ESPN Plus is a US-based streaming platform, and due to various geographical restrictions and specific law policies, you cannot officially avail of ESPN Plus Canada. To give you an insight on how you can watch ESPN in Canada, please give this guide a complete read.
- You can watch ESPN Plus in Canada by connecting your VPN to the accepted server locations.
- Top choices for VPN include Express VPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
- It offers a monthly and yearly subscription plan for $5.99 and $69.99, respectively.
…and Much More!
ESPN Plus Canada – Is It Available?
ESPN Plus is one of the top-notch sports streaming services offered in the US. It covers all the local and international sports, and all you need to do is sign up on the official site and ride on the exciting sports journey.
- Such streaming websites have set criteria where you cannot operate them outside US premises.
Canada, too, lies in one of those restricted areas where sports enthusiasts would have to make a little more effort to avail of the ESPN Plus streaming service as it is only available in the USA like some other outstanding streaming platforms. In order to access ESPN in Canada, here’s what you need to do.
- Download a VPN of your choice and use it to connect to US servers.
- Visit official website for ESPN and sign-up to start streaming.
You might be interested in reading: How To Watch Disney Hotstar Canada?
|ESPN+ Canada||ESPN Plus Annual Subscription||Disney Plus Bundle|
|8.87 CAD/month||88.90 CAD/year||99 CAD/month|
- Access to thousands of exclusive, live events.
- Access to acclaimed series that might not be available on ESPN basic networks.
- Opportunity to purchase UFC PPV events.
- Lets subscribers watch exclusive archive of on-demand content.
- Credit cards
Devices That Support ESPN Canada
- Amazon Fire Sticks and Fire tablets
- Oculus Go
- Apple TVs
- Apple TV Xbox
- Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X
- PS4 and PS5
- Samsung Smart TVs
ESPN Plus Content in Canada
- UFC (PPV)
- 30 for 30
- The Last Dance
- NFL Primetime
- PGA Golf
- College sports
- NFL Insiders
- Canadian football
- MLS (Live)
- NBA G League
- Track and field
- NFL (live)
- MLB (Live)
- College Football
- ESPN Plus Canada can be accessed using a reliable VPN such as Express VPN to overcome geo-restrictions. Once users have the access, they can create an account by visiting the official website www.plus.espn.com. Here you need to choose one of the few available subscription plans that may cost up to 88.90 Canadian Dollars per year.
- ESPN plus is available in iOS as well as Android devices and Amazon Fire TV/Firestick. You can stream it uninterrupted and watch NFL, UFC, College football, MLB, MLS, NBA G League and much more!
How to Create an ESPN Plus Canada Account – Step by Step Guide
To avail of all the live sports games and shows on ESPN Plus, you must have an account first. To create an account, here is what you need to do:
- Get the VPN of your choice.
- Once done, go to the official site of ESPN.
- You can also download the ESPN app from Apple Store or Play Store as per your device.
- Sign up for it with your email address.
- Next, connect it to the USA server of your respective VPN.
- Once done, go to ESPN and click on the Sign-Up button.
- Please provide your payment method there to avail of the subscription plans.
- Once done, click on the Buy ESPN+ option from there.
- It leads you to a new page with an option stated as Get Started.
- Click on it and start streaming your loved content on ESPN Plus that too in Canada.
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada – Step by Step Guide
ESPN Plus can be unblocked in Canada using a VPN that allows you to stream various sports content easily. To watch ESPN Plus Canada, here is what you need to do:
- Sign up for the VPN you prefer as per your requirements.
- Next, download and install its app on your device.
- Log in to the app providing all the details such as username and password.
- Once done, connect it to the USA server to unblock ESPN Plus.
- And that is it! You can now access ESPN Plus service and stream your favorite sports there.
You might be interested in reading: Peacock TV Canada.
Best VPNs to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada
Even though ESPN Plus is not officially accessible in Canada, you can still go beyond the boundaries and stream your favorite sports content on ESPN Plus, that too in Canada. In addition, you might be aware of the Virtual Private Networks acting as bridge between your local network and the private server.
The VPN works in a way that when you use it on your devices, you change the IP address, i.e., the online ID, and you appear to be in the region that permits the streaming of ESPN Plus.
- VPNs are the best if any streaming service is bound to geo-restrictions due to several possible reasons.
But before you get into the depth, we must let you know about the best available and best-rated VPNs that do not interrupt your connections and offer speed boosters.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to date that is known to provide the fastest speeds without any connection failures. In addition, it offers several features you can take advantage of, such as several compatible devices, 256-bit encryption, and even bit tunneling.
In addition to this, it also offers one type of plan offering a wide range of services such as unlimited bandwidth, all available apps, and a free 30 days trial to test the services. When swaying around the VPNs, your information mustn’t be compromised. This is what ExpressVPN takes care of and does not even keep any of your activity logs.
- It provides a download speed of 85.95 Mbps and an upload speed of 46.94 Mbps.
- It has 14+ servers in the US and a total of 3000+ services in around 90 countries.
- ExpressVPN DNS systems protect all your data.
- You can get a subscription for $6.67 per month for 12+3 months.
- It offers TrustedServer technology and does not retain any data using RAM or volatile memory.
Surfshark has a very tempting price range and is highly intuitive and straightforward to use. Even though Surfshark does not provide you with the fastest servers, it manages to provide a wide range of server locations to unblock your favorite streaming sites in the geo-restricted regions.
Surfshark has gained momentum in the past few years and is very popular for gaming, streaming, and tormenting. In addition, it has an adblocker, too, i.e., CleanWeb, which removes all the ads and malware without disrupting the normal functioning of your device.
- It provides a download speed of 86.56 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.07 Mbps.
- It has 20+ servers in the United States overall.
- Surfshark offers a 1-month plan for USD 12.95,24 months for USD 2.49 and a six-month plan for USD 6.49.
- You can make payments using your credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Cryptocurrency.
- It has split tunneling feature known as Bypasser that enables some internet traffic to pass through Surfshark servers.
Another top VPN on our list is NordVPN which is reliable, offers competitive speeds, has RAM-disk servers, and feature-rich software. Indeed, it is an excellent choice if you wish to stream content outside the United States, as it offers the best streaming libraries.
NordVPN has standard AES-256-CBC encryption and provides Perfect Forward Secrecy, which does not let any service invade your server and the data. The security features excitingly do not only end here as it offers a kill switch security feature which means your data won’t leak outside the secure VPN tunnel at any cost.
- It provides a download speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps.
- NordVPN has around 1970+ US servers with 15+ in the US locations.
- It charges you $3.49 per month and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN also has a site filter blocking all malicious sites.
- You can get six simultaneous connections with NordVPN.
This is another reliable choice to unlock streaming channels that are blocked in regions other than the US. Therefore, Canadians can conveniently use PrivateVPN to stream ESPN+.
- It consists of a small network with just about 200+ servers in 60 countries.
- At least 75% of the servers can successfully unblock ESPN+ in Canada.
- It is dedicated to users with iOS, Windows, Android, Mac, and Amazon Fire TV/Firestick.
- Users can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously.
- You would also have 30-day money-back guarantee.
ESPN Plus Payment Plans
ESPN Plus has several payment plans for the customers that are pretty affordable and do not even compromise the quality of content you get. To begin with, it has a basic monthly subscription plan which costs you $5.99. Not only this, but you can also enjoy blogs and articles with live updates on the platform in return for a monthly fee.
- In addition to this, it also offers a yearly subscription for $69.99 with variable content. The annual subscription plan allows you to save up to $21.89.
In addition, it is a video-on-demand sport to help you surf across different shows on ESPN Plus.
Attention! Another great payment plan for ESPN Plus is the Bundle you can avail of, i.e., the Disney bundle, which ranges from $13.99 to $78.99 every month and you can enjoy the practical value of your money by enjoying special deals.
How to Get ESPN Plus on Different Devices – Step by Step Guide
ESPN Plus is compatible with many devices, and users can enjoy their sports shows on whatever device they have. Here we will mention a few so you won’t have to wonder whether it works for you or not.
- Go to the Settings on your device and click on your profile there.
- Next, click on the option of Media & Purchases.
- Click on View Account and provide your identity verification there.
- Next, click on Country/Region, then click on Change Country or Region.
- Choose the US as your country to change the server.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, fill in all the required details.
- Once completed, click on Done to continue.
- You have now changed your App store region to the USA.
- Now, go to the App Store and download ESPN Plus from there.
- Once done, open the VPN app and connect to the USA server, and that’s it!
- Go to the VPN app on your device.
- From there, connect to the USA server.
- Next, go to the Play Store and click on the hamburger icon on the top left of your screen.
- Then, go to the Account option to change your region to the USA and enter all extra details.
- Next, download the ESPN App from Play Store and enjoy your favorite sports.
- Go to the official Amazon website and log in to your account.
- Click on Accounts & Lists.
- Then, click on Your Accounts & Content.
- Change your region to the USA.
- Next, connect your Amazon Firestick to the TV and click on the option of Settings.
- Log out from your account and log in again.
- Download the ESPN app now, along with the VPN app.
- Open the VPN app and connect it to the USA server.
- Lastly, open the ESPN app and click on ESPN Plus, and that is it!
Watch ESPN Plus Canada without a Cable TV Subscription
Yes, you can watch it without any cable subscriptions on several streaming services operating in Canada through following streaming platforms.
- Live TV on Hulu
- Hulu & Disney + Bundle
- Fubo TV
- YouTube TV
- AT&T TV
- Film TV
- Sling TV
The Bottom Line
VPNs work for the cause of allowing you to get access to content that is otherwise not available in your regions. Please beware of the free VPNs, as there are minimal chances that they give you access to ESPN Plus.
- Even if they do, they are a groove of unprotected and unencrypted information as they do not mask your personal information, so using free VPNs is a big no!
Streaming sites come with a bulk of features and provide the best possible content to viewers at affordable subscription and membership rates. Unfortunately, ESPN Plus is not yet available in Canada, but there are still ways you can watch the content using VPNs on a wide range of compatible devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I watch college football in Canada?
You can watch college sports in Canada through Sportsnet Now, TSN, and DAZN.
Is ESPN on Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can get ESPN on Amazon Prime if you subscribe through your cable channels.
Can I get ESPN on Netflix?
No, you cannot watch ESPN on Netflix as it is not offering television channels.
How can I watch ESPN for free?
You can watch ESPN for free on Fubo TV or Hulu Live TV.