There are various gas stations that take Apple Pay but it is better to be aware of the list so you know where you can use which payment method.
1.Various gas stations accept Apple Pay including ARCO, Shell, Sheetz, and others.
2.You can find such gas station near you by Maps on phone > gas stations near me > Select gas stations > Useful to know > Payment options.
3.Other gas stations let you pay with Samsung Pay, Google Pay, credit cards, debit cards, or simply through cash.
…and Much More!
Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay
We compiled a list of such gas stations below. All locations were contacted at the time of writing to confirm the information.
- ARCO: a debit card must be linked to your mobile wallet to make Apple payment.
- BP/Amoco: requires the use of BPme app.
- Chevron: all locations accept Apple Pay.
- CITGO: only available at specific locations.
- Circle K: only available at specific locations.
- Conoco: only available at specific locations.
- ExxonMobil: accepts Apple Pay at most locations and lets you link it with Rewards+ app.
- Kum & Go: pay with Apple Pay using iPhone app.
- Kiwik Fill/Red Apple: only available at specific locations.
- Kiwik Trip/Kiwik Star: only available at specific locations.
- Meijer: only available at specific stores.
- Phillips 66: only available at specific locations.
- QuikTrip: Apple Pay billing depends on store locations.
- RaceTrac: accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Shell: accepts Apple Pay at most of the locations.
- Sheetz: accepts Apple Pay at most of the locations.
- Speedway: accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Valero: accepts Apple Pay at specific locations only.
Find Gas Stations Near You
It is easy to locate the gas stations around you where you can pay by simply using your Apple device.
- Open the Maps application on your phone.
- In the search bar, type gas stations nearby.
- In the list the open, tap on the station of your choice and then click on Useful to Know.
This section would show whether Apple Pay is accepted or not.
The Bottom Line
So the end note here is that Apple Pay lets you clear bills at multiple gas stations but you should not confuse it with “applicable to all locations”.
Therefore, it is best to have a back-up available as well such as credit card or debit card that you can use to pay at a fuel point that does not take Apple Pay. Another reliable alternative is to pay via checking account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay
Can I pay at Shell using Apple Pay?
Yes. Shell accepts payments via Apple Pay at most of its locations (but not all, keep this in mind). You can also pay at shell using credit card or checking account.
Why isn’t Apple Pay working at the gas station?
First of all, confirm that the station you are accepts Apple Pay. If yes, then re-check whether you are presenting the device to the payment terminal correctly. Lastly, you should also confirm that you have linked a valid debit card, credit card, or account to your Wallet App.
Debit card not working on Apple Pay. Help!
Make sure you are adding a valid card to your Apple Pay. You should also check the application status page to see if the app is down for any reasons. The simplest trick is to try after a while when the issue has been resolved.
How do I use the Apple Pay to clear the bill at the gas station?
Open the phone and hold the top of it close to the reader to transfer the payments. You would be asked to confirm the linked credit/debit card. Tap to choose and confirm with Touch ID to complete the payment.