Greendot prepaid cards are no less than a blessing with their outstanding features like online bill payment, quick money transfers, and much more. However, to make the best use of these you need to know how to transfer money from Greendot card to bank account and how to proceed with other type of fund exchanges via prepaid card.
- You can easily send money from a Greendot card to bank account using its routing number and bank account number.
- Greendot prepaid card also supports money transfers to PayPal, Cash App, and other Greendot accounts.
- Greendot card offers various advantages including mobile app, online direct deposit and monthly fee waiver on easy terms.
…and Much More!
How To Transfer Money From Greendot Card To Bank Account?
To transfer money from Greendot card to bank account you must be aware of its routing number and your account number that can help you send money.
- Open your card account.
- Click on Add Money.
- Scroll down to find Account number and Routing number.
You can easily use it to transfer money to your friends and relatives without incurring any charges. it simple, easy, and straightforward.
Another approach is to link you card to a bank account and then use that account to make transfers. This may sound complicated but it really isn’t. The verification process will require you to make small transfers to ensure that the card and the account are, in fact, set up.
After that you can transfer the cash of your choice to your prepaid card. Following pointers sum of the transfer process.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Choose the account you want to send it to.
- Choose the card you have to use.
Transferring Money With Greendot Cards
Greendot Prepaid card can serve as a ready-to-use source of money that you can refill online and use it to transfer funds to other accounts as well. Below we will talk about some of the money transfers associated with the card and how you can perform them.
Transfer Money From Green Dot To PayPal
You can quickly transfer money from Greendot to Paypal account as well as other bank accounts as per your need. The send money feature is easily accessible and you can avail of it any time you need.
All you need is a personalized Greendot card in order to complete this exchange. Moreover, carefully enter the recipient’s information so you don’t end up sending it to the wrong person.
MoneyPak also allows you to link Greendot and PayPal account. This is quite helpful when you have to make purchases at eBay, Walmart, or Amazon.
Note! Greendot card allows up to $1100 per load. This amount can vary from one retailer to another.
When you wish to transfer funds to account of several different accounts, you will be asked to provide routing number.
Transfer Money From Greendot To Cash App
This one’s easy! Here are the steps you should follow to move funds from your Greendot account to Cash App.
- Create Cash App on your smartphone. The procedure is same for Android and iPhone.
- Click on Building’s icon.
- Tap on My Cash.
- Locate Cash and Bitcoin section then press + Add Bank under this section.
- Choose whether you wish to add debit card or credit card.
- Enter your card’s information on the next window that opens.
- Press Add Card. You card will be linked to Cash App immediately.
Transfer Money To Greendot Card Using a Credit Card
A Greendot debit card can be obtained much like a credit card. It is affiliated with VISA and MasterCard. Furthermore, this is one of the easiest card to be approved for and it helps you improve your credit score quickly.
Since this is a debit card, you would need to transfer funds to it in order to use them later on. Only with adequate funds can you use the card to make purchases. You can load money to your card in two different ways.
- Visit Nearby Register
Reloading Greendot card at the Register is one of the most convenient method to get this done. Retail locations where reload is possible are present at various spots and we are sure you can find one closest to you. Just make sure that you have your card with you at the time of the reload and inform the cashier the amount you wish to deposit.
- Use MoneyPak
Unfortunately, the only website of Greendot does not have card reload feature yet. Although we are hopeful the improvement will be made soon, there is another way to deposit funds to your card online i.e. MoneyPak.com. Since MoneyPak is available to all, it can be used by students and teenagers to transfer funds as well.
Transfer Money Off Greendot Card At Walmart
You can make immediate purchase with your card at Walmart. The cashing service will transfer the pay roll or the check to your account so you don’t need to worry about carrying cash with you.
Cashing fee, limits, reload fee, and card balance limits are applicable. Also keep in mind that these services are not available in all stores and states.
Accept Money On Greendot Card From Someone’s Account
You can receive funds on your Greendot card from another account. The process is similar to how you transfer funds from the card. The steps include:
- Log in your Greendot card account.
- Navigate to Pay Bills and People.
- Select Pay People.
- Type in the required information of the recipient. You would be asked to provide name, email ID, contact information, etc.
- Lastly, choose the amount you wish to send.
- Click on Continue.
- Review data and press Send Money.
Send Money From Greendot Card To Someone’s Account
At some point you might need to share the money you have in your card with a friend or a relative. You can easily do that as long as you are a legal resident in the US and have a valid email ID or mobile number.
- Open your Greendot card account.
- Navigate to Pay Bills and People.
- Choose Pay People option.
- Provide recipient’s information including name, email ID, mobile number, etc.
- Choose the amount you wish to send.
- Click Continue.
- Review the information one more time and then tap Send Money.
How To Get Your Green Dot Prepaid Card Right Now
Are you ready to become Greendot prepaid cardholder? You can get yourself registered at the closest retail store. We will walk you through the procedure in easy words but before that you must check if you fulfil the eligibility criteria. This includes:
- You must be a legal resident in the US.
- You must have valid social security number.
- All applicants are required to be of age 18 years or more.
Now here is what you need to do in order to apply:
- Visit the official Greendot website.
- Click on Other Products.
- Click on Prepaid cards.
- Choose the card you want to apply for and click on Learn More to become aware of terms and conditions.
- Move forward by providing personal information such as full name, residential address, contact number, date of birth, social security number, etc.
You might have to visit the nearest store to obtain your prepaid card.
Greendot Prepaid Card Features – Highlights
You can start using the card as soon as you receive it. Some of the benefits you get to enjoy immediately are listed below.
- Monthly fee waiver on deposit of $1000 every month.
- Access to impeccable mobile app.
- Direct deposit via online account.
- Extremely supportive customer service.
Basics of How Greendot Cards Work
Greendot prepaid cards let you accept government deposits, make transfers, or receive paychecks. You can also use the online card account to deposit checks safely.
Since this is a prepaid card, you need to load money on to it. Once you have sufficient funds, you can use it just like debit cards. It works at all locations nationwide where VISA card is applicable.
Did You Know? There are few locations that allows free cash withdrawal from the account when you check out. This includes 7-Eleven and Kroger.
You can withdraw $500 from the card in a day. However, this amount might change depending on the prepaid card that you are using. For example, you can withdraw $500 with Walmart Money Card at the ATM. On the other hand, Walmart register lets you take out $1000 per day.
Greendot Prepaid Card – Pros vs Cons
- You can transfer money to which ever account you want as long as it exists within the US.
- All you need is the recipients information such as email ID and mobile number.
- The transfer is quick and the money is made accessible right away.
- It is easy to keep this card up and running as you can make deposits to it through any other bank account. Other parties such as your friends and families can send you money as well.
- Greendot does not charge for this service but fees may apply depending on the bank you are using to make the transfer.
- You can avoid monthly charges by simply by depositing at least $1,000 every month.
- You are allowed to make an overdraft via prepaid card without any fee. However, we suggest you are careful with any such move because you will be charged if the balance falls below $0.
- The credit card application does not require you to present a decent credit report or even a credit history.
- It is specifically meant for people who could not afford a credit card due to poor score. You can quickly get accepted for this card and then make use of its features right away.
- Greendot lets you avail cash checks for free. You can make a direct or online deposit via the app and choose to subscribe to alert services that keep you informed about account activity.
- Its VIP program is open to all (of course, with some extra charges!). You will be waived off ATM fee and withdrawal charges by joining VIP member list.
- Since Green dot does not own an ATM network of its own, it charges an addition fee when using another bank for this action.
- Users have to deposit funds to the prepaid card in order to use it. If the existing balance falls below $0, the company will charge additional fee. This would be deducted when you again top-up your account.
- This may come as a surprise but Greendot charged a lot for paper check. A dozen will cost around $5.95 which is considerably higher compared to other similar services. Moreover, you need to get them approved via mobile app before use.
The Bottom Line
Online banking has made it easier to move funds from one account to another. However, in order to do that correctly and securely, you must have the right knowledge of how it works. Hopefully, this article could teach you a thing or two about how to transfer money from Greendot card to bank account.
It is easy to see why so many customers currently own a Greendot card: there is not credit history requirement yet it is a perfect choice to rebuild credit score. Consequently, it can help you manage your finances in simple and straightforward manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do I pay when I load on Green Dot card?
You have to pay at least $1.95 as a general fee with this card. On top of that, $7.95 service fee implies. This can be waived off if you choose to deposit at least $1000 every month.
Can I increase the amount that is possible to withdraw from Greendot card?
Yes. It is possible to increase the amount you can withdraw at the ATM by calling (866) 795-7597 customer support team.
How to add another card to Green Dot Account?
Luckily Enjoy the amazing option to another card linked with Green Dot account, you need to call this number (866) 291-0818. You will be asked the identification and complete details like social security number, phone number and card holder’s relation with you to link the card.
Can I send money from my Greendot card to Cash app?
Yes you can easily do this by tapping on My Cash in Cash App and clicking + Add Bank. Then provide your card information and select Add Card. Once the two accounts are linked, you can continue to transfer money to Cash App.
Can I send money from prepaid card to bank account?
You can easily transfer funds from prepaid card to bank account online. This would require you to provide prepaid card and bank account information such as the routing and the account number. Moreover, it is possible that the prepaid card you are using does not support direct transfers to a bank. In this case, you would need to take help from third-party transfer services like MoneyGram.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.