Beneficiaries receive an EDD debit card from Bank of America (BofA), which they can use to obtain rewards. To draw funds from the card, people often ask to transfer money from an EDD card to a bank account.
- You can transfer money from EDD card to bank account directly, using ATM, or mobile app.
- You can also use BOA domestic emergency cash transfer service to take out money without the debit card.
- To apply for the EDD card you have to Download BOA mobile app > Create account online > Activate new card > Wait for 7-10 business days.
…and Much More!
Can You Transfer Money From The EDD Card To The Bank Account?
Funds from your EDD card can be sent directly to your bank account. It doesn’t matter if it’s a personal or a checking account; the funds will be transferred without issue. You can also transfer money from your EDD card to the bank using the mobile app or an ATM.
- Contact Bank of America (the card issuer) at 1-866-692-9374 after obtaining your EDD debit card (voice) for assistance.
- A debit card issued in your name.
- An active email address.
- The bank account
- Routing code for the version to which the funds will be transferred.
Then, transfer funds to your bank account online once Bank of America has completed the direct deposit process. Once your bank account balances are displayed, you can send money to other account holders.
You might be interested in reading: Transfer Money From Bank of America to Chase.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From EDD Card to Bank Account?
You may need 3 to 5 business days for the funds to appear in your account. If there are any issues with the verification, you can expect the transaction to take up to 10 days.
Can You Take Out Money From EDD Debit Card?
Because the EDD card functions similarly to a debit card you will get on the spot from a bank, you can withdraw funds in various ways. The first option is to set up a direct deposit to a bank account. Customers can withdraw the money over the counter once the funds have arrived in their bank account.
- You can also withdraw money from any bank that accepts Visa cards.
You must go to any bank and withdraw funds from the counter. Any time you pay out over the counter, you may follow your transactions from your online account.
Ways To Get Cash Out Without EDD Debit Card
You can use Bank of America’s domestic emergency cash transfer service if you need money immediately and don’t have access to a debit card.
You should contact BOA customer support at 1-866-692-9374 (voice) or 1-866-656-5913 (toll-free) (TTY). Call 423-262-1650 to collect money if you are outside the country.
You might be interested in reading: How to Transfer Money From Greendot Card To Bank Account.
What Is An EDD Card And What Is It Used For?
Employment Development Department (EDD) is a division of the California state government. The department assists jobless people, company owners, and employees with several services.
- The program only aims to provide workers and their families with reliable financial support.
BOA distributes the EDD card to customers who meet the eligibility requirements. The bank sends you an email every time money is placed into your EDD card, informing you of your newfound wealth.
You may receive notification that your cash has arrived in a few days. Paying for goods and services can be done in a store or online. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can withdraw.
Advantages of Bank of America EDD Debit Card
- You will quickly get the funds deposited directly into your EDD debit card from your government account.
- You can use the card to withdraw money, pay in stores, and earn cashback with purchases.
- The EDD debit card works everywhere a VISA card is accepted.
- EDD cards can be used to send money to bank accounts for free.
- The Zero Liability Policy covers the card, which means your funds will be protected if the card is stolen.
- You will be automatically notified when money is deposited into the card or when the remaining balance reaches a set minimum value.
EDD Card Qualification Criteria
You can check whether you qualify for the card by visiting Employment Development Department’s website.
You must have the following details when you register.
- Previous employer details include firm name, supervisor name, address, work experience, etc.
- Number of hours worked each week, gross wages, hourly pay, and the reason for your departure from your previous workplace.
- Former federal employees will need a Notice to Federal Employees about Unemployment Insurance.
- Copy of your DD 214 Member for military ex-military candidates
- Documents of identification to verify your identification at UI Online, take a selfie photo and upload an image of your identity document.
In case of any issue, you can file a claim with the UI online on the following days, Days of the Week at the Available Time.
- Sunday 5 am – 8:30 pm
- Monday 4 am – 10 pm
- Tuesday to Friday – 2 am – 10 pm
- Saturday 2 am – 8 pm
How To Apply For EDD Debit Card Online
Create an online account for your EDD card after downloading the BofA Prepaid Mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
To activate a new card online, go to the Bank of America debit card website and click the Activate My Card button.
After the EDD issues your first benefit payment, Bank of America will mail you a card. It may take 7 to 10 business days for your card to arrive in the mail.
Would It Take Long For The Card To Reach You?
Bank of America mails the card to you during the first week of your benefit payments once you’ve certified for the benefits. It could take 5 to 10 business days for the card to arrive at the address you provided during the application process.
Following that, as soon as EDD payments are received, they will appear in your card account.
- Beneficiaries of the California Unemployment and Disability Benefits debit card will receive a debit card, a payment notification (DE 2500E), and a message.
Your debit card usually comes with the following;
- Card specific information
- Activation instructions
- Customer service and pricing schedule information
- Card Deposit Agreement
EDD Card – Fees And Expiry
The majority of card-based services are free. However, there are a few transactions where you must pay a cost. Some activities wouldn’t charge a penny with an EDD card.
- Purchases made at drugstores, grocery stores, and U.S. post office locations earn you cash back.
- Withdrawals from BofA ATMs in the United States
- Any bank that accepts Visa cards offers unlimited teller access.
- You get two free withdrawals at non-Bank of America ATMs for each benefit deposit.
- Transfers from direct deposit.
- At ATMs or online, you can check your balance at any time.
- Customer service queries are unlimited, both live and automated.
- Replacement domestic card
Although the EDD Debit Card does not charge fees for some transactions, the following may incur fees:
- After the two free transactions per deposit, ATM withdrawals at non-BofA ATMs.
- Withdrawals from ATMs that aren’t affiliated with Bank of America
- Domestic Cash Transfer in an Emergency.
- Withdrawals from ATMs around the world.
The debit card has a 3-year validity period from the date of issuance. You should keep it until it expires, at which point you should dispose of it. If your current card is close to expiry, BofA will immediately issue a replacement.
Is The EDD Debit Card Safe to Use?
They are more easily targeted because EDD debit cards lack security chips or magnetic strips.
According to police, that would cost roughly $25 for each card; thus, issuing cards without the added security was probably a cost-cutting tactic.
Bank of America will manage the cards. Although the bank denied to comment on the new thefts, some victims stated they worked with EDD to get paid.
The Bottom Line
The Employment Development Department’s EDD card functions similarly to a regular debit card. With the EDD card, you can use Bank of America to send funds to your account.
Because Bank of America opted to support this trend, the debit card has evolved into one of the most common debit cards used by various people daily. It’s a Visa card that may be used to make online purchases, open an online account, and send money.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer of Money from EDD card to Bank Account
Can you deposit money into an EDD card at an ATM?
No, it is not possible to deposit funds into an EDD card. You can only make withdrawals, make payments, or set up automatic transfers using the EDD debit card.
What is the procedure for Bank of America EDD fund transfer?
When you set up a direct transfer, you can electronically move money from your card to your bank account. Call Bank of America (the card issuer) at 1-866-692-9374 once you’ve received your EDD debit card (voice)
What is the procedure for transferring funds from an unemployment card to a bank account?
The first option is to use your PIN to withdraw money from an ATM. The second option is to take your card to a bank and request that the teller transfer money from your card to your bank account or hand it over to you.
Can you connect your EDD card to your cash app?
Prepaid cards aren’t accepted on Cash App; instead, use a bank account or an accepted card. You can’t use a prepaid card to add money to your Cash App account right now. Cash App works with linked bank accounts and Visa, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard credit and debit cards.
How do I check my Bank of America EDD card?
You can download the BOA app from the app store and keep a check on your card payments and balance information that is updated daily. You can also contact the bank by calling their toll-free number.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.