Netflix has become quite popular around the globe. Therefore, it has launched, not just content, but packages as well that are specific to geographical regions. If you are a resident and wondering how much is Netflix Canada, here’s the complete answer!
- The monthly prices depend on the plan that you choose. The basic plan costs $9.99, standard plan costs $14.99 and the premium plan charges $20.99.
- You have the flexibility to change the plan whenever need be. Each plan varies by $4 to $5.
- In order to change Netflix plan, Open Netflix > Log in > Settings > Plan details > Change plan > Confirm.
…and Much More!
How Much Is Netflix Canada?
Netflix has undoubtedly become one of the most praised streaming platform worldwide. Although the prices have been consistent for many years, the company has made some changes back in 2020 and now in 2023 as well.
Netflix has introduced 3 plans for users in Canada. The prices for each plan is mentioned below along with other important details.
Netflix In Canada – Overview
|Ultra HD Availability||No||No||Yes|
|Multiple Device |
*CAD: Canadian Dollars
- You can access all of these plans on laptop, TV, phone, or tablet.
- Every customer has the flexibility of canceling the plan, whenever needed.
- There is no limit on the content that you view.
- Comcast Xfinity
- Comcast Xfinity Package
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Netflix gift cards
- Prepaid cards
- T-Mobile package
- Virtual cards
Change Netflix Plan – Step By Step Guide
It is common for users to opt for a change in plan once they start using the service. This is because you may need to upgrade or downgrade the Netflix plan depending on how much you utilize it. Here’s how you can do perform this task.
- Check that you have a working internet connection.
- Open Netflix and provide credentials to log in to your account.
- Click on Settings and then tap on Plan Details.
- Select Change Plan and provide confirmation by clicking on Confirm Change.
- You can then move back to your Netflix profile and see if the changes have been implemented.
The Bottom Line
Netflix has increased its prices implemented in January 2022. It has introduced an increase of $1.50 in Standard subscription and $2 per month in Premium subscription.
Every time that changes in the cost of plans are made, they are effective almost immediately and you have to start paying the new price in the next billing cycle.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the price of Netflix in Canada per month?
The monthly prices depend on the plan that you choose. Each plan varies by $4 to $5. The basic plan costs $9.99, standard plan costs $14.99 and the premium plan charges $20.99.
Can I get free Netflix in Canada?
It is not possible to avail Netflix services for free. However, you can use the same package but have broader range of content through VPN. With VPN software, you can change the location to US servers and avail all American content.
Does American Netflix have content that Canada Netflix does not?
There are many shows available on US servers that are not available for streaming in Canada. For example, Shaun The Sheep, Dr. Seuss, and Tinkerbell.