The target market of Hulu is as yet only US residents and is not available in Canada. However, various efforts are in the pipeline to introduce the service outside US regions, but till then, here is all you need to know about watching Hulu Canada!
- Hulu is not yet available in Canada, but you can watch using any of these VPNs, i.e., ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN.
- Hulu Canada has four payment plans: Hulu Basic Plan, Hulu (No Ads), Hulu + Live TV, and Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV.
- You can pay for Hulu using Gift Cards, Virtual Prepaid Card, Canadian Credit Card, or by asking a friend.
…and Much More!
Hulu Canada – Is It Available?
Unfortunately, Hulu is officially unavailable in Canada since specific regulations are to be met to make its service available in Canada, which hasn’t been made possible yet.
- Furthermore, as Hulu is a US-based streaming platform, it limits its availability in several geographical areas due to the IP address authentication requirements.
Data technologists and IT specialists have created ways for the public to access anything on the internet through more innovative alternatives. For example, this made them devise strategies to produce streaming content on Hulu accessible via VPNs. This is how it is done.
- Download a VPN of your choice and sign in and connect it to US servers.
- Then download Hulu app and start streaming!
You might be interested in reading: Netflix Canada.
|Hulu Basic Plan||Hulu (No Ads)||Live TV + Hulu||Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV|
|$5.99 per month||$11.99 per month||$64.99 per month||$70.99 per month|
|Few ads while streaming||Ad-free streaming||Few ads while streaming||Ad-free streaming|
|Cannot download and watch any TV show & Movie||Can download and watch any TV show & Movie||No downloading options||Can download and watch any TV show & Movie|
|Offers screen sharing||Offers 30-day free trial||50 hours of DVR cloud storage||Full access to the content library|
|No Live TV access||No Live TV access||Offers live TV feature||Offers live channels|
- Stream more than 75 live and on-demand channels.
- Enjoy unlimited access to Hulu streaming library.
- Watch Hulu on 2 screens simultaneously.
- Record the Live content on Hulu for up to 50 hours.
Devices That Support Hulu Canada
- iOS Devices
- Apple TV
- Android Smart TV
- Xbox One
- Play Station
- Chrome Extension
- Fire TV Stick
- Nintendo Switch
Content on Hulu Canada
- The Great
- The A-Team
- Alex Cross
- All is Lost
- Bull Durham
- This is Us
- Promised Land
- Dead Asleep
- You can not watch Hulu Canada without using a reliable VPN. Fortunately, you have multiple options to consider such as the ExpressVPN or the NordVPN. Once you have downloaded the VPN, you can connect with US servers and unblock Hulu in Canada. Customers also need to subscribe to 1 of the 4 available payment plans: Hulu Basic Plan ($5.99/month) , Hulu No-Ads Plan ($11.99/month), Live TV + Hulu ($64.99/month), and Hulu Live TV + No ads ($70.99/month).
- Hulu can be accessed on different devices including Apple, Android, Chromecast, Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and many more. Moreover, you can enjoy streaming on multiple screens as well as watch 75+ live channels and unlimited Hulu streaming library.
Watch Hulu in Canada – Step by Step Guide
Watching Hulu in Canada requires you to use a VPN on your devices connecting it to the servers in the US to unblock Hulu and access content available there. To do so:
- Download your preferred VPN.
- Sign up for it by providing the required credentials.
- Next, open the VPN app and sign in to continue further.
- Once done, connect your VPN to USA servers available on the list.
- Lastly, go to the website of Hulu.
- Here, sign in to your official account and that’s it!
You might be interested in reading: Disney Plus Canada.
VPNs Available for Hulu Canada
As mentioned earlier, VPN is the pre-requisite if you wish to access Hulu in Canada, apart from the proxies that always end up in a glitch and fail to connect you every time. The top VPNs that ensure you high-quality content in affordable ranges include:
ExpressVPN, known for its fastest speed, is the top VPN choice to watch in Canada. It provides a download speed of 88.78 Mbps with an upload speed of 54.22 Mbps which is the greatest compared to other available VPNs.
- ExpressVPN is widespread and has around 3000 servers in more than 90 countries.
- It only charges you $6.67 per month and provides impeccable streaming quality and security protection service.
- Its MediaStreamer unblocks many geo-restricted VODs such as Sling TV, American Netflix, Comedy Central, HBO Max, and several others.
- In addition, ExpressVPN also allows tormenting and comes with a zero-logs policy and AES 256-bit encryption.
- While compatible on multiple devices, you can get 5 five simultaneous connections and binge-watch your favorite shows on Hulu Canada using ExpressVPN.
The largest sever network to help you stream Hulu in Canada is NordVPN, with around 5400 servers in 59 countries worldwide.
- It offers a download speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps.
- NordVPN charges you $3.49 per month, allowing you to access Hulu and other popular streaming services in Canada too.
- With NordVPN, you can enjoy up to six simultaneous connections.
- It is protected with AES-256-bit encryption, not allowing any compromise on your security.
- In addition, NordVPN has a SmartPlay for unblocking Hulu in Canada without any buffering.
Another reliable VPN to access Hulu in Canada is Surfshark, the most budget-friendly and has around more than 3200 servers worldwide.
- It is robust and works effectively in Canada by providing a download speed of 86.56 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.07 Mbps.
- As for the pricing, Surfshark charges you $2.49 monthly, which is the least in comparison to other networks available.
- This pocket-friendly VPN offers the customers a 30-day money-back guarantee too.
- In addition to these, it has low-latency connections to the US servers and provides standard military-grade encryption rigidly protecting all your data.
- With this, you can also seamlessly enjoy the multi-logins and watch without any buffering or lags.
You might be interested in reading: Peacock TV Canada.
VPNs That Don’t Work with Hulu
Several VPNs that are not compatible with Hulu to stream content available on it are listed below:
- Hotspot Shield
How To Choose the Right VPN For Watching Hulu in Canada?
Every VPN has specific characteristics that define them as the finest. Some of the features you must keep in mind before choosing a VPN include:
- It must ensure strong security and military-grade encryption to prevent data leakage.
- It should allow simultaneous connections on several devices.
- VPNs with unlimited bandwidth for high-quality streaming should be your priority.
- Any VPN you choose must have a no-logs policy to keep your history private and secure.
- VPN must have a broad server location and support several dedicated apps.
- The VPN you opt for should have an agile and robust server connection.
Use of Free VPN To Stream Hulu Canada
Although several free VPNs are masked as perfect choices for watching geo-blocked content outside the regional premises, there is the highest vulnerability of them putting your private information on the line as they are never reliable.
- Free VPNs always have compromised security protocols, leak DNS and IP addresses, and Hulu already blocklists many due to such reasons.
If you are still wondering about going for free VPNs, please note that these sites do nothing but leak your data to advertising agencies online, not giving you any access to Hulu’s content in return too.
So, we highly recommend you stay away from these free VPNs, and it is always safer to put in some amount of money rather than risking your identity or personal information, which is a piece of cake for these sites to get into.
Hulu Canada – Quick Overview
Hulu streaming platform is a hub of different content that you can watch online; however, it is only available in certain region. Moreover, various shows and series available on such sites are licensed and channeled as per the policies of every production house.
Subject to content rights, it is not legal and ethical to make the library of any streaming platform available in any of the geo-restricted areas until authorized. The same is with Hulu, as it is not accessible in Canada without VPN support.
It strictly blocks the users from Canada trying to invade without using VPN as their IP address tracker screens every activity on the website. Thus, using the Virtual Private Network is the best deal to use Hulu as you can change your IP address to the US one and enjoy watching your favorite shows.
Ways To Get Hulu Subscription Without Using US Payment Methods
If you are a Canadian and want to buy a subscription plan for Hulu, here are several payment methods you can opt for:
Virtual Prepaid Card from Statescard.com
- Go to the Statescard.com and sign up using an email address and password.
- Next, go to your email and click on the verification link to continue.
- Next, kindly provide your National ID, passport, or official drivers’ license for identity verification.
- Top up this account using your credit card or the Paypal account.
- Now, go to the VPN and connect it to the US server.
- Once done, go to the Hulu app and use your StatesCard to pay for your Hulu subscription.
Gift Card from eBay.com
- Go to eBay.com and buy a Hulu gift card.
- Next, you will get a verification code in the email.
- Use this code to sign up for a Hulu subscription.
- Once done, connect the VPN to the USA server and go to Hulu’s website.
- Here, please enter the code you received, and that is it!
PayPal Account Using Your Canadian Credit Card
- Go to the VPN on your device and connect it to the USA server.
- Next, go to PayPal and sign-up there to continue.
- Here, please add your Canadian credit card.
- Next, from your Canadian zip code, kindly remove the letters and add two zeroes at the end. For instance, if your zip code is A1C 3C4, re-write it as 13400.
- Once done, google the zip code and copy any residential addresses you can find instantly.
Ask a Friend in the USA
One of the best options to get Hulu in Canada is to ask your friends or family who might be living in the USA to get you a Hulu account or share their existing membership. Then, you can either pay them for it or ask them to provide the login details, as Hulu allows multiple simultaneous screenings.
Download Hulu on Different Devices – Complete Guide
Hulu is compatible on many devices, and here is how you can download it on different apps:
Download Hulu App on Android
- Go to the VPN on your device and connect it to the US server.
- Next, sign up for a new google account and then log in to it.
- Once done, look for the Hulu app in the Play Store.
- Install it and sign up for a free account.
- And that is it! Stream your favorite shows on Hulu on your Android device.
Download Hulu App on iOS Devices
- First, change your Apple ID region to the US from your device settings.
- Next, go to the VPN on your device and connect it to the server in the US.
- Look for the Hulu App in App Store.
- Next, install it and log in to your account to continue.
Download Hulu App on Kodi
- First, connect your device to the VPN.
- On the Kodi device, go to the settings and navigate to System Settings.
- Next, click on Add-ons and toggle to the Unknown Sources from there.
- Install the VPN and connect it to the US server.
- Now, go to the home screen on Kodi and install the Hulu add-on on your device.
Download Hulu App on Xbox
- Please navigate to My games & apps on the Xbox device and click on it.
- Once done, search for the Hulu App on Xbox Store.
- Install it, and that is it! Begin watching a variety of Hulu content!
Download Hulu App on Firestick
- Set up your Firestick and go to the Search bar.
- Switch to unknown sources, download the VPN, and connect it to the US server.
- Now, write Hulu and click on enter, which presents the Hulu app for Fire Tv Stick.
- Download the app by clicking on the option of Get.
- Please open it and sign up, providing the required details.
- And that’s it! You can seamlessly watch Hulu on Firestick now.
Alternatives To Hulu for Streaming Services
A wide variety of streaming services you can get hold of as an alternative to Hulu include:
- Sony Liv
- BBC iPlayer
- Amazon Prime
- Voot Official
- Popcorn Time
- HBO Max
The Bottom Line
Specific reports suggested that Disney has made several investments in Hulu’s platform that would enable it to expand its streaming services across the world without such geo-restrictions.
- But, up until then, the international public would have to opt for a VPN to watch content on Hulu.
Every VPN is known for its specialty and features. While ExpressVPN works with a speed of light, Surfshark is the most affordable, and NordVPN fits perfectly among the reliable VPNs. So, it is sorted for you if you are within Canadian territory! Get one of the VPNs of your choice and enjoy watching your favorite content on Hulu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hulu free with Amazon Prime?
Unfortunately, Hulu is not free with Amazon Prime.
Does Hulu have a free trial?
Yes, it does offer a free trial, and you can check it on its different subscription plans.
What channels are available on Hulu?
It offers CN, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, National Geographic, Bloomberg, ABC, etc.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.