With Venmo becoming a highly demanded app for money transfers, many new users wish to know how to add money to Venmo. Well, you have landed on the right page!
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. You can add money to Venmo via linked bank account by Add Bank > Verify > Manage Balance > Add Money > Amount of Money > Review > Confirm.
2. You can use Venmo to pay through credit card or debit card by Menu > Settings > Payment method > card options > Proceed.
3. The funds transferred to your Venmo account would be made available within 3 to 5 business days.
…and Much More!
How To Add Money To Venmo?
Venmo is a Paypal service that you can use by syncing to your credit card, debit card or bank account. The mobile app then helps you pay your family or friends easily and quickly via online transfers.
However, before you begin using the application, you need to add funds to Venmo. That is the only way that you can begin to make payments.
Attention! Moreover, it would be helpful to know about its spending limit so you don’t land into unnecessary trouble. Read more about Venmo spending limits Here.
As for refunding Venmo account, following is an easy guide on how you can get it done.
- Add Bank account to Venmo profile if you have not done so before.
- Verify the bank account in your Venmo app.
- Move to homepage and then tap on Manage Balance at the top of the application.
- Tap on Add Money.
- Add the amount of money that you wish to add to your Venmo account
- Confirm the transaction from your bank account and tap on Next.
- Review the information. You can also check the estimated time of arrival and date. Then click on Add Money.
Make Payments Via Venmo Debit Card/Credit Card
You can make payments with your debit card or credit card with the help of Venmo. If you want to use these then the first thing to do is set the card information.
- Click on the Menu button.
- Continue to Settings.
- Go to the Payment Method option. and click on Add bank account or card (debit or credit).
- Select the card option from here.
- You can choose whether you want to add the information of the card manually or with the help of the camera of the phone. Perform the step as per need.
- Proceed to the payment.
It is helpful to have the contact information of a support agent from your bank account or card because sometimes you may have issues such as rejection of card during verification.
- Venmo does not facilitate you to update the card-related information.
If the linked card expires or there is a change in the basic information, such as your contact address, then you will have to request for new registration in order to update the information.
How Long It Takes For Funds To Reach Your Venmo Account
When you add money to Venmo, it takes about 3 to 5 business days to reach.
- You cannot use the funds until they are available in your Venmo balance.
This time taken may change depending on different factors such as holidays, weekends, or bank-related issues. Remember, the payments are only processed during business days.
You can track the status of the transfer of funds in the Venmo app on your mobile or in the transactions section. You should typically receive a notification when the funds reach your account.
If you don’t receive the money within 5 business days, it is better to contact the Customer Support Service for guidance or update. .
Instant Transfer Option With Venmo
There is no instant money transfer option in Venmo till date.
However, if you need money urgently in your Venmo balance then you can request funds from another Venmo user. This transfer takes lesser time to complete.
Cancel the Transfer of Funds to Venmo
You can not cancel the transfer of funds once you have initiated the transaction. The only thing that you can do is to transfer the money back to your bank account if you have sent by mistake.
If the transfer fails because of any valid reason, you will get a notification via your email address or phone number.
The Bottom Line
It is a very easy process to transfer money to your Venmo balance and then use it pay bills or share with friends and family.
The best part? You can do it effortlessly, sitting on the couch just by using your smartphone.
- If you have a negative balance in your Venmo account then it will be deducted from the transferred money and the remaining will show.
So, these are the things that you need to keep in mind when learning about how to add money to Venmo.
Hopefully, you won’t have any trouble with this simple procedure from now onwards.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Add Money To Venmo
How can I add money to my Venmo account?
You can add money to your Venmo account by using a linked bank account.
You first have to verify the bank within Venmo app and then visit the Add Money section to enter the amount of funds you wish to transfer.
Can you deposit money into Venmo directly?
The way to deposit money into Venmo is by using your bank account linked to Venmo app.
You have to click on Manage Balance and then move to Add Money. Here you can choose to transfer the funds from your bank to Venmo Balance.
The transfer may take up to 5 business days. A quicker method is to request a Venmo user to send you funds directly.
Can you load Venmo at Walmart?
Walmart accepts payments via Venmo. You can also perform online purchases using Venmo app by choosing PayPal as the option on the check-out page. However, it is not possible to load funds to Venmo account at Walmart.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.