addition to other accounts like bank account, Venmo, Zelle, Chime, etc, most transactions take place indirectly.
The two methods that we will discuss below use either a bank account to transfer funds or the relevant app’s debit card in order to move money from one app to another.
PayPal To Cash App Money Transfer – Step-By-Step Guide
Method 1: Connect PayPal and Cash App Through The Same Bank Account
Both, PayPal and Cash App, do not required a linked bank account to function. However, if you want convenient online transfers between the two apps then you have to consider linking them to a bank account. In fact, Cash App bank name is a must at time of transaction.
This method is quick and easy especially for customers who have just started to use the mobile applications. You need to connect PayPal as well as Cash App to the same bank account and then use it as a mediator to move funds from one app to another.
Link PayPal To Your Bank Account
The first step is to connect your PayPal to a bank account. Some leading institutes charge fees for there whereas others are free. You can check with your bank to confirm before proceeding.
- In order to complete the connection, you have to open the PayPal’s official website
- Provide the credentials for successful login.
- You should tap on Transfer Money option.
- This would be present towards the left side of your screen.
- Here the app will ask whether you wish to make a Standard transfer or an Instant one.
- Then provide the routing number and account number of the bank with which you wish to connect your PayPal account.
Link Cash App To Your Bank Account
Next you have to connect Cash App to the same bank account. Again, make sure you check the fees for transferring money to Cash App before proceeding. Moreover, note that there is no Cash App clearance fee that you should opt for.
- Open the Cash App and tap on Banking icon towards the bottom of the screen.
- Here you have to click on Link Bank.
- This option would be visible under Accounts in the section.
- Provide the routing number and the account number that you had previously entered in your PayPal account.
- A message will be sent to you for confirmation. Press OK.
Use The Bank Account To Send Money To The Required App
Now that you have linked the two apps, you can transfer funds between them using your bank accounts. Keep in mind that some fees will apply regardless of which app you used to send the money.
Although all the leading banks in the US for bad credit are reliable, you have to check the protocol of transferring since it can differ from one to another.
Method 2: Connect PayPal and Cash App Through Their Debit Cards
If you have already activated your PayPal card and Cash card then you can connect the two accounts transfer money similar to how money transfer from one debit card to another works.
In case your cards are not activated, there is an easy procedure to do so that we will discuss below. After that you have to provide your account number and routing number to add PayPal my Cash App as a bank or vice versa. This would let you initiate the transfer immediately.
Activate Your Cash App Card
You can obtain your Cash App card for free and then you have to activate it before use. If you still have not obtained your debit card then let us quickly overview that procedure for you first.
- Open your Cash App account and click on Cash Card icon.
- This would be present at the bottom of the page. From the next options that appear, tap on Order.
- The app will ask you to choose the color for your card and whether you wish to have $Cashtag printed on your card or not.
- After selecting the specifications, enter your contact address. This is the spot where your debit card will be sent so be careful.
- You will also have to share your full name, birth date, and social security number. Recheck all the data before clicking on submit.
Similar to ordering a credit card via mail offer, debit card’s delivery can take up to 10 days so be patient!
Now is the time to activate your Cash App card. You can do so by again opening your Cash App account and tapping on Cash Card icon at the bottom of the screen. There will be an option that states Activate Cash Card. Click on it and scan the QR code that appears.
In case you don’t receive in QR code, click on Missing QR code tab at the bottom of the screen. Then provide the CVV number that is printed on your card. This will activate it without any issues. Keep in mind that you can not order multiple cash app accounts and cards with same personal detail.
Obtain The Routing Number and Card Bank Number For The Card
You can obtain the routing number for Cash App and card number once you have activate it online.
- Open Cash App and click on My Cash icon at the bottom of the page.
- Here tap on Cash and then select Direct Deposit.
- You will see an option of Get Account Number. Click on it and choose Enable Account.
- You can note down your bank account number and routing number from here.
- You have to use these details to transfer money between PayPal and Cash App.
Link PayPal To Cash App Card
You can open PayPal’s official website or its mobile app to add Cash App as a bank there. PayPal’s website is extensively used by many business owners and freelances on OnlyFans and you can easily employ it for link Cash App account.
- Just open the official website and provide login credentials to access your PayPal account.
- Then tap on Settings and click on Money, Banks, and Cards. You will see a list of options from where you have to choose Link a New Bank Account.
- Provide the details of Cash App card that you had noted down earlier and tap Link Your Bank.
This would complete the process of connecting the two apps. Now you can proceed to money transfer. Similarly, you can also connect Cash App as a bank using PayPal mobile app. This application is available on both iOS and Android. This is how it is done.
- Open the PayPal app on your phone and enter login details to access your account.
- Then tap on Settings and click on Bank Accounts and Credit Cards.
- Hit + button and select Bank Account.
- When you tap on Go To Our Website in the next step, the app will direct you to the official webpage.
Now that the two apps are connected you can use them to transfer money in any direction. Similar to using a bank account as a bridge, you can also send money from PayPal to credit cards and then exchange funds between Cash app and credit card with ease.
- You have to open PayPal website and login your account.
- Then tap on Transfer Money option present towards the left side of the screen.
- Choose whether you want to make a standard transfer or an instant one.
- Then enter the routing number and account number of your Cash App card and the amount that you wish to transfer. Hit OK to confirm.
What about transferring money using PayPal app instead? Well, that is quite easy and straightforward as well.
- Open PayPal app and login your account.
- Then tap on PayPal Balance and click Withdraw Funds.
- Choose Cash App as a bank and click on Next.
- Then enter that you want to send and hit Continue button. Confirm the order and you are done!
Obtain PayPal Cash Card Through The Website
If you wish to repeat the whole procedure but this time using PayPal card instead then the first to do is to obtain and activate the card.
You can request for the card by visiting PayPal Cash Card Page. Here you have to tap on Get The Card and then click on More. From the next options that appear on the screen, choose Order PayPal Cash Card. Provide your contact address the delivery.
Activate PayPal Cash Card
For card activation, you need to visit PayPal Cash Card official activation page on their website. Prior to that, login your account and then tap on Activate Card.
You will be required to choose a 4-digit PIN code. After you have entered the secret number tap on Create PIN and your card will be immediately activated.
Obtain The Routing Number and Card Number
Your debit card is functional now so you can obtain its routing number and card number.
Again open PayPal official website and provide details required to login your account. click on Settings option towards the right side of the page. Here tap on Set Up Or View Direct Deposit. You will find the routing number and account number here. Note them down before proceeding to the next step.
Link Cash App To PayPal Card
Now that all the initial steps have been taken care of, it is time to link Cash App to PayPal card. Open your Cash App account and tap on Settings and then Add Bank.
Provide the details of your PayPal card such as account number and routing number then confirm OK to finish the link.
Transfer Money From PayPal Account
Now you can transfer money from Cash App account to PayPal cash card. This can be done by opening the Cash App on your smartphone and tapping on Balance Tab.
- Then select Cash Out and enter the amount that you have to send.
- Press Cash Out button on the page.
- In the next step you have to choose whether the transfer should be standard or instant.
- Provide Cash App PIN or confirm the transfer with Touch ID. In standard transaction, your money will be sent in up to 3 business days.
Some Things You Need To Know About Sending Money From PayPal To Cash App
Hopefully you have all the knowledge now about how the transaction from one app to another works. However, before we wind up this article, there are a few more things you need to know about sending money to Cash App using PayPal account. Take a look!
Cash App To PayPal Transfer Fees
For both the apps standard transfers are always free. However, if you choose to make in instant transaction to send money within 30 days, it may charge 1% of the total amount in case of PayPal and 1.5% of the amount for Cash App.
Transfer Speed Between The Apps
Transfer speed can be variable depending on different factors. First of all, make sure you are using a good internet connection or the transfer will not take place. Typically, PayPal can take 1 to 4 days to send money whereas Cash App takes 1 to 3 business days.
Transfer Limit Between PayPal and Cash App
The amount that you can transfer using PayPal account depends on whether you have verified the account or not.
Verified PayPal accounts have no limit on transaction but the ones that have not been verified can send only $500 per month. However, there is a cap of $10,000 for each transaction.
Cash App allows you to send $250 in a week and a total of $1000 per month. This is for the customers who are using the basic Cash App account. For those who have upgraded and verified their accounts, you can send $7,500 in a week. There is no cap on how much you can receive on the app.
PayPal And Cash App – In a Nutshell
PayPal was launched in 1998 and it quickly became famous for shopping. In addition to instant online money transfers for shopping via checking account, customers started to use this tool as well! In fact, where checking account were used to order gift cards online, PayPal also became a platform that allowed for gift card purchase.
- Currently, PayPal is serving as a payment mode for a large number of online shops as compared to any other app.
Its encryptions and layers of security are the most useful features that has helped it win a large customer base.
On the other hand, Cash App has become quite famous for peer-to-peer transactions and online transfers. It was previously known as Square Cash and currently has 7 million active users according to a study carried out in February 2018.
Cash App customers are free to make transactions either using the app directly or activating their Cash Card instead. You can choose to apply for the card or use the app without one. Only recently, Cash App has removed the restriction of having a physical card to make use of virtual one. Now you don’t need to apply for the physical card at all.
The Bottom Line
Since both of these apps are being extensively used, it is quite handy to know how to transfer funds between them. Some customers have also been concerned about the security of the transactions that they carry out either using PayPal or Cash App.
It would be relieving to find out that both apps use encrypted programming which means that all the personal information that you provide here along with the transfers that you make are completely safe. However, you have to be careful about hacks on Cash App and Cash App scams by safeguarding your login details at all times.
- You can also get in touch with their customers support team for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can not transfer money from PayPal to Cash App. Help!
Cash App and PayPal have different security layers. Sometimes when you are not using the apps regularly, they may freeze your balance until you continue to make required number of transactions. You can call their support team for further help.
Can I send money from PayPal to Cash App instantly?
Yes. PayPal offers both instant and standard transfers. Standard transactions are free of cost but can take up to 4 days to be processed. Instant transfers, on the other hand, incur some extra charges.
What is the transfer limit for Cash App?
Cash App allows you to send $250 in a week and a total of $1000 per month. This is for the customers who are using the basic Cash App account.
For those who have upgraded and verified their accounts, you can send $7,500 in a week. There is no cap on how much you can receive on the app.
Can I use my credit card to send money to my PayPal account?
Yes you can use credit cards to transfer money to PayPal but you need to make sure that you have first linked the card as a bank on your PayPal account.
How can I activate my Cash App card?
You can do so by opening your Cash App account and tapping on Cash Card icon at the bottom of the screen.
There will be an option that states Activate Cash Card. Click on it and scan the QR code that appears. In case you don’t receive in QR code, click on Missing QR code tab at the bottom of the screen. Then provide the CVV number that is printed on your card. This will activate it without any issues.