Greenlight debit card is an app that teaches kids about money management in a real-world setting. With all of the improvements in E-banking , one of the most frequently asked questions is can you transfer money from Greenlight card to bank account? Let’s find out!
- You can not transfer funds from Greenlight card to bank account directly but you can contact customer support team for the request.
- Greenlight card allows you to cash out at ATMs after you have been approved for such withdrawals.
- Greenlight card is easy to use and it helps in savings.
…and Much More!
Can You Transfer Money From Greenlight Card to Bank Account?
Many parents wish there was an easy way to teach their children money management. Not only does the Greenlight Debit Card provide this option, but it also allows you to transfer money to your bank account.
- Even though you cannot transfer funds straight from your green light to your bank account, you can contact authorities for assistance.
The only method available for the transfer is to contact customer care and request to move money from Parent’s wallet back to a linked bank account.
You can reach out to customer service either by calling at 888-483-2645 or texting at 404-974-3024. Alternatively, you may also fill out a brief form with your credentials to send an email request.
Can You Cash Out From a Greenlight Card at an ATM?
Kids can use their Greenlight card at any ATM that displays the names or logos of Mastercard, Visa Interlink, or Maestro.
Alternatively, parents need to alter the settings of your “Any ATM” Spend Control if you want your child to be able to withdraw money from their “Spend Anywhere” category at an ATM. Here’s how it is done.
- Go to your child’s Dashboard by clicking on his or her name.
- Select the Spending tile from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Spending Category or Specific Store control you want to modify. Tap the control to activate it.
- Select the word Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Enable “Pull Overages from Spend Anywhere’.
You might be interested in reading: ATMs That Let You Overdraft.
The first transaction your kid makes cannot be at an ATM for security reasons. Moreover, the following points should be kept in mind while using Greenlight card
- If funds are available in your child’s “Any ATM” Spend Control after the card has been successfully used online or at a sales register, they can withdraw money from an ATM.
- Many ATMs need your child to select an account from which to take money either checking or general checking account.
- The daily maximum withdrawal amount per card is $105 per day.
- The monthly maximum withdrawal amount per family is $525 per month.
- The banks that run the ATMs levy a withdrawal fee, which is payable at every withdrawal.
Greenlight Card – Perks and Features
One of the most critical skills you can help your children learn is money management. The Greenlight debit card is one of the tools you may use to educate your children to understand money. Take a look at the perks and benefits of the Greenlight card.
Simple to Use
The green light card is very simple to use. You have to provide basic credentials to sign up for an account. This includes names of the child or children’s, date of birth, mailing address, SSN, and a valid bank account or debit card number.
Anyone above the age of 18 and a legal citizen in the US can open a main account with Greenlight. Both parents and children have easy access to the Greenlight card. However, there are some restrictions on the age limit.
Helps In Savings
With Greenlight, it is easier for parents to encourage their children to create healthy and long-lasting financial habits. This will motivate and focus their children on money management.
At any time, your children can transfer money from other approved Spend Controls or their General Savings into Savings Goals. Greenlight Savings Reward allows kids to earn up to 2% on their savings balances.
You might be interested in reading: Affirm Savings Account Review.
Designed for Families
Greenlight is a debit card created specifically for families unlike other debit cards, it’s a parent-controlled debit card for kids.
This will provide parents and their children with a complete picture of their finances, including spending, saving, and giving while also educating them about money management.
How To Apply for the Greenlight Card
If you’re a parent, guardian, or Primary Accountholder and wish to apply for a Greenlight card, firstly you need to sign up for the Greenlight program. Then you can create an account as a parent or legal guardian. For this purpose, you would need to provide the following information.
- Full name.
- Residential Address.
- Date of birth.
- Security Social number.
Your children’s cards will be created immediately after you sign up, and it will arrive in 7-10 business days.
- You can only add up to 5 children to your Greenlight account. If your child is under the age of 18, only a Standard Card will be issued.
However, after reaching a particular age limit, it can be upgraded to a Custom Card. Moreover, after applying for a greenlight card, each child you enroll will receive their own Greenlight debit card automatically.
The Bottom Line
Greenlight is an excellent learning tool for children of all ages, though there is no age restriction except when applying for a standard credit card. Parents should read the fine print, purchase and withdrawal rules before signing up so they know what they’re getting into.
Greenlight customer service can help you transfer money from your greenlight to your bank account. Due to its distinct features, Greenlight stands out among other apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure for withdrawing funds from my greenlight card?
Many ATMs require you to select an account from which to take funds at the ATM, your child must select “Checking” or “General Checking.” T
The maximum daily withdrawal amount per card is $105 per day, while the maximum monthly withdrawal amount per family is $525 month.
Are there any routing numbers on Greenlight cards?
Call Greenlight at 1-888-483-2645 to acquire your Sub-account Account’s number and routing number.
Is it possible to get your money back from your Greenlight card?
Unfortunately, Greenlight does not allow minors to withdraw cash from the register (apart from an ATM) at this time, because it avoids the parental safeguards we put in place.