Payment methods may differ depending on the restaurant that you are visiting but most places keep a wide variety of options open to make it most convenient for guests. After covering restaurants that take Apple Pay, we are here to talk about restaurants that take checks now!
- There is a long list of restaurants that take checks but most of these do not accept it for online orders or take out.
- Chipotle, Pizza Hut and Domino’s are some of the leading restaurants that take checks.
- Restaurants like KFC, McDonald’s or Subway do not take checks.
…and Much More!
List of Restaurants That Take Checks
Interesting to know that food is one of the most popular online shopping categories and you can purchase it via check at a variety of locations. They will all, however, require identification and keep it on file until the check clears. Here’s the list!
- Chipotle: accepts checks at some locations but personal checks are not accepted for delivery or catering services.
- Pizza Hut: takes checks at some dine-in locations but not allowed for delivery and take-out orders.
- Domino’s: does accept checks but in some places only. Checks for delivery and take out are not allowed.
- Applebee’s: accepts checks depending on rules of specific franchise but none of these take checks for online orders.
- Papa Johns: Papa John’s does not accept checks for online orders. However, only a few franchises in a few places will accept checks on rare occasions.
- Jimmy John’s: allow its customer to pay with checks at most places but not for delivery or take-out orders.
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP): accept checks for dine-in orders at specific locations but doesn’t accept checks for delivery.
- Cracker Barrel: accepts checks for dine-in orders, however, you cannot pay with a check if you want to deliver online.
Certain rules can differ from one branch to another. Therefore, if you want to pay via check at a restaurant, it’s a good idea to contact ahead and ask if they accept checks.
Restaurants That Let You Pay via Checks for Delivery
In restaurants and retailers alike, credit cards, debit cards, and smartphone apps have all become popular methods of payment. Therefore, you might come across options that do not take checks at all or a majority of them that do not accept checks for delivery.
However, some famous companies like Domino’s and Papa John’s may still allow you to pay via check for delivery at special occasions only.
Restaurants That Do Not Accept Checks
The following is a list of restaurants that do not accept checks as payment methods. At these restaurants, you can only pay with cash or a credit card/ debit card.
- Red Robin
- Panera Bread
- Olive Garden
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Outback Steakhouse
- Red Lobster
- Panda Express
- Burger King
- Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Panera Bread
The Bottom Line
Although most restaurants now take cash, debit cards, and other contactless payment methods, some restaurants still accept checks.
- We’ve compiled a list of the best restaurants that accept paychecks as a form of payment, along with their pay regulations.
Not all restaurants accept checks via delivery, so make sure to call ahead and double-check before placing an order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to order pizza with a checking account?
Yes, you certainly can. You can pay for that restaurant meal with a direct debit from your checking account. It only takes a few seconds to pay with your credit or debit card. It also allows you to shop without ever leaving your house.
Is it possible to pay with a check on Grubhub?
Any server with check-working permissions can tap the check to accept it. The order is dispatched to the kitchen once the check has been approved, and Grubhub is notified that the check has been accepted.
Can you shop online with a check?
Because the internet is set up for electronic transactions, paying via paper check will be difficult. You can, however, make some online transactions using the information printed on your check, particularly when it comes to cash cards.