The Chime debit card is a no-hassle replacement for a traditional debit card. There are no minimum balance requirements or monthly account fees! With easy to use procedures people often want to know where Can I Load My Chime Card?
- You can load your Chime card in different ways including local stores, third party retailers, direct deposits, and bank transfers.
- Unfortunately, users can not load Chime card at any ATM.
- After the balance transfer, it may take up to 2 hours for the funds to show up in your account.
…and Much More!
Where Can I Load My Chime Card?
Chime bank’s money transfer services have an extremely high level of speed and dependability. Chime’s debit card service, in particular, has been praised by a vast number of consumers.
- Duane Reade
- Dollar General
- TA Operating Travel Centers of America
- Royal Farms
- Cumberland Farms Corp
- Kwik Trip Inc
- Pilot Travel Centers (Pilot Flying J)
- Holiday Station Stores
- Circle K Stores
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid
- GPM Investments
- Sheetz Incorp
- Krause Gentle (Kum & Go)
Your chime card be loaded at any of these retailers in your neighborhood. They also accept chime card payments. You simply have to approach the cashier and request that the money is deposited into your account.
- In 24 hours, each Chime user can deposit three times. Furthermore, you are only allowed to deposit $1000 per 24 hours, with a monthly deposit limit of $10,000.
If you add funds to your Chime card via a third-party money transfer provider, you may be subject to their unique limits, such as monthly, weekly, or daily limits on the amount you can add to your account. They may also levy additional transaction fees.
Can I Load My Chime Card For Free?
Yes! Just approach the cashier and request that the money to be deposited into your spending account.
- In 24 hours, each Chime user can make three deposits.
Adding money to a Chime card is also an easy process. You can load your card in a variety of ways. For example, ask your acquaintances who use Chime for money. You can also send money to your Chime card from your associated bank account.
Don’t worry if these two options aren’t enough for you. Another straightforward technique to refund a Chime card exists! You may add cash to your Chime card by using department stores.
You might be interested in reading: Payday Loans That Accept Chime.
Load Your Chime Card – Step By Step Guide
Following are the various ways you can load your chime card!
You need Chime routing number and account number if you want to deposit fund directly through employer or payroll provider. As soon as you receive your funds, Chime will deposit them into your Chime account.
Load Money Via Bank Transfer
- Go to the website or app of your previous bank.
- Locate the Transfer option in the menu.
- You can enter your Chime routing and account number in the transfer screen and confirm the transaction.
Make Use Of Mobile Check Deposits
Chime uses the records of all Chime-branded accounts you control, as well as your direct deposit history, direct deposit amount, to decide whether you are eligible for mobile check deposits.
Chime members who have received at least one direct deposit of $1 or more from one of the following sources since June 1, 2021 are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit though one of these sources:
- Payroll provider or employer
- Gig economy payees can pay via an automated clearing house (ACH) transfer or a credit card (OCT)
- Benefits from the state
Mobile check deposit will be enabled automatically in your Chime app 30 days after you receive your paycheck direct deposit.
Note: When you make cash deposit into your Chime Spending Account, money is transferred to your account by a third party. Once the money from the third party is received by the bank that holds your account, they will be FDIC insured.
Except for transaction costs and transfer time, loading your Chime card at any Chime deposit partner is virtually identical. Here’s how you can load your Chime card at CVS.
- Locate a CVS store in your area to begin.
- If you’re not sure where the closest CVS is, use the store locator or the Google map.
- The application will also provide you with directions to the store.
- Go to any cashier and show them your Chime card.
- Then give them the money to put on your card.
Loading your Chime card costs vary depending on the shop and the amount you’re putting on your card.
After entering any Walmart shop, asks the cashier to load the amount onto your Chime card at the Money Center counter or the customer service desk.
Each card load costs $3.74 or less at Walmart. Within 2 hours of depositing into your Chime card, the funds will appear in your account.
Walgreens loads Chime Cards between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. at nearly 9,000 locations. Customers can load their cards with a limit of 3 deposits per 24 hours. There is also a $10,000 monthly deposit limit. Between $3 and $10 could be charged at Walgreens.
- With your Chime card in hand, go to any Walgreens location.
- Make direct contact with the cashier or the associate. Tell them you’d like to top up your Chime card with money.
- They may inquire about your phone number to determine whether or not you are a registered customer.
- Find out appropriate fee for loading money based on the search results.
- Give them your Chime card.
- Finally, the cashier will add money to your card as soon as possible using the card reading machine.
When you load your card with Chime, you should be aware that third-party stores may charge you additional transaction fees. The sellers establish these costs, not Chime.
You may check the fee for each transaction before visiting a business. The procedure is as follows:
- Sign in to your account on your Chime mobile app.
- Select the Move Money option from the drop-down menu.
- Deposit Cash should appear on the screen.
- In the next box, you’ll see a button that says See Locations near Me. The available retailers in your area will be displayed if you tap on this.
- Tap the “info” symbol next to a retailer’s name to discover their transaction fees.
Where Can I Load My Chime Card – Alternatives
You can transfer money from another major bank to your Chime card if you don’t want to go to a physical location. If you have an account with one of the following banks, you have this option:
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo.
- Navy Federal
- PNC Bank
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- Charles Schwab
- TD Bank
Use the Chime mobile app to access your account. Select Transfers under the Move Money menu. After that, type in your bank account’s login and password.
This form of transfer has a monthly cap of $25,000 and a daily cap of $10,000. However, bank account transfers take five days to appear on your Chime card, whereas cash deposits take only minutes.
You might be interested in reading: How To Transfer Money From Chime To PayPal.
Is it Possible To Load Money onto My Chime Card at an ATM?
If you want to load money onto your chime card at an ATM, you’re out of a good fortune.
As of February 2021, Chime does not support this capability. This service may be introduced in the future, but for now, you must make do with what you have.
Does It Take Long For The Money To Show Up In Your Account?
The money will be paid to consumers’ accounts in only 2 hours, according to Chime. The time it takes for funds to appear in your account balance will be the same whether you deposit with CVS, Walmart, or any other of Chime’s deposit partners.
- Chime will give you a notification on the mobile number you provided to set up your account when the money is ready after you complete a transaction.
You can also check your account balance two hours after loading your card by logging in to your Chime mobile app.
You might be interested in reading: How To Delete Chime Account?
The Bottom Line
Chime is a bank-like online money-transfer service. You can use the app to send and receive money.
You can also use Chime’s debit card for a variety of transactions. Direct payments from your company, money sent into your account by others, connecting a bank to Chime, and depositing checks are all ways to add money to your Chime account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to load Chime at Dollar General?
Your Cash App, NetSpend, Green Dot, and Chime Cards can be loaded at Dollar General. You must make your request to the Cashier, who will receive your cash; transactions can appear on your Card in as little as 10 minutes.
How long does it take to top up a chime card with cash?
The originating bank normally initiates the transfer and the deposit is received within 3 working days. The money will be available the same day after they are applied to your Spending Account.
Is it possible to load my chime card via the internet?
Add your Chime Spending Account to your external bank’s website using the routing and account numbers you’d use for direct deposit.
What is the cost of adding money to a Chime card?
a $3.50-$4.95 loading fee will be charged and will be limited to loading their card three times in a rolling 24-hour period with a maximum deposit limit of $1,000 and a monthly deposit limit of $10,000.
Is it true that Chime is a prepaid card?
Chime isn’t a prepaid card, so don’t get your hopes up. You get a Spending Account, a Visa debit card, and an optional Savings Account when you open an account with Chime online. A prepaid card, on the other hand, is not linked to a bank account and must be loaded with funds ahead of time.