Sending money overseas via a local bank branch may appear costly, but now there are alternative international money transfer services that offer more effective ways to transfer cash and can be helpful when you wish to transfer money from Australia to USA.
- Wise, Skrill, and World Remit are some of the best ways to transfer money from Australia to USA.
- The exchange rate varies for each transfer service and also depends on the amount that you wish to send over.
- The best way to send money from Australia to the USA is mostly determined by your payment option.
…and Much More!
How Can You Send Money From Australia To USA?
You can send money overseas through an authorized source, such as a bank or a money-transfer business that offer International Money Transfer service.
Moreover, you’ll need to register with the service provider before you send money internationally.
- Enter the country to which you’d like to send the money.
- Fill in the appropriate amount.
- Select ‘Transfer to a bank account‘ from the pull-down bar.
- Select a payment method.
You will need to know the recipient’s bank account number, name, branch, code, etc. In return, you will be provided with tracking information for your transaction.
Effective Methods to Send Money To the USA from Australia
Seven companies are mentioned below that excel in terms of speed, customer service, and cost-effectiveness for sending and receiving payments from Australia to the USA.
Wise, formerly known as Transfer Wise, is a financial-tech company that is perfect for consumers who want low prices and a simple website experience when moving money internationally.
- Exchange rate: Exact mid-market price that the bank charges.
- Transfer time: Within 0-1 business day.
- Transfer fee: Between 0.45 % 0.35 % depending on the amount + transaction fee of US $2.
Why should you choose Wise?
- Your order will be delivered to you in a matter of minutes.
- Fees are low.
- There is no rate markup.
- Setup is simple and quick online.
- App for your phone, that seems easy to use.
This platform is accessible via mobile devices. It lets users send money to a bank account or over 270,000 cash pick-up places across the world.
- Exchange rate: First two transfer rates are free with no hidden money
- Transfer time: approx. 1 working day
- Transfer fee: 2.99% per transaction.
Why should you choose Azimo?
- Provides client services in eight languages.
- Cash pick-up and online delivery
- Convert and send money in more than 60 currencies.
- Get two fee-free transfer
- Can send up to £250,000 for each transfer.
Skrill (formerly known as Moneybookers) is a digital wallet that offers payments online across the border through Skrill Money Transfer.
- Exchange rate: 3.99 per cent exchange rate fee.
- Transfer Fee: Each transaction is subject to a 4.99 percent mark-up.
- Transfer time: vary between 2 and 5 days
Why should you choose Skrill?
- User friendly.
- It is widely available in 200 different countries.
- There are alternatives for both personal and business use.
- Working knowledge of currency and online gaming accounts
- When you send money directly to a bank account, there is no fixed transfer cost.
Through currency fair, you can exchange currencies peer-to-peer immediately at bank-beating rates.
- Exchange rate: Customers can choose their preferred exchange rate for their currency.
- Transfer Fee: Currently, the average pay is 0.45 per cent.
- Transfer time: It takes 0-1 day for the money to arrive.
Why should you choose Currency fair?
- Very low-cost international bank-to-bank transfers
- A significant number of countries are eligible.
- Individuals and corporations can open a multi-currency account (hold and convert between 20 currencies)
- Have a separate business account
- Customer service in several languages
Instarem (short for Instant Remittance) is a simple, rapid, and cost-effective method of sending money to family, friends, and enterprises in other countries.
- Exchange rate: Zero-Margin Exchange rates.
- Transfer Fees: ranging from 0.25% to 1%
- Transfer time: more than 2 business days
Why should you choose instarem?
- Transfer Fees are Low:
- Exchange Rates with No Margin.
- Complete Confidentiality of data
- Guaranteed Transfer Amount.
Orbit remit is ideal for those who want to send money internationally without bothering to visit a money transfer center or a bank.
- Exchange rate: vary, but usually 1.5%
- Transfer fees: vary according to the country usually 2-6$
- Transfer time: between1-3 working days.
Why you should choose orbit remit?
- There are no receiving fees and low flat rates regardless of the amount being transferred.
- Helpline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via online chat or via phone
- Throughout the transfer procedure, a tracking tool with e-mail notifications keeps you updated on where your money is.
- After funds have cleared, transfers usually take 1-2 business days to complete.
- Competitive rate compared to high street banks
World Remit features some of the lowest cash transfer costs and a better exchange rate than most other companies.
- Exchange rate: Typically 0.5 – 1.25 % above the mid-market rate
- Transfer Fee: vary, but people are informed about transfer fees ahead of the transfer process
- Transfer time: 2-3 days
Why should you choose World Remit?
- It takes about 5 minutes and payments can be paid in as little as 3 minutes.
- Customers can send money to over 130 countries all around the world.
- Customers from all across the world can use debit and credit cards as a payment option
- It is one of the fastest ways to send money.
- Legit money transfer app.
The Bottom Line
The best way to send money from Australia to the USA is mostly determined by your payment option. Some payment options are more expedient than others. Some are immediate, some are fast while others are less expensive.
Just because some are slower than others, depending on the urgency of your fee, the cheapest option may not always be the best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer Money From Australia to USA
What is the maximum amount of money I can send out of Australia legally?
Though travelers to and from Australia are allowed to bring an unlimited amount of money with them.
But If the combined worth of your cash in Australian and international currencies is more than $10,000 (AUD), you must declare it.
What information do I need to send money to the United States?
The information that you would need to provide include Beneficiary Name, Account Number or IBAN. BIC/SWIFT Code, National Clearing Code, Bank Name, and Bank Address.
What is the most cost-effective method of sending money to the United States?
Wise’s bank transfer service is one of the most cost-effective and efficient ways to send money overseas.