You can transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App if you want to make use of the funds in a more flexible manner. All you need to do is to link a bank account as a bridge.
1. You can transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App by Getting ReliaCard > Activating The Card > Linking a Bank > Sending Funds To Bank account > Transferring funds from Bank to Cash App.
2.ReliaCard comes with $0 Application Fee.
3. Alternatively, beneficiaries can go with direct deposits in form of Online Claim system or Authorization for Electronic Deposit form.
…and Much More!
What Is ReliaCard?
- ReliaCard is specifically reserved for those who are beneficiary of a government benefit program
You can not apply for ReliaCard like other debit or credit card applications. Beneficiaries can either choose to have direct deposit to a US bank account or go with the card option instead.
- Please move to the last section to read more about how direct deposit under government benefit program works.
Conversely, if you have received the ReliaCard then you can use for the purchase of good, services and for other benefits as well.
Mostly, users wish to transfer the funds from ReliaCard to another account, for example Cash App, and that’s what we will cover here.
Steps To Transfer Money From ReliaCard To Cash App
It is not possible to directly transfer funds from ReliaCard to Cash.
Therefore, users must employ a linked bank account to accept funds from ReliaCard and then send those funds to Cash App.
Step 1: Receive a ReliaCard
Once you receive the card, you will be able to see various types of information mentioned alongside it. Some of the important things that you would need to note here are:
- Cardholder agreement and Terms/Conditions for the card.
- The US Bank Privacy Pledge.
- How to activate the ReliaCard.
- The Fee Schedule that shows any associate charge for the card use.
- Detailed description of how and where you make use of this card.
Step 2: Activate Your ReliaCard
You can activate your ReliaCard either by calling their customer support team or visiting ReliaCard official website.
- Call the toll-free number 1-855-279-1270.
- Wait for the respondent to get to you.
- Request for card activation.
- Choose an identification PIN.
Step 3: Transfer Money From ReliaCard To a Linked Bank Account
You can not transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App directly. Therefore, you have to use a linked bank account to accept funds from ReliaCard and then send it to Cash App.
- The process would just take a couple of days if you know how to do it the right way.
Bank transfer can take up to 5 days. Once you get the funds, you can send them to Cash App right away. Here’s how you can send money to bank account easily and quickly.
- Identify a bank account that links to Cash App.
- Initiate ACH money transfer to the bank from your ReliaCard.
- Provide necessary account details such as account number and routing number to complete transaction.
Step 4: Transfer Money From The Bank Account To Cash App
After you have received the funds in your bank account, you can transfer money to Cash App immediately. Similar to the previous step, you need to link the bank to Cash App to initiate the transaction.
- Log in your Cash App account.
- Tap on Banking Tab and choose to Link Bank.
- Provide account number and routing number for the bank account.
- Tap on Add Cash on your Cash App account.
- Click on Add. Enter the amount of money to be accepted from the bank.
- Use Touch ID or PIN to confirm the transaction.
The transfer can take up to 3 days to complete. The actual time greatly depends on the linked bank account.
Methods To Deposit Funds Into ReliaCard
An important thing to notice is that ReliaCard does not come with any account number or routing number which makes the cardholders wonder if it is possible to deposit funds into this card by themselves.
- Only the authorizing company can send funds to your ReliaCard.
This is because the card does not have a routing number or an associated account so you can not withdraw money from the account directly or receive money on it.
Fees Associated With ReliaCard Application
Since ReliaCard is meant for unemployed population, it makes no sense that it should come with any financial burden.
- ReliaCard does not have any application fees neither does it work with any unemployment services to provide benefits to the cardholders.
If you come across any email or text that is providing contradicting information, it is best to get in touch with the agency by calling 877-877-9392.
Moreover, you can report the issue directly at ReliaCard official website.
Benefits of Receiving Payments via ReliaCard
ReliaCard is a sort of relief package for people who haven’t been successful in finding employment yet. Needless to say, it comes with a number of benefits for all cardholders as well as agencies that utilize this service.
- Benefits For Involved Agencies
- No need to spend extra on producing paper checks.
- Saves costs of vouchers and printing discount coupons.
- Maximizes the use of electronic payments.
- Payments are quicker and safer to complete.
- The overall time required for the process is lesser than that for direct deposit.
- Cardholder Benefits
- Eliminate the need for cash transfers and deposit a check.
- Allows in-store purchases, ATM withdrawals, bank account transfers.
- $0 liability for the card with excellent customer care.
- Transaction alerts, data encryption for security.
- FDIC-insured funds and also expenditure tracking for safety.
- Other Benefits For Consideration
- Unemployment insurance.
- Temporary assistance programs for families in need.
- Child support and care.
- Health and human services.
- Personal income tax returns.
How Safe Is To Use ReliaCard Account?
There is no need to worry about the security of your funds in the ReliaCard as it is protected by various means. The company ensures that there is no illegal transaction and your money is safe at all times.
- 4-Digit PIN For Security
ReliaCard money transfer and funds are protected with a 4-digit PIN that you need to choose at the time of card approval. Only you should know this secret password for maximum security.
- Data Encryption
Online activities that you carry out on your ReliaCard account are encrypted.
This means no one can access or intercept your actions with the server. This is a great way to protect users against online hackers and make the internet more safe to use.
- FDIC-Insured Funds In Your Account
ReliaCard comes with FDIC insurance. This means even if the company collapses you would have the right to the insured money at no additional cost.
Alternative To ReliaCard: Direct Deposits
Beneficiaries can also opt for direct deposits instead of ReliaCard. This works by two different methods:
- Online Claim system that allow for electronic, periodic deposit to the linked checking or savings accounts.
- Authorization for Electronic Deposit form to receive payments in form of check from the unemployment agency.
The second method can take up to 2 weeks, therefore, most users choose to go with the first option.
The Bottom Line
ReliaCard is a commendable Visa debit card that ensures unemployed people can receive the benefits easily.
Being a cardholder automatically makes you eligible for all its features and perks.
Consequently, you can use the cards to deposit funds into your Cash app account but this requires you to send funds with an indirect methods that we have discussed in detail above.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer of Money From ReliaCard To Cash App
Can I transfer funds from ReliaCard?
Yes. You can send funds to a linked bank account by clicking on Transfer Funds and providing the necessary account information. Nonetheless, it is not possible to make direct transfer to apps and online accounts.
Is it possible to link the unemployment card to Cash App directly?
You can make indirect transfer to Cash App. However, it is not possible to link the two accounts together directly.
Can you withdraw money from ReliaCard?
ReliaCard allows you to take out cash at ATM location, banks, and credit unions. Moreover, you can request for cash at a number of participating merchants.
Is there a fee to send money from ReliaCard to Cash App?
There is no fee to make the money transfer. However, some additional charges may apply depending on the bank account being used as the bridge. Therefore, it is important to get in touch with customer support team and discuss any possible fees.
I got a ReliaCard in my mailbox. Why?
ReliaCard is sent out to those eligible for unemployment benefits. Moreover, it is funded by the State unemployment agency and carries a number of benefits.