There are many gas stations that take Apple Pay but it is better to be aware of the list so you know where you can use which payment method.
1.Various gas stations accept Apple Pay including ARCO, Shell, Sheetz, and others.
2.You can find such gas station near you by Maps on phone > gas stations near me > Select gas stations > Useful to know > Payment options.
3.Other gas stations let you pay with Samsung Pay, Google Pay, credit cards, debit cards, or simply through cash.
…and Much More!
Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay – A Complete List
We compiled a detailed list of such gas stations below. All locations were contacted at the time of writing to confirm the information.
- ARCO: a debit card must be linked to your mobile wallet to make Apple payment.
- BP/Amoco: requires the use of BPme app.
- Chevron: all locations accept Apple Pay.
- CITGO: only available at specific locations.
- Circle K: only available at specific locations.
- Conoco: only available at specific locations.
- ExxonMobil: accepts Apple Pay at most locations and lets you link it with Rewards+ app.
- Kum & Go: pay with Apple Pay using iPhone app.
- Kiwik Fill/Red Apple: only available at specific locations.
- Kiwik Trip/Kiwik Star: only available at specific locations.
- Meijer: only available at specific stores.
- Phillips 66: only available at specific locations.
- QuikTrip: Apple Pay billing depends on store locations.
- RaceTrac: accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Shell: accepts Apple Pay at most of the locations.
- Sheetz: accepts Apple Pay at most of the locations.
- Speedway: accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Valero: accepts Apple Pay at specific locations only.
- It was one of the gas stations that quickly offered contactless payment via Apple Pay.
- All franchises in the US double as gas station and a convenience store.
- It obtains fuel from partners like Citgo, Exxon, BP, Shell, and Amoco.
- You can use Apple Pay at the gas stations as well as in stores.
- Chevron gas stations are available in multiple states all over the US.
- Most of these spots offer food, car washes, and convenience stores as well.
- Shell is quite a popular line of gas stations and it accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- It made all the required changes within just a couple of years.
- You can find Shell gas stations in all states of the US.
- As an extra step, you have to download BPme app to use Apple Pay at its gas stations.
- It was launched in 1998 as one of the largest produced of oil and natural gas in the US.
- Currently, BP has its outlets at more than 7,200 locations around the US.
- It is one of the most popular fuel station in the US.
- Citgo hosts stations in 30 states in the US but Apple Pay is accepted in selective locations only.
- It has recently launched operation in Washington DC.
- It accepts Apple Pay at every location.
- Currently, Speedway is functional at around 36 locations in the US.
- It is quite famous in the Eastern US.
- You can pay here simply by linking your debit or credit card to Apple Pay and doing transaction at the gas station.
- It has outlets at more than 15 states across the US.
- ARCO has shared plans of expanding its service in other regions in the US as well.
- Although Circle K is available in 48 states in the US, it accepts Apple Pay in only a few of these.
- 13% of its locations around the world does not offer gasoline to customers.
- It is a combination of convenience store and gas station.
Casey’s General Stores
- It has recently started accepting Apple Pay at all its location which was not possible before.
- It has more than 2000 stores in over 16 states around the US.
- Casey’s General Stores is most popular in states like Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, etc.
- This is a convenience store that pairs with gas station.
- Wawa accepts Apple Pay at all of its locations.
- It has gas stations at more than 600 locations around the US.
- You need to download the Sunoco app in order to use Apple Pay at its gas station.
- Sunoco app is extremely easy to use.
- There are more than 5000 franchises all over the US.
- Most of its gas stations accept Apple Pay.
- Alternatively, users can employ Texaco app as well to complete contactless payments.
- Texaco gas stations are available in more than 16 states in the US.
- You can pay with Apple Pay at most of the Sheetz locations.
- Some outlets in rural areas have not been updated with this technology.
- You will be able to find Sheetz at over 630 locations in the US.
How To Pay At a Gas Station Using Apple Pay
It is easy to pay using Apple Pay with your iPhone or Apple watch. All you need to do is learn how to enable the app and make the transfer through it. Here’s how it is done.
- First of all, make sure that the gas station you are visiting does accept Apple Pay. (You can learn how to do that in the next section).
- Now open the Apple wallet app on your device and double click the side button.
- Verify your identity through touch or face ID. You may be asked to enter the passcode depending on the privacy settings that you have chosen.
- Put the device near the payment system screen on the gas station and wait for a beep.
- The funds will be deducted automatically from your account and you are done!
Find Gas Stations Near You That Take Apple Pay
It is easy to locate the gas stations around you where you can pay by simply using your Apple device.
- Open the Maps application on your phone.
- In the search bar, type gas stations nearby.
- In the list the open, tap on the station of your choice and then click on Useful to Know.
This section would show whether Apple Pay is accepted or not.
Alternatives To Using Apple Pay
Well, the world of contactless payment or digital transactions does not end with Apple Pay. So, if you are not an iOS user, there are thick chances that you would come across the same gas stations that accept PayPal, Zelle, Venmo, or Samsung Pay instead. If nothing else works out, you can always resort to paying with checks or accept credit cards.
As we mentioned above, you should always check beforehand if the gas station you would be visiting takes Apple Pay or not. Although we are hopeful that you would find one, there are plenty of other options as well to look into!
The Bottom Line
So the end note here is that Apple Pay lets you clear bills at multiple gas stations but you should not confuse it with “applicable to all locations”.
Therefore, it is best to have a back-up available as well such as credit card or debit card that you can use to pay at a fuel point that does not take Apple Pay. Another reliable alternative is to pay via checking account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay
Can I pay at Shell using Apple Pay?
Yes. Shell accepts payments via Apple Pay at most of its locations (but not all, keep this in mind). You can also pay at shell using credit card or checking account.
Why isn’t Apple Pay working at the gas station?
First of all, confirm that the station you are accepts Apple Pay. If yes, then re-check whether you are presenting the device to the payment terminal correctly. Lastly, you should also confirm that you have linked a valid debit card, credit card, or account to your Wallet App.
Debit card not working on Apple Pay. Help!
Make sure you are adding a valid card to your Apple Pay. You should also check the application status page to see if the app is down for any reasons. The simplest trick is to try after a while when the issue has been resolved.
How do I use the Apple Pay to clear the bill at the gas station?
Open the phone and hold the top of it close to the reader to transfer the payments. You would be asked to confirm the linked credit/debit card. Tap to choose and confirm with Touch ID to complete the payment.