Majority of Chime users desire the security of a traditional bank along with the convenience of an online bank. Now, Chime Mobile Check Deposit feature is ready to deliver just that!
- You can deposit check via Chime mobile app by Open account > Move money > Add funds > Mobile check deposit > Type of account > Amount of money > “For Deposit Only” > Verify.
- Check deposits are limited to a maximum of $2000 per month.
- The number of checks can not exceed 10 during a single month.
…and Much More!
How Long Does Mobile Check Deposit Takes Chime– Your Non-Traditional Banking!
- Furthermore, Chime’s mobile app allows you to make a mobile check deposit which is a quick and easy method.
The conventional method of depositing checks is physically submitting them to a bank branch. Beware the long wait in lines!
Chime, on the other hand, provides the ease of mobile check deposit as a digital means to deposit checks from the comfort of your own home.
How Long Does Chime Take To Deposit A Check
Chime can take up to 24 hours to deposit the check after approval but things work a bit differently for the weekends. On weekends and deposits made on holidays, the transacted amount will be seen in your account the next working day. Here’s what you need to do in order to deposit your check with Chime.
- Open the Chime Mobile App
- Tap the bottom-left option Move Money.
- Select Add Funds.
- Then, from the list of options, choose “Mobile Check Deposit” (camera symbol).
- Then choose the account type where you want to deposit the check.
- The amount of the check will be entered next.
- Sign your paper check on the back and don’t forget to write “For deposit only” underneath your signature.
- You must now take a picture of both the sides of the check.
- Review the deposit data such as the amount, account number, and so on.
- Verify the deposit.
Chime Check Deposit Limit
Check deposits are limited to a maximum of $2000 per month. The number of checks can not exceed 10 during a single month.
You might be interested in reading: Chime Withdrawal Limit and Spending Limit.
The Deadline for Depositing Chime Mobile Checks
If the mobile check is deposited at 5 p.m., it will technically reach the next business day.
- This very next day during the week (Monday to Thursday), and next Monday if it deposited on Friday.
When you submit a check deposit, it can be viewed in the pending transactions section. Chime generally takes a few hours to approve or reject the check once it is placed in pending status.
You might be interested in reading: When Does Chime Direct Deposit Hit?
How to Avoid Getting Your Check Denied
Checks may be denied due to issues with verifying details or payers’ information. You can contact the Chime helpline if it hasn’t been reflected on your account after 24 hours.
Moreover, make sure the photo is clear on both sides.
- If your image is hazy or blurry, clean the lens of your camera. Also, make sure there’s enough light for your camera to pick up the finer details on your check.
Chime’s Spending vs Savings Account
Chime’s Spending Account is one of the best checking accounts for bad credit that works with no-fee and no minimum balance requirement. Withdrawing money is free unless you visit an ATM outside of the networks. Chime’s spending account also gives an option of direct deposit.
- It’s a good alternative for employees who have trouble creating standard accounts but still want to receive their paychecks.
Chime’s high-yield Savings Account pays 0.50% API. It really takes the game with no monthly fees, no minimum balance requirements and no limit to the amount of interest you may earn.
You will receive interest as long as you have at least a cent in your account. There is no minimum deposit required to create a Chime Savings Account, but you must first have a Chime Spending Account.
You might be interested in reading: Chime Stimulus Check.
The Bottom Line
So, with a few clicks of a button, you may deposit your check with Chime utilizing the mobile deposit option.
To avoid rejections, be sure to snap clear photos of checks and double-check the facts before submitting. Also, let at least 24 hours for the cash to arrive in your account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chime Mobile Check Deposit
Who can deposit checks with Chime?
Only Chime customers who have had at least $200 put into their account from their regular paycheck direct deposit will be eligible to use the Chime mobile check deposit feature.
How much is the Chime Check Deposit fee?
There are no costs when depositing checks with Chime. Withdrawals from out-of-network ATMs, on the other hand, will be charged $2.50 per transaction.
How long are the Chime check deposit and mailing times?
There is no way of knowing how long it will take you to get your money. If a week has gone and the money has not come, you can contact the issuing bank to inquire about it.
Furthermore, sending a check from your Chime Checkbook to a payee takes 2 to 5 business days.
What happens when the Chime check you have issued is not withdrawn?
When checks are not withdrawn within 180 days, or approximately six months, they become stale. Chime will automatically refund your cash to your account when this time period has elapsed.
Can you cancel a Chime check you ordered while it is in transit?
Yes. You can only cancel a check that has not been withdrawn. There is no way to get your money back after it has been released. Simply contact the Chime helpline at 1-844-244-6363 to cancel a check that is still in route.