You may want to reschedule or cancel your U-Haul reservation for a number of reasons , but if you are not sure what Uhaul cancellation policy is, you may be taken by a surprise. Let’s dig in and find out how much it can cost you and how you can get it done.
- allows you to cancel a reservation within 24 hours without any additional charges.
- Cancellation on a short notice will cost you $50 as penalty fee.
- In order to cancel a booking with Uhaul, you have to Open account > My orders > Suitable rental > Cancel reservation.
…and Much More!
Uhaul Cancellation Policy – Everything You Need To Know
Uhaul allows you to cancel your reservation. You can do so by cancelling your moving truck or trailer rental online or by phone. Just let your truck rental business know the day before your move, or they’ll charge you a reservation cancellation fee.
- Uhaul requests a 24-hour notice; if you cancel within this time frame, you will not be charged a cancellation fee. You will also receive the refund.
You will be charges $50 if you cancel on a very short notice.
Cancel a Booking With Uhaul – Step By Step Guide
You can change or cancel your Uhaul reservation by logging onto your Uhaul account, calling your local Uhaul representative, or stopping by your pick-up location. You can cancel your reservation by following the steps.
- Go to your Uhaul account and sign in.
- All of your pending reservations are listed in the My Orders box on your dashboard.
- Select the suitable rental by clicking on it.
- Select Cancel Reservation.
You can also modify or cancel your reservation by visiting https://www.uhaul.com/Orders/, Or by contacting Uhaul’s customer support department at (800) 468-4285.
- Another option is to use the Uhaul Live chat option on the Uhaul website.
Within 5 business days of cancellation, your cash should be available. Upon cancellation, Uhaul process all refunds right away.
Uhaul Fees For Cancellation
If you don’t need the truck you’ve hired, let your truck rental business know the day before your move, or they’ll charge you a reservation cancellation fee.
- You will be charges if you do not cancel within 24-hours period. Uhaul may charge costs at the option of your pickup site.
You will be charges $50 if you cancel on a very short notice. The company will usually call you the day before your reservation to confirm it.
Uhaul May Also Cancel Your Reservation Itself
When you reserve a truck or trailer, Uhaul ensures that you will receive the equipment size, location, and pick-up time that you requested.
However, in some situations, Uhaul reserves the right to cancel your reservation due to logistical reasons such as unavailability of trucks, lack of inventory, or simply because the vehicle you requested is not available.
- If Uhaul fails to fulfil the time, place, or equipment size due to its fault, a $50 “Reservation Guarantee” will be paid, and Uhaul will still try to fill the reservation.
The Bottom Line
Uhaul is a moving equipment and storage rental firm based in the United States that rents trucks, trailers, vehicle transporters, and other items.
- Uhaul has a 24-hour cancellation policy for its customers.
If you need to cancel your truck booking, simply notify Uhaul online or by phone 24 hours in advance. However, if you have any problems with the company, they would reimburse your loss with a $50 reservation fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cancellation policy for U-Haul?
You can change or cancel your Uhaul reservation by logging onto your Uhaul account, calling your local Uhaul representative, or stopping by your pick-up location. It is best to contact a representative at least 24 hours ahead of time to prevent any penalties.
Does Uhaul charge cancellation fee?
No, there’s no cancellation fee, if customers didn’t cancel the reservation, and an acceptable replacement is not available.
If Uhaul cancelled the offer due to some logistic reason, Uhaul will pay a $50 “Reservation Guarantee” fee, the reservation will be cancelled.
Will Uhaul give my money back?
If you decide to ship back the order because of certain issues, the company will refund your money but the shipping costs will not be included. The shipping charges are included only if the item was sent to you in a damaged condition.
Can I dispute Uhaul charges?
You can get in touch with their customer representative and try to sort out the issue. Moreover, you can also visit a location nearby and see if you can get any help. There is no other way to dispute their charges.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.