Do you consider your device coming under the best router for Verizon FiOS? If you are a Verizon FiOS lover, you must be looking for Verizon FiOS router in the market.
You can have a better success in purchasing your own wireless router even if the Verizon FiOS offer you more options to rent from them.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Router for Verizon FiOS?
The first thing to know before getting the Verizon FiOS is that not every router is compatible with FiOS so you should purchase the one considering FiOS feature. Before positioning your network, you should find out what network setup do you have.
The process becomes fairly simple if you subscribe to the Verizon internet plan whereas if you have the bundled plan, then there may be a few more steps added for the installation. However, keep in mind the size of your home, the number of users, number of connected network routers, and the bandwidth before setting your router.
The user must consider the following points before getting a Verizon FiOS Router:
Before getting the Verizon FiOS, go for the latest wireless standard mostly commonly used these days that is 802.11 AC and N.
A dual-band 802.11n Wifi router would be a perfect choice as it supports the speed up to 900 Mbps whereas the most advanced 802.11 ac can support up to a maximum of 1.3 Gbps.
Purchasing the router, it is essential to check the Ethernet Ports. The more the number of WAN/LAN ports, the better it will work. Normally, there are two types of Ethernet ports available on routers
Gigabit Ethernet Ports: These ports the Gigabit speed and more ensuring the user with a fast and steady connection for your home.
List Fast Ethernet: This Ethernet port also provides a fast connection, but is limited due to the connection up to a speed of 100 Mbps.
Types of USB Ports
You can connect other network devices such as scanners, printers, external HDs and the hardware storage devices, with your router through the USB ports. There are majorly two types of ports as
USB 2.0 – This is the oldest yet the basic type of USB port.
USB 3.0 – It provides the best compatibility and can be used for Verizon FiOS routers so much preferred.
Verizon FiOS fiber optic connection works best with an impressive download speed of 940 Mbps and an upload speed of 880 Mbps. So, before purchasing a router for FiOS and despite having a good Gigabit connection, the user should consider the real-life speed of the router.
How Does the FiOS Technology Work?
The FiOS technology works through the fiber optic cords that flows to an ONT box externally at your house. The ONT box facilitates in providing the Internet, nullifying any need for the user to have a modem.
The one differentiating feature is that ONT boxes do not provide the wireless facility unlike the modem networks. For this purpose, you should first assure having the router for Verizon FiOS.
Let’s face it, if you’re shelling out a monthly fee, and you’re already a Verizon FiOS customer, why would they spend big bucks on constantly upgrading your router? Think about it, you’re spending a certain amount each month for a product that may not be the best.
But if you buy your own wireless router from the list of Verizon FiOS compatible routers in this guide, you’ll have access to better advanced features which will give you better performance. Not only that, you end up saving on those pesky fees that are a monthly reminder of non optimal routers, while constantly paying for something you don’t even own.
Linksys EA7500 Wireless Router:
Brand Name: Linksys | Model Number: EA7500 | Wifi Speed: up to 1900 Mbps | Dual-band Wifi: 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz | Ethernet Ports: 1G WAN, 4G LAN ports | Antennas: 3 external antennas |
Linksys EA7500 Review:
Linksys always proved itself providing the best models one after another and this Linksys EA7500 is the one coming under the best router for Verizon FiOS. The users find this device very comfortable to use providing the fast and reliable Wifi connectivity without any interruptions. It comes with a modern MU-MIMO technology making it easier for the customers to connect multiple devices at a time and at the same time stream all of them with equal speed and high performance.
Moreover, the router has a dual-band Wifi system coming with a speed of 1900 Mbps so the users can enjoy watching their favorite shows without troubles. It depends on the customer to either connect it with 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz and get the outclass connectivity results.
Linksys EA7500 provides three amplified antennas for a better range and so you can extend the Wifi to get more signals and high-end streaming. Above all, the demand of this router is always on top because of its fascinating features and easy setup process. The users finding a device containing Verizon FiOS can instantly purchase this!
Multiple Features of Linksys EA7500
- Now you can enjoy the great streaming with Linksys EA7500 as it arrives with a dual-core processor of 1.4 GHz.
- The wireless router equips with a dual-band Wifi technology so you can connect your devices with either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz providing a speed of 800 Mbps or 1733 Mbps respectively.
- Moreover, you can also set a distinguishing password and share it with a maximum of 50 guests without any issues.
- The Ethernet ports provides a speed which is 10x faster than the usual Ethernet
- There are two USB ports supported by the Linksys EA7500 enhancing the connectivity options.
- The EA7500 is also compatible with the Linksys app so you can have a remote access of the router at any time.
- You can keep your router secure and set the limited content on the router by the latest Parental control feature.
- EA7500 also equips with a device prioritization feature allowing you to fix some devices on priority and get a comparatively more speed on them.
TP-Link Archer AX6000 Wireless Router :
Brand Name: Dimensions | Model Number: Archer AX6000 | Bandwidths: dual-band – 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz | Antennas: 8 External Antennas | Item Weight: 3.5 pounds | Dimensions: 10 x 12 x 4 inches |
TP-Link Archer AX6000 Review:
The Archer AX6000 considers to be the good router for Verizon FiOS. It is one of the portable Wifi routers that hits the market with its massive features. The router comes equipped with the latest 802.11 ax technology providing a dual-band facility so, it supports a speed of 1148 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and a speed of 4804 Mbps for 5 GHz.
Moreover, it has numerous connectivity options containing eight gigabit LAN ports and a multi-gigabit WAN port. For the external devices connectivity, the router offers two USB ports.
The installation process is very simple and you can comfortably manage it from your phone via the TP-link Tether mobile app. Not only this, but the router supports the Verizon FiOS and delivers solid throughput and fast file transferring process.
In addition, the Archer AX6000 powers by a 1.8 GHz quad-core processor with a RAM of 1GB and a flash memory coming in 128 MB. The router also switches between the router and the access point mode so to configure wireless channel numbers and enable/disable OFDMA, etc. You can connect the device with Alexa or IFTTT applets to get the voice command feature and upgrade the firmware by the aid of System Tools.
All in all, one can consider this device best for getting the Verizon FiOS facility.
Multiple Features of TP-Link Archer AX6000
- By the dual bandwidth, providing a speed of 1148 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 4804 Mbps on 5 GHz, the user can boost up their Wifi speed and enhance the performing.
- With the developed OFDMA and AX MU-MIMO technology, the Archer AX6000 provides an increased capacity, up to four times the traditional AC Wifi, so the user can connect multiple devices.
- You can optimize the packet deliver and lessen the waiting time or interference by the OFDMA and BSS color technology so to get more efficiency.
- The router comes with eight external antennas to get more signals and transfer them at a higher rate.
- The beamforming technology in Archer AX6000 allows you to set and prioritize the most used devices and still get the same speed on every device.
- The user can easily set up the router through the Tether app provided by TP-Link. Just connect the cables and the app will guide you through the process.
- It is compatible with Alexa so you can keep yourself hand-free and control the device through voice command. This router is great for streaming online channels.
- You can set the limited devices on priority and keep the network safe by using the parental controls.
TP-Link AC1750 Wireless Router:
Brand Name: TP-link | Model Name: Wireless Router Archer A7 | Data Transfer Rate: 1750 Mb per second | Dual-band: 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz | Ethernet Ports: 4 | Hardware Platform: Windows, Max, Linux-based, iOS, android |
TP-Link AC1750 Review
The great TP-link AC1750 is a budget-friendly Wifi router that is a perfect modem supporting and coming for Verizon FiOS. The router facilitates the users with its dual bandwidth which connects the wired devices through its four gigabit LAN ports and multiple other features available.
Moreover, the A7 wireless router delivers the speedy and steady throughput and its long range provides a great performance and easy file transfer most probably due to its USB 2.0 port.
The premium security features introduced in Archer A7 allows the user and its family to browse the Internet safely and with complete surveillance. In addition, the router gives access to the guest network so you can enjoy the uninterrupted and lag-free Online streaming. If you want to stream specific channel like FS1 stream here’s the guide.
Multiple Features of TP-Link AC1750
- The TP-link Archer A7 delivers an outstanding Wifi coverage with 2,500 square feet throughout your home so you can enjoy the stream-less network services.
- The three high-end antennas and robust amplifiers allows the strong connection to provide a good strength internet.
- The Wifi provided is 3x faster than the normal Wifi devices providing an ultra HD/4K streaming without interruptions.
- The advanced voice command feature through Amazon Echo or Alexa is also supported by the TP-link Archer A7.
- The modern QoS feature allows the user to prioritize the most-used devices and get a better range of speed on them.
- The best security feature equips with advanced WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption comes with the Archer A7.
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Wireless Router:
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: RAX120-100NAS | Wifi Coverage: 3,500 square feet | Ethernet Ports: 5 | Antennas: 8 amplified antennas | Item Weight: 2.99 pounds |
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Review
Netgear Nighthawk AX12 is a router coming with an advanced Wifi 6 technology and compatible router for Verizon FiOS. You can finally get your hands on the network adapter providing 802.11 ax technology and couples with Wifi 6 routers.
The AX12 comes in the category of huge routers providing a greater stability and fast connection. It looks more pretty and fantastic when set in home because of its unique, slick body and the aerodynamic property.
Furthermore, this peculiar router delivers a dual bandwidth and performs best with its file-transfer and better throughput. Moreover, the Nighthawk AX12 supports a multi-gigabit LAN and WAN ports for wired connections. The user also gets a WPA3 supported encryption, but unfortunately the wireless device lacks parental controls.
Coming with a packing of twelve stream Wifi, the Netgear Nighthawk works 4x faster than the normal AC standard Wifi router. The company improved a lot of its features including the hardware access so now the device is offering an innovative technology known as OFDMA supporting the Verizon FiOS.
Multiple Features of Netgear Nighthawk AX12
- The latest device offers a 12-stream with Wifi 6 technology to provide a speedy network and greater capacity.
- Now you can enjoy the smooth and lag-free ultra 4K/HD streaming of your favorite shows or video games by the speed up to 6Gbps.
- With the 6X capacity of the router, users can connect the device with up to 30 devices and still get a fast speed on every one of them.
- The new OFDMA technology introduced in Netgear AX12 permits the user to share the Wifi bandwidth with much more efficiency.
- You don’t have to pay the additional charges for protection as the advanced Netgear Armor Threat Protection provides you complete security for viruses or malware.
- The Nighthawk app makes it convenient for the customer to set up the device and use it.
- It covers a wide range of 3,500 square feet to provide greater signal strength and so the user can use the network connection from a long range within a home.
- Netgear AX12 is also compatible with Amazon Echo or Alexa to provide the voice command feature.
Linksys WRT AC3200 Wireless Router:
Brand Name: Linksys | Model Number: WRT3200ACM | Ethernet Ports: 4 | USB Ports: 2 | Data Transfer Rate: 2160 Mb per second | Item Weight: 1.74 pounds |
Linksys WRT AC3200 Review:
The WRT AC3200 is a latest addition to the WRT routers family of Linksys providing the upgraded firmware with open-source code. The router offers customized settings and some advanced monitoring capabilities. The Multi User MIMO technology available in Linksys enhances the multiple devices connected with the router and provides equal speed to them.
Moreover, the router also provides a Tri-stream 160 technology that can efficiently double the 80 MHz channel width to get a faster throughput speed. So the users can enjoy the wide streaming through this extra-ordinary Wifi router.
Moreover, the installation process is very easy and the users can setup the device by going through the installation guide. All in all, the Linksys WRT AC3200 considered to be the best choice for users who want to get OpenWrt firmware and a highly speed internet for their home.
Multiple Features of Linksys WRT AC3200
- The Linksys wireless router delivers the flaming-fast Wifi performance to multiple devices by the fantastic Tri streaming of 160.
- The router features two USB ports that provide a versatile range to connect to eSATA and USB hard drives, flash drivers, and much more. You can transfer the files and share devices with a 10x faster speed.
- The router effectively doubles the bandwidth of 5 GHz to give a heavy data activity and also with the 2.6 Gbps of ultra-fast Wifi speeds.
- Linksys has an outclass 1.8 GHz dual-core processor giving the router a power to handle even the strongest network traffic and works smoothly with the lowest latency as well.
- The four gigabit Ethernet ports permits the user to transfer and receive files at a rate that is ten times more than the normal Fast Ethernet.
- Now you can stream the 4K/HD quality movies, listen to music, and play video games without any buffering issues at a speed greater than the non-MU-MIMO network device.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 Wireless Router:
Brand Name: Netgear | Model Number: R8000-100NAS | Wifi bands: 2×5 GHz and 1×2.4 GHz | Wifi Speed: Up to 3.2 GHz | Item Weight: 1.03 pounds | Amplified Antennas: 6 |
Netgear Nighthawk X6 Review:
You can get the abundant features with the awesome Netgear Nighthawk X6 that easily connects to your multiple smart devices.
The incredible speed offered by the X6 is maximum up to 3.2 GHz so you can enjoy the lag-free streaming all day. Moreover, the tri-band nature of the Wireless router made it even more steady to use by the customers.
The router launched with six external and amplified antennas so you can efficiently use the device for a better and strong range where the wife covers the area up to 3,500 square feet. Moreover, the dynamic QoS system permits the user to focus on the most used devices and set them on priority.
There is no confusion of configuring the device again and again if the system shuts down automatically because the router arrives with the pre-installed default settings.
As far as some downsides are concerned, the only lacking feature is the Multi-user MIMO feature which should be present. Otherwise, the router is a top pick by most customers!
Multiple Features of Netgear Nighthawk X6
- You can enjoy a flash memory of 128 MB and RAM of 256 MB which considers to be the maximum by most companies.
- The pro tri-band feature of R8000 facilitates its users by providing two 5 GHz and one 2.4 GHz of frequency with the high speed of 3200 Mbps.
- You can set the devices on priority with the help of advanced Quality of Service (QoS) feature.
- The users also enjoy a high-end speed equally distributed among all the connected devices with the latest Beamforming+ feature.
- Now you can install a third party firmware as well as per your demand.
- The wireless router is compatible with the smart Connect app for better accessibility.
TP-link OnHub Wireless Router:
Brand Name: TP-link | Model Name: Router Only | Item Weight: 1.90 lbs. | Dimensions: 4.10 x 4.60 x 7.50 inches | Ethernet Ports: 2 | Data Transfer Rate: 1900 Mb per second |
OnHub Wireless Router Review:
The OnHub is a dual-band wireless router that was launched by TP-Link. The sleek and beautiful design of OnHub never made the customer realized it’s a traditional looking router. One of the best features is that it contains multiple antennas arranged in circular pattern so the user can use and strengthen the Wifi signals efficiently.
Furthermore, the router comes with a total of 1900 Mbps speed which is sufficient enough to provide a high-end internet connection. In addition, it has 1.4 GHz dual-core processor which enhances the wireless router performance.
This device considered to be the best router in a much affordable price than any other. The installation process is not that simple unless and until you have a Google account for the setup.
Unfortunately, the OnHub wireless router lacks the parental controls and VPN services and the company should work on it to get more sales. Moreover, the accommodation of wired connectivity is limited to just one port. Another suggestion that i wanna mention is that, if your house is too big then you should also need to use extender or access point depending on your need.
Multiple Features of OnHub Wireless Router
- The top-notch On Hub wireless router facilitates the users with its dual-band Wifi feature providing a huge range of speed up to 1900 Mbps.
- The powerful antennas, in a number 13, provide a strong, reliable, and fast connectivity with the other devices.
- The installation process is easy as long as you have a Google account access.
- You can prioritize the bandwidths of your choice according to the speed you want to get.
- Last but not least, the OnHub Wireless device supports a connection with up to 10+ devices.
Router For Verizon Fios Frequently Asked Questions
What routers can work with FIOS?
A number of routers are compatible with Verizon FIOS. The final choice would depend on your needs and the budget. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi router and Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band WiFi 5 router are two affordable choices. Other than that, the Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi router is a high-end device that also works with Verizon FIOS.
I am struggling with Verizon FIOS WiFi signal strength. Help!
You can easily deal with signal loss and connectivity issues by using the Fios extender. Just connect the extender to a coax outlet preferably in an area where the WiFi signal strength is strong. Connect the router and extender to the power outlet and wait for the solid white light that shows that the connection is complete and stable. This will help you improve Verizon FIOS WiFi signal strength.
Do I really need to buy the latest router that works with Verizon Fios?
If you wish to achieve the best experience then investing in the latest router is the right way to go. The latest FIOS router features Tri-band WiFi technology that provides 63% more coverage and 60% faster speed as compared to previous models.
Are routers compatible with FIOS available for rent?
Yes! Most of the routers that are compatible with Verizon FIOS are available for rent. However, it is better to buy the router instead of renting these for a number of reasons.
First of all, the router on rent will not let you access all the features. On top of that, paying monthly charges makes it more expensive than buying a router after a few months.
Is there a specific router that works “best” with FIOS?
The best router simply depends on what you are looking for. Therefore the most suitable choice would differ from person to person. TP-Link Archer A7 is a budget-friendly choice for those who are looking for cheap options.
Additionally, Netgear Orbi mesh is a great option if you wish to achieve extended coverage. Netgear AX6000 is a reliable choice for general high performance.
Our best pick is Linksys ea7500 based on price point, speed, compatibility & other factors but you can always choose otherwise depending on the product qualities you need. For example, many users who prefer the aesthetics of their room above anything have opted for TP-Link OnHub Wireless Router instead.
We would love to hear about your final choice as well. If you have any other queries let us know in the comments down below.
My Name is Hazel. I like to write about , finance, Tech, Software’s & more. Other then that i love football & travelling new places.