Beneficiaries receive an EDD debit card from Bank of America (BofA), which they can use to obtain their rewards. To draw funds from the card, people often question can you transfer money from EDD card to bank account?
- You can transfer money from EDD card to bank account directly, using ATM, or mobile app.
- You can also use BOA domestic emergency cash transfer service to take out money without the debit card.
- To apply for the EDD card you have to Download BOA mobile app > Create account online > Activate new card > Wait for 7-10 business days.
…and Much More!
Can You Transfer Money From The EDD Card To The Bank Account?
Funds from your EDD card can be sent directly to your bank account. It doesn’t matter if it’s a personal or a checking account; the funds will be transferred without issue. You can also transfer money from your EDD card to the bank using mobile app or an ATM.
- Contact Bank of America (the card issuer) at 1-866-692-9374 after obtaining your EDD debit card (voice) for assistance.
- A debit card issued in your name.
- An active email address.
- The bank account
- Routing code for the account to which the funds will be transferred.
You can then transfer funds to your bank account online once Bank of America has completed the direct deposit process. Once the balance in your bank account displays, you can send money to other account holders.
You might be interested in reading: How to Transfer Money from Payroll Card To Bank Account?
Can You Take Out Money From EDD Debit Card?
Because the EDD card functions similarly to a debit card, you can withdraw funds in a variety of ways. The first option is to set up a direct deposit to a bank account. Customers can withdraw the money over the counter once the funds have arrived in your bank account.
- You can also withdraw money from any bank that accepts Visa cards.
You must go to any bank and withdraw funds from the counter. Any time you pay out over the counter, you may follow your transactions from your online account.
Ways To Get Cash Out Without EDD Debit Card
If you need money right away and don’t have access to a debit card, you can use Bank of America’s domestic emergency cash transfer service.
You should contact BOA customer support at 1-866-692-9374 (voice) or 1-866-656-5913 (toll-free) (TTY). You can call 423-262-1650 to collect money if you are outside the country.
What Is An EDD Card And What Is It Used For?
Employment Development Department (EDD) is a division of the California state government. The department assists jobless people, company owners, and employees with several services.
- The program’s only purpose is to provide workers and their families with reliable financial support.
The EDD card is distributed by BOA to customers who meet the eligibility requirements. The bank sends you an email every time money is placed into your EDD card, informing you of your newfound wealth.
You may receive notification that your cash has arrived in a few days. Paying for goods and services can be done in a store or online. There are no restrictions on the amount of money you can withdraw.
EDD Card Qualification Criteria
You can check whether you qualify for the card by visiting Employment Development Department’s website.
You must have the following details when you register.
- Previous employer details such as firm name, supervisor name, address, work experience, etc.
- Number of hours worked each week, gross wages, hourly pay, and the reason for your departure from previous work place.
- Former federal employee will need Notice to Federal Employees about Unemployment Insurance.
- Copy of your DD 214 Member for military ex-military candidates
- Documents of identification to verify your identification at UI Online, take a selfie photo and upload an image of your identity document.
In case of any issue, you can file a claim with the UI online on the following days Days of the Week at the Available Time
- Sunday 5 am – 8:30 pm
- Monday 4 am – 10 pm
- Tuesday to Friday – 2 am – 10 pm
- Saturday 2 am – 8 pm
How To Apply For EDD Debit Card Online
Create an online account for your EDD card after downloading the BofA Prepaid Mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
To activate a new card online, go to the Bank of America debit card website and click the Activate My Card button.
After the EDD issues your first benefit payment, Bank of America will mail you a card. It may take 7 to 10 business days for your card to arrive in the mail.
Would It Take Long For The Card To Reach You?
Bank of America mails the card to you during the first week of your benefit payments once you’ve certified for the benefits. It could take up to 5 to 10 business days for the card to arrive at the address you provided during the application process.
Following that, as soon as EDD payments are received, they will appear in your card account.
- Beneficiaries of the California Unemployment and Disability Benefits debit card will receive a debit card, a payment notification (DE 2500E), and a message.
Your debit card usually comes with;
- Card specific information
- Activation instructions
- Customer service and pricing schedule information
- Card Deposit Agreement
EDD Card – Fees And Expiry
The majority of card-based services are free. There are a few transactions, though, where you will have to pay a cost. Following are some of the activities that wouldn’t charge a penny with EDD card.
- Purchases made at drugstores, grocery stores, and U.S. post office locations earn you cash-back.
- Withdrawals from BofA ATMs in the United States
- Any bank that accepts Visa cards offers unlimited teller access.
- At non-Bank of America ATMs, you get two free withdrawals for each benefit deposit.
- Transfers from direct deposit.
- At ATMs or online, you can check your balance at any time.
- Customer service queries are unlimited, both live and automated.
- Replacement domestic card
Although the EDD Debit Card does not charge fees for some transactions, the following may incur fees:
- After the two free transactions per deposit, ATM withdrawals at non-BofA ATMs.
- Withdrawals from ATMs that aren’t affiliated with Bank of America
- Domestic Cash Transfer in an Emergency.
- Withdrawals from ATMs around the world.
The debit card has a 3-year validity period from the date of issuance. You should keep it until it expires, at which point you should dispose of it. If your current card is close to expiry, BofA will immediately issue a replacement.
Is The EDD Debit Card Safe to Use?
Because EDD debit cards lack security chips or magnetic strips, they are more easily targeted.
According to police, that would cost roughly $25 for each card, thus issuing cards without the added security was probably a cost-cutting tactic.
The cards will be managed by Bank of America. Although the bank denied to comment on the new thefts, some victims stated they worked with EDD to get paid.
The Bottom Line
The Employment Development Department’s EDD card, functions similarly to a regular debit card. With the EDD card, you can use Bank of America to send funds to your account.
Because Bank of America opted to support this trend, the debit card has evolved into one of the most common debit cards used by a variety of people daily. It’s a Visa card that may be used to make online purchases, open an online account, and send money.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer of Money from EDD card to Bank Account
What is the procedure for transferring funds from EDD to my bank account?
When you set up a direct transfer, you’ll be able to move money from your card to your bank account electronically. Call Bank of America (the card issuer) at 1-866-692-9374 once you’ve received your EDD debit card (voice)
What is the procedure for transferring funds from an unemployment card to a bank account?
The first option is to use your PIN to withdraw money from an ATM. The second option is to take your card to a bank and request that the teller either transfer money from your card to your bank account or hand it over to you.
Is it possible to connect your EDD card to your cash app?
Prepaid cards aren’t accepted on Cash App; instead, use a bank account or an accepted card. To add money to your Cash App account, you can’t use a prepaid card right now. Cash App works with linked bank accounts and Visa, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard credit and debit cards.