The number of people who are actively using Venmo for purchases have considerably increased over the years. If somebody you don’t want to view your account history has landed on Venmo, it makes sense you would want to block them and also understand what happens when you block someone on Venmo.
- Blocking someone on Venmo means they will not be able to see your profile information, future transactions, etc.
- You can block other Venmo users by Open account > Search bar > Name of the person > Tap three dots > Blocks > Confirm.
- Alternatively, you can also choose to hide your transactions on Venmo by Open account > Settings > Privacy > Past transactions > Private.
…and Much More!
What Happens When You Block Someone On Venmo?
Venmo allows you to block other users. As a result, both of you will not see each other’s activity such as Venmo payments or even name when searching on Venmo.
- Moreover, the person that you have blocked will not get any notification about your action.
Blocking someone on Venmo is a private decision. Although they will not get any message about this, the transactions that you have previously shared with them will remain visible.
However, any actions that you perform in the future will remain hidden. This includes profile details, future money transfers on Venmo , local and international, as well as feed posts.
Reasons You Would Want to Block Another User on Venmo Account
People typically choose to block others on Venmo when they don’t want them to view their transactions.
This is important because Venmo keeps money transfers public and accessible to everyone that you have added in your account. However, not all of us are comfortable with this setting.
Blocking Someone On Venmo – Step By Step Guide
You can block users on Venmo either through the app or by opening your account on Venmo official website. Here’s a quick overview of how this can be done.
- Open Venmo app and provide the correct credentials to log in your account.
- Click on search bar and type in the name of the person that you want to block.
- Click on the name to open their profile and then tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- From the list of options that open, click Block.
- Wait for the confirmation message to pop up. Click on the Block button again to finish the process.
You might be interested in reading: How Do I Unblock Someone Venmo?
Method To Check If Someone Has Blocked You On Venmo
If you Spidey sense is tingling and you want to know if someone has your Venmo account blocked, there is an easy way to find out. Let us walk you through it.
- Open the Venmo app and log in to your account.
- Tap on Pay or Request and then click on the Blue button.
- This would take you to the section where you have to enter user’s information. Provide the username who you want to check.
- Wait for the name to pop up in the search results. If it does not, that means the user has blocked you.
- Tap on “See more results” if the user was not on your friend list. You would still not see their name if they have blocked your Venmo account.
This means that the only sure way of knowing whether someone has blocked you or not is by asking them directly.
Another hack is to search their name through a different Venmo account. If their name shows up through another profile but not through yours, then that shows they have blocked you.
Alternative To Blocking Someone On Venmo
If the purpose is to hide your transactions from someone, blocking them is not the only solution. You can also opt to make your account transfer history private with just a few changes in the privacy settings.
- Open your Venmo account and click on Settings.
- Then choose Privacy and tap on Past Transactions.
- You can also choose to hide just a single transaction, if need be.
- Click confirm and preferably, restart the app for changes to take effect.
The Bottom Line
It is quite easy to block another Venmo user if need be. The process will take less than a couple of minutes and once you are done, the next party would not be able to access your profile information or view future transactions.
If you can not see another user on Venmo, then they might have blocked you. However, keep in mind that, the profile also becomes inaccessible if the users deletes his or her account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the other person see that I have blocked him on Venmo?
No, Venmo does not notify when you block someone. The next person will not be able to search your profile at all. However, this might give in clue that you have blocked them.
What happens when you block someone on Venmo and then unblock?
After you have unblocked a particular person on Venmo, you will be able to search for their profile again. However, unblocking them would not add them again and you will have to request them instead.
Is it possible to delete Venmo history?
Venmo does not allow you to completely erase transaction history. Although you can not directly delete it, you can make it private and keep it hidden from other users. This will save all your information on your Venmo account.
Can I reject a payment that someone has sent me on Venmo?
Unfortunately, Venmo does not offer any method to decline a payment that someone has made to you. You will receive the funds whatsoever. However, you can always send the money back if you want to.