You can transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App if you want to make use of the funds in a more flexible manner. All you need to do is to link a bank account as a bridge.
1. You can transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App by Getting ReliaCard > Activating The Card > Linking a Bank > Sending Funds To Bank account > Transferring funds from Bank to Cash App.
2.ReliaCard comes with $0 Application Fee.
3. Alternatively, beneficiaries can go with direct deposits in form of Online Claim system or Authorization for Electronic Deposit form.
…and Much More!
How To Transfer Money From ReliaCard To Cash App
It is impossible to transfer funds from ReliaCard to Cash App directly, so you have to recall how prepaid card to Cash App transfer works and apply the same method here!
Therefore, users must employ a linked bank account to accept funds from ReliaCard and then send those funds to the Cash App.
Step 1: Receive a ReliaCard
Once you receive the card, you can see various types of information mentioned alongside it. Some of the essential things that you would need to note here are:
- Cardholder Agreement and Terms/Conditions for the card.
- The US Bank Privacy Pledge.
- How to activate the ReliaCard.
- The Fee Schedule shows any associate charge for the card use.
- Detailed description of how and where you make use of this card.
Step 2: Activate Your ReliaCard
You can activate your ReliaCard by calling their customer support team or visiting ReliaCard’s official website.
- Call the toll-free number 1-855-279-1270.
- Wait for the respondent to get to you.
- Request for card activation.
- Choose an identification PIN.
Step 3: Transfer Money From ReliaCard To a Linked Bank Account
You can not transfer money from ReliaCard to Cash App directly. Therefore, you have to use a linked bank account to accept funds from ReliaCard and then send it to Cash App.
- The process will take a few days if you know how to do it correctly.
It can take a long to transfer money from ReliaCard to a bank account (approximately 5 days). Once you get the funds, you can send them to Cash App right away. Here’s how to send money to a bank account easily and quickly.
- Identify a bank account that links to Cash App.
- Initiate an ACH money transfer to the bank from your ReliaCard.
- Provide necessary account details such as account number and routing number to complete the transaction.
Step 4: Transfer Money From The Bank Account To Cash App
After you have received the funds in your bank account, you can transfer money to Cash App immediately. Like the previous step, you must link the bank to the Cash App to initiate the transaction.
- Log in to your Cash App account.
- Tap on the Banking Tab and choose Link Bank.
- Provide the account number and routing number for the bank account.
- Tap on Add Cash on your Cash App account.
- Click on Add. Enter the amount of money to be accepted from the bank.
- Use Touch ID or PIN to confirm the transaction.
The transfer can take up to 3 days to complete. The actual time greatly depends on the linked bank account. This will complete your US Bank ReliaCard Cash App transfer.
What Is ReliaCard?
- ReliaCard is specifically reserved for those who are beneficiaries of a government benefit program
You can not apply for ReliaCard like other debit or credit card applications. Beneficiaries can either choose to have direct deposit to a US bank account or go with the card option instead.
- Please move to the last section to learn how direct deposit under the government benefit program works.
Conversely, if you have received the ReliaCard, then you can use it for the purchase of good services and other benefits as well.
Mostly, users wish to transfer the funds from ReliaCard to another account, for example Cash App, and that’s what we will cover here.
Steps to Activate ReliaCard
Before you can use the ReliaCard login, you must activate your card. You can do so by calling the customer support center at 1-855-279-1270 and requesting the team to activate the card.
The representative will ask you to share the identification PIN for the activation process.
Alternatively, you can activate the card online as well. Visit ReliaCard’s official website and follow the on-screen instructions.
You might be interested in reading: How To Activate Cash App Card.
Methods To Deposit Funds Into ReliaCard
ReliaCard does not come with any account number or routing number, which makes the cardholders wonder if it is possible to deposit funds into this card by themselves.
- Only the authorizing company can send funds to your ReliaCard.
This is because the card does not have a routing number or an associated account, so you can not withdraw money from the account directly or receive money on it.
Fees Associated With ReliaCard Application
Since ReliaCard is meant for the unemployed, it makes no sense that it should come with any financial burden.
- ReliaCard does not have any application fees, nor does it work with any unemployment services to provide benefits to the cardholders.
If you come across any email or text that is providing contradicting information, it is best to get in touch with the agency by calling 877-877-9392.
Moreover, you can report the issue directly at ReliaCard’s official website.
Benefits of Receiving Payments via ReliaCard
ReliaCard is a relief package for people who haven’t yet found employment. It comes with several benefits for all cardholders and agencies that utilize this service.
- Benefits For Involved Agencies
- There is no need to spend extra on producing paper checks.
- Saves costs of vouchers and printing discount coupons.
- Maximizes the use of electronic payments.
- Payments are quicker and safer to complete.
- The overall time required for the process is less than that for direct deposit.
- Cardholder Benefits
- Eliminate the need for cash transfers and deposit a check.
- Allows in-store purchases, ATM withdrawals, and bank account transfers.
- $0 liability for the card with excellent customer care.
- Transaction alerts data encryption for security.
- FDIC-insured funds and also expenditure tracking for safety.
- Other Benefits For Consideration
- Unemployment insurance.
- Temporary assistance programs for families in need.
- Child support and care.
- Health and human services.
- Personal income tax returns.
How Safe Is To Use ReliaCard Account?
There is no need to worry about the security of your funds in the ReliaCard, as it is protected by various means. The company ensures that there is no illegal transaction and your money is always safe.
- 4-Digit PIN For Security
ReliaCard money transfers and funds are protected with a 4-digit PIN you must choose at the time of card approval. Only you should know this secret password for maximum security.
- Data Encryption
Online activities that you carry out on your ReliaCard account are encrypted.
This means no one can access or intercept your actions with the server. This is a great way to protect users against online hackers and make the internet safer.
- FDIC-Insured Funds In Your Account
ReliaCard comes with FDIC insurance. This means even if the company collapses, you would have the right to the insured money at no additional cost.
Alternative To ReliaCard: Direct Deposits
Beneficiaries can also opt for direct deposits instead of ReliaCard. This works by two different methods:
- Online Claim system that allows for electronic, periodic deposit to the linked checking or savings accounts.
- Authorization for Electronic Deposit form to receive payments via a check from the unemployment agency.
The second method can take up to 2 weeks. Therefore, most users choose to go with the first option.
The Bottom Line
ReliaCard is a commendable Visa debit card that ensures unemployed people can receive the benefits quickly.
Being a cardholder automatically makes you eligible for all its features and perks.
Consequently, you can use the cards to deposit funds into your Cash app account, but this requires you to send funds with indirect methods discussed in detail above.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer of Money From ReliaCard To Cash App
Can I transfer funds from ReliaCard?
Yes. You can send funds to a linked bank account by clicking on Transfer Funds and providing the necessary account information. Nonetheless, it is not possible to make direct transfers to apps and online versions.
Can the unemployment card be linked to Cash App directly?
You can make the indirect transfer to Cash App. However, it is not possible to connect the two accounts directly.
Can you withdraw money from ReliaCard?
ReliaCard allows you to take cash at ATM locations, banks, and credit unions. Moreover, you can request some money from several participating merchants.
Is there a fee to send money from ReliaCard to Cash App?
There is no fee to make the money transfer. However, some additional charges may apply depending on the bank account being used as the bridge. Therefore, it is essential to contact the customer support team and discuss any possible fees.
I got a ReliaCard in my mailbox. Why?
ReliaCard is sent out to those eligible for unemployment benefits. Moreover, it is funded by the State unemployment agency and carries several advantages.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.