Quality furniture can be a bit expensive and thus, not something that everyone can afford. That is why options like furniture financing with bad credit and rent-to-own furniture stores have become quite popular. Another interesting opportunity is to get it through furniture stores with military discount. Let us show you some of the best options in the market!
- Some prominent furniture stores with military discounts are Slumberland Furniture, West Elm, Bassett, Allform furniture and Kirkland’s.
- Other furniture stores like Designer Looks or American Signature only offer military discounts on special holidays.
- Leading retail and furniture stores such as Walmart, Target or Ashley’s Furniture do not have any military discounts.
…and Much More!
Furniture Stores With Military Discount
We have discussed below some of the best stores that offer furniture on military discounts. Some operate online and some have in-store purchases only. Check them out!
Value City Furniture
You would be able to find furniture items here for every room and with every styling. Moreover, military discounts are often available here although the amount of discounts may vary from time to time.
- On most of the days, you can get up to 30% off on furniture items. This is variable by location and timings.
- This discount can not be combined with other sale offers on the store.
- It can also not be redeemed online.
- You must provide valid military ID as proof at the time of shopping.
- Only active and retired service members can avail of this offer.
Although Slumberland has a strict criteria for discounts, you can find good furniture products here. In fact, it is regarded as one of the best options in the list!
- You can not use the discount on clearance items, special purchase items, MyPillow, Posturepedic Hybrid mattresses, Stearns & Foster, Tempur-Pedic, etc.
- Slumberland Furniture offers up to 10% off on furniture items.
- You must provide valid military ID at the time of purchase.
- The discount is also only valid on in-store purchases.
- Active military members and retired military members can get discounts in Slumberland Furniture.
When it comes to military discounts, Home Depot does not have a specific eligibility criteria nor does it highlight any specific promotional period but we are sure you can bag a good deal here on selected items at participating locations.
- Home Depot offers discounts to active-duty members and veterans.
- Eligible buyers can get 10% off in stores on selective items only.
- There is no set eligibility criteria for getting the discount and the terms of offering vary from time to time.
- The official website may be able to guide you better in this regard.
- It is also helpful to simply take your military ID card to local Home Depot customer service desk for help.
Lowe’s sells more than just furniture. In fact, you would be able to find range of products here that are sufficient to renovate your entire home including gardening supplies, lights, DIY home decoration pieces, etc.
- It is one of the few furniture stores that have variety of other items as well that can be bought on military discounts.
- You can get up to 10% off on eligible purchases.
- This offer is valid to those who are in active duty or serving as Veteran service members.
- You must register at Lowe’s to activate your account.
- The discounts can then be used for both, online and in-store purchases.
You might be interested in reading: Lowe’s Credit Limit Increase.
West Elm offers military discounts as well. You can get considerable sales on furniture products but keep in mind that these can not be combined with other offers.
- You can get up to 15% off at West Elm.
- It is applicable to for active or retired military personnel and their family members.
- The discounts are available in stores only.
- The discount is not valid on West Elm collection, LOCAL, and Everyday Values.
- You can also not get the discounts on Sonos electronics, Casper mattresses, Pantelligent, and Stikwood Adhesive Paneling.
Bassett furniture store sells furnishing, accessories, decorations pieces and obviously amazing furniture items as well. You can buy this stuff from its brick and mortar store or through the online website with home delivery.
- Typically, you get up to 30% off on furniture and up to 10% off on accessories.
- Although the company operates online and in-store, the discounts are often only available online. It may be provided at selective stores only.
- You can not combine the offer with other discounts. Moreover, items like mattresses can not be purchased under this offer.
- You must bring valid military ID or family ID and verify your identity at Bassett Furniture online.
- This offer is applicable to all active military members, retired military officers, National Guard, Coast Guard, Space Force, reservists and their first respondents or families.
Boscov’s has been operating for years now and it hosts a wide variety of furniture items that you can choose from. You can shop online as well as in stores and avail discounts at both options.
- It offers up to 15% off on total purchases.
- The discount code that you get is also only valid for 1 year. Once the time finishes, you will have to re-apply for the offer.
- Providing military ID is must at the time of the purchase.
- Active duty, retired veterans, their families and first respondents are eligible for the offer. This also includes Coast Guard, United States Public Health Service, Atmospheric Administration, and National Oceanic Administration.
- You can get more information about this at the official branch service.
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Another reliable option in the list of furniture stores with military discount is Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- The store has furniture items, furnishing, decoration pieces in their online as well as retail locations.
- There is no set percentage for the discount that it offers to military buyers.
- However, the site does mention that it has special offerings and pricing for military personnel.
- You must bring military ID to a Nebraska Furniture Mart location for identity verification.
- The sales associate present at the location will give you details about the special pricing at the furniture mart.
Another option to try out for purchase of furniture on discount is Z-Galleria. It has a considerably wide collection and you should be able to find something of your liking here.
- Z Galleria offers up to 25% off on regularly priced furniture items.
- You can purchase the items in stores only. The discounts are not available online.
- Moreover, you can not combine the offers with other discounts.
- It is compulsary to show valid military ID at the time of purchase to get off.
- The offer is applicable to active military members and retired military/
Another furniture store with military discount is Williams Sonoma. It has sales on furniture items as well as other products like electronics.
- Williams Sonoma offers up to 15% off on total discounts.
- The store also has 10% off on purchase of electronics.
- You can avail the discount in stores only and there is no similar offer being presented online.
- Active and retired military officers as well as their families and first respondents can make use of these discounts.
- You must provide valid military ID at the time of purchase.
If you are looking for a store that offers furniture customization, then Allform furniture is the way to go. The discounts available here are reasonable as well!
- You can get customizable sofas, loveseats, armchairs, and sectionals here.
- Allform furniture offers up to 25% discount on all furniture items.
- You can avail the offer in store and online. However, you must get a new coupon code for each purchase.
- The offer is redeemable by military personnel and Veterans.
- You can visit Allform’s Military Discount page to verify your military status and get the discount coupon code.
Costco has a home furnishing counterpart that goes by the name Kirkland’s. You can find latest and trendy furniture items here on discount.
- Buyers can get up to 10% off on furniture purchases as well as on other items.
- This is applicable to Veterans and military personnel as long as they have Costco membership.
- You can apply this discount on already discounted items for an even lower price.
- Costco members must bring their military ID for verification.
- This identification is compulsary when redeeming the discount at the time of the purchase.
Overstock operates online only. Nonetheless, it is a very famous platform for furniture purchase along with other items like jewelry, accessories, kids products, home goods, etc.
- We have come across certain discounts at Overstock.com although no specific dates or events for the discounts have been made official.
- The sales here are not designated to military personnel but there is a membership scheme for Club O program.
- Members of this club can enjoy certain perks when shopping at Overstock.com.
- These include free shipping and returns, point-activated rewards and much more.
- However, if you verify your military status with Overstock, it would allow you to get Club O membership for free.
Other Options To Avail Military Discounts At Furniture Stores
There are some furniture stores that do not offer military discounts all around the year but you can avail of promotions on special holidays like the Veterans Day. Moreover, these offers are sometimes limited to only the immediate family members of military personnel such as their children, parents, or spouses.
- Most of these holidays fall in the months of October and November so keep these in check if you want to get furniture on easy terms.
Some of the furniture stores with military discount that you can consider in this regards are listed below.
- American Signature: It offers 10% discounts on orders above $999. This is redeemable by anyone who has an immediate family member in military. There is obviously special promotional period for the offer and you must verify your ID to claim personalized code online.
- Value City Furniture: You can get 10% discounts on orders above $999. This is applicable to those in military, retired or their first respondents. Moreover, it is active only during the promotional period. ID verification is compulsary for claiming personalized code online.
- Designer Looks: Another furniture store where you can get 10% off on orders above $999 is Designer Looks. Military personnel, retired or their family members can avail the offer during promotional periods. You must verify your ID to claim the online discount code.
- Kane’s Furniture: This has been around for more than 7 decades now and therefore, has made quite a name in furniture industry. It offers a military discount of 10% on purchases more than $1000 during promotional periods.
You might be interested in reading: Ashley’s Furniture No Credit Check Financing.
List of Furniture Stores Without Military Discounts
You can not avail military discounts on all furniture stores whether you are shopping online or at any of their retail locations. There may be discount offers here from time to time but no dates or events have been specified. Some of the most prominent furniture stores without military discounts are mentioned below.
- Ashley Furniture
- Ethan Allen
- Crate and Barrel
- Joss & Main
- Badcock Home Furniture & More
- Cost Plus World Market
- Rooms To Go
- Restoration Hardware
- Birch Lane
- Big Lots
- Raymour $ Falnigan
Furniture Stores With Military Discount – Eligibility Criteria
Certain furniture stores with military discount make it compulsary to give proof of identification when getting a military discount. On top of that, there may be other terms as well but these largely vary from one store to another. Some of the pointers that may be included under the eligibility criteria include the following.
- The buyer must have an active, reserve or retired status from any of the branch in Armed Services. These include Air Force, Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, or National Guard.
- He or she must be immediate member of the family of someone who has a valid Military ID card. Immediate family members include spouses or dependent children up to 18 years.
- The discounts is also applicable to any military veteran who served in the Services and was discharges with DD214 form or a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).
- Military discounts in the furniture stores are mostly applicable to regularly priced items, clearance, and as-s merchandise.
- Military discounts are NOT applicable to items that have been temporarily marked down.
- You can not apply this discounts on items that were brought prior to promotional period.
- The store reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the discount program at any time.
The Bottom Line
So this is all you need to know about furniture stores with military discount. These stores are widely available and you should be able to bag reasonable sales here. Keep in mind, most of these require identification at the time of purchase.
- You may not be able to get the discounts if you don’t share valid military ID.
There is no credit check requirements and you should qualify for most of the sales. Do you think we have missed out on any good options here? Comment below to let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does IKEA offer military discount on furniture purchases?
IKEA does not have any type of military discounts going on any item. There may be sales and promotional deals from time to time that you can keep a check on instead.
Can I get a military discounts at Ashley Furniture Store?
No. Unfortunately, Ashley does not have a military discount. You can not avail any such offer regardless of whether you are shopping online or in-store.
Is military discounts available on Amazon?
There are some ways in which you can save some dollars when shopping at Amazon.com but military discounts aren’t one of them. There are also no such discounts on Amazon Prime, AWS or other services.
Can I avail military discount on Netflix membership?
No. Netflix does not a military discount offer. You may get a free trial code on Netflix instead. This deal is open to all new users who want to create their account with Netflix for the first time. It will let you avail Netflix services free for a month.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.