Venmo has proved to be the right pick for mobile money transfers especially since a number of retailers now accept Venmo as viable payment method. However, it is still common for customer to experience payment decline so if you are wonder why is Venmo declining my payment, this guide will let you know all about it!
- Issues with bank, security check, poor internet connection, unresponsive app, and maintenance work are common reasons why Venmo payment is declining.
- Venmo customer support team may help you refund the payment if it was declined but the amount has been deducted from your balance.
- You can not opt for a refund if you have mistakenly transferred the funds to a wrong recipient.
…and Much More!
Why Is Venmo Declining My Payment?
If you have already visited their official website you would see that Venmo clearly mentions only two reasons why any payment would be declined on this platform.
- Linked bank account or the debit card is causing an issue.
- There is an automated security flag that the authorities have to check before allowing the payment transfer.
With that being said, there could be a number of unrelated factors that can result in unsuccessful transaction on Venmo. You can find out why your Venmo payment did not go through and luckily, most of these glitches are easy to fix. Here are a few of them that you should consider.
- Network issues could be causing a problem.
- Transaction load is another reason why Venmo may decline your payments.
- Blocked bank account or debit card also does not let a payment to be processed.
- The payment will not proceed if the app is unresponsive.
- Bank’s or the apps’ maintenance work will also hinder online transfers.
Also keep in mind that Venmo does not allow international payments. Therefore, if you are trying to make one, it will be declined.
Venmo Payment Did Not Go Through – Method To Get The Refund
If the payment from your Venmo app is unsuccessful, it is hardly likely that any money would be deducted from the balance. Consequently, you will not need a refund.
- However, in some cases, the amount is deducted although it has not been debited to the recipient.
If you have experienced this, the best course of action is to report it to Venmo customer support team. You can either call the authorities through their toll-free number or reach out directly, as per your comfort.
Some customer consider refund when they have sent it to a wrong account and the payment has been completed. Where it is possible to cancel a pending transaction, Venmo will not refund your money if you have made a wrong payment. Again, the official support team may guide you better in this regards.
How To Fix Venmo Payment Issue – Step By Step Guide
The problem of Venmo payment being declined typically arise due to bank issues, card issues, or if there is a an automated security flag. Although it sounds like there is not much that you can do in either of the cases, experts have suggested some troubleshooting steps that may prove to be useful.
Before you try any of these hacks, make sure that your Venmo account is up to date, you have enough funds, and that your account has not been put on hold due to any issues. All good? Now, here’s what you need to do.
- Improve your internet connection so the transaction does not experience any issues with network.
- Wait till you can use your own device for the transfer instead of opting for a public computer. In this manner, you would be able to guarantee that internet is not the culprit here.
- Run your device through an anti-virus scanning software.
- Disable VPN services as these can hinder money transfers. The same goes for any location services that you might have enabled.
- Recheck the information that you are providing for the recipient as well as the date and the time on your phone.
- Get in contact with the bank to confirm that there is no app maintenance work going on.
- Wait for the network issues to resolve automatically.
- You can also change the debit card or your bank account if the problem does not settle.
- Also confirm that you have sufficient funds in your account.
Attention! There are different payment methods available that you can try out in case your Venmo payment is not going through.
The Bottom Line
Venmo is an impeccable app that hosts a number of perks for its users. Its allows you to borrow money, add and interact with friends on Venmo, cash a check and even make a Bachelorette account for free treats!
If you are facing Venmo payment declining issue, then rest assured that these are easy to fix as long as you know the most common reason for why it is happening. Then you can resort to a suitable troubleshooting method. Venmo customer support team would be of great help in this regard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Venmo keeps on declining my payment?
There are many reasons why Venmo may decline your payment. Some of the most common reasons are blocked bank account, debit card, insufficient funds, network issues, etc.
I have tried every hack but my Venmo payments are not going through. Why?
If no method is working, it is best to call Venmo customer support team and seek their help in this regards.