When we think about watching out favorite movie or TV show, HBO is a name that definitely comes to mind other than Netflix or Disney. Although this streaming service hosts one of the best library of content, HBO Max Canada is pretty out of range so what do Canadians have in stock instead?
- HBO Max Canada is not available so you need to (have a VPN to access) the service.
- You can choose a monthly plan with ads for $9.99 and premium plan without ads which costs $14.99 per month.
- Regardless of the plan you choose, HBO provides access to TV series, Originals, movies in HD quality.
…and Much More!
HBO Max Canada – Is It Available?
HBO’s premium library of content is something we would all love to watch but, unfortunately, the streaming service is not available in Canada.
In fact, the company has openly announced that it has no plans of launching in Canada. The citizens can get some of the content by signing up with Crave, company that has a licensing agreement with HBO. However, to access HBO Max itself in Canada, here’s what you need to do.
- Download a VPN of your choice and sign in.
- Get HBO Max app and connect to a server in US to start streaming!
|HBO Plan With Ads||Premium Plan Without Ads|
|Price||$9.99 per month||$14.99 per month|
|Number of Profiles||5||5|
|Video Quality||HD||HD, 4K UHD|
|Content Available||HBO TV series, movies|
|HBO TV series, movies|
- Access to entire HBO catalog.
- New, original and exclusive content to enjoy without ads.
- Ability to stream certain content on the same day that they appear.
- American Express
- Range of debit or credit cards
Device That Support HBO Max in Canada
- Android and Smart TV
- iPhone and iPads
- Amazon TV and Firestick
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecasts and Chromebooks
Content Available on HBO Max Canada
- Titans Season 3
- Wonder Women 1984
- Tom and Jerry
- Friend: The Reunion
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
- The Big Bang Theory
- Deadpool 2
- Silicon Valley
- Jurrasic World
- Harry Potter
- The Suicide Squad
- Game of Thrones
- Gossip Girl
- South Park
- Doctor Who
- The Office
- HBO Max is not available in Canada but interested customers can get help of a reliable VPN such as (Express VPN )or NordVPN to access this service. Once connected to US servers, you would have to sign up with a service and choose a payment plan from the two that are available: Basic plan with ads that cost $9.99 per month and a premium plan that charges $14.99 per month.
- HBO Max offers exclusive library of content with original and new TV series, movies, and much more. You can access it on iPhone, iPad, Android devices, Amazon devices, Chromecast, Windows, etc. with both the plans providing content in HD quality.
HBO Max Canada – Quick Overview
HBO Max is a stand alone service where you can enjoy access to hours and hours or premium content, TV shows, movies, originals series, and more! It was launched back in May 2020, and has been user’s favorite ever since.
Where other services like Hulu had a pretty good boost in the start, HBO got off to a slow start. However, it was able to win over 13 million customers just within 6 months.
How To Get HBO Max Canada – Step By Step Guide
It may sound tricky but the truth is, you just have to perform some basic steps in order to set up the VPN on your device and eventually pair it with HBO Max app to enjoy non-stop streaming. Here’s what you need to do!
- Choose the VPN that you find to be most suitable and download it.
- Subscribe to the VPN service. You will need to create an account and provide username and password.
- Use the VPN to connect to US servers.
- Then open HBO Max website or download the app.
- Sign in your account and start streaming!
Best VPNS To Unblock HBO Max in Canada
VPNs is the only answer to the issue of geo-restrictions. As soon as you hit the Connect button, your location would change to your liking and the IP address would support access to HBO Max. There are only a few reliable VPNs. Check them out!
Perhaps the best VPN that you can work with is ExpressVPN. It hosts ultra fast servers, comes with an app that is extremely easy to use and has thousands of servers in more than 90 countries for seamless experience. It can also be use to access other channels like Peacock TV Canada.
- More than 80% of the servers were successfully able to unblock HBO Max in Canada.
- It can be used to access a number of other streaming channels as well.
- Users can enjoy 5 simultaneous connections on a single subscription.
- ExpressVPN works on Windows, Amazon FiresStick, Fire TV, Linux, iOS, Mac, and Amazon.
- The VPN comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
Another fine option for accessing HBO Max is NordVPN that is available in more than 60 countries with easy sign-up and quick service.
- It hosts more than 5000 servers with 1500+ located in the US.
- More than 50% of the servers were successful in unblocking HBO Max in Canada.
- NordVPN allows for 6 simultaneous connections on a single account.
- You can use it on Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, and Amazon FiresStick.
- NordVPN is one of the most budget friendly option in the market.
PrivateVPN does not have a extensive network of servers but if your aim is to unblock HBO Max in Canada, it would serve you well.
- The VPN offers pre-configured apps for streaming of apps that are geo-blocked.
- You can search for the best content via streaming services through the app.
- At least 80% of the available servers were successful in unblocking HBO Max in Canada.
- The VPN works well on all types of devices including Windows, iOS, and Android.
- It has one of easiest VPN to use.
How To Choose The Right VPN For Yourself?
Although the most important criteria for any VPN is speed, there are some other things that you need to consider as well. Here are a few tips when selecting which VPN to download and use in the future.
- Make sure that the VPN you choose hosts enough servers in the country.
- The VPN should be safe from hackers and operate with good Internet Service Providers.
- Security features are another must have as well as installation of encryption.
- A single VPN should be able to unlock different streaming channels such as Disney+, TNT, AMC, Comedy Central, SBS on Demand, Amazon Prime US, etc.
- The VPN should be able to connect to several devices simultaneous.
Access HBO Max In Canada With Non-US Payment Method
Needless to say, it is not pretty straightforward to sign up with and pay for HBO Max in Canada. However, there are some ways that can keep things simple. Check them out!
Using US Virtual Prepaid Card
- Open StatesPay website.
- Then click on Sign Up and provide the relevant information in order to register your account.
- After the account is active, add the debit or credit card to it. You also have the option to link your PayPal account.
- Then use the VPN to connect to a US server.
- Head to HBO Max website and sign up using StatesPay US virtual prepaid card.
Use of Gift Card at HBONOW.com/gift
You can also redeem HBO Now gift card but this can not be done directly on the website or the app. There’s a way around it.
- Find a reliable website that sells HBO gift cards.
- As soon as you receive the gift card, note the code from email that you receive.
- Then connect to the VPN and access a US server.
- Open HBONOW.com/gift and click on Redeem You Gift Card.
- Provide the gift card code and enter all the required information to continue.
Use of Apple ID or Google ID
You can also get HBO Max subscription in Canada using Apple ID or Google ID. These are some of the most reliable payment options. Here’s how iOS users can subscribe to the service.
- Log out from your Apple ID and create a new one. This time choose US as your country.
- Log into your account again.
- Then download HBO Max app through the App store.
- Download and sign up with a VPN on your Apple device and connect to the US server.
- Open the streaming app and you are good to go!
Android users can make use of Google ID instead. This also works smoothly and should not take more than 2 minutes to complete.
- Download the VPN of your choice and sign in on your Android device.
- Open the VPN and connect to US server.
- Then open Google Play Store and tap on Account.
- Switch your region to the US and download the streaming app to begin.
How To Get HBO Max on Different Devices
- Download and open the VPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a US server via VPN.
- Then open Play Store app and click on 3 bars at the upper right corner.
- Select US for the country and change regional location to USA.
- Download the HBO Max app and start streaming!
- Open Settings on your Apple device and click on Media & Purchases.
- Then click View Account and provide verification to continue.
- Change the country from the Settings to USA and agree to Terms and Conditions listed there.
- Select Agree and enter the required address details.
- Then tap Done and wait for the process to finish.
- You can download the HBO Max app afterwards and start streaming.
- Open your Amazon account and click on Accounts & Links.
- Then tap on Your Accounts and Content.
- After that, you will have to change your location from US to Canada.
- Tap on Settings afterwards then log out to de-register.
- Then you have to download the HBO Max app and connect to a VPN to continue.
The Bottom Line
As it turns out, it is possible to stream HBO Max in Canada and other regions where it is not available without any restrictions. All you need to do is access a Premium VPN like ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
Also, it is crucial to choose a reliable VPN. This is because these tools will keep you private and make sure you don’t fall into any legal issues. Free VPNs on the other hand can mess up your streaming experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will HBO Max come to Canada anytime soon?
As the battle of the leading streaming channel continues, there may be advancements in the future. However, for now, HBO has declared that it has not plans of coming to Canada.
How much will HBO Max cost me?
The charges you pay depends on the payment plan that you subscribe with. Its premium streaming service will charge you $14.99 per month.
Can I get HBO Max for free in Canada?
You can get HBO Max by using a VPN in Canada. However, you would still need to subscribe for the service and pay the charges as per the plan you choose.
Cassidy Horton is freelance finance base research writer and published hundred of articles on money, banking, loan and more. Her work is published authority finance site on Forbes, Money Under30, NerdWallet and many other finance brands. Further she is considered financial expert by MSN, LegalZoom & Consolidated Credit.