In a few years, PayPal has gained quite a popularity as a secure payment method. Besides supporting quick transfers to other platforms like Cash App, Venmo, Skrill, Netspend, Mercari and even bank accounts, PayPal is widely used for purchases, such as getting a gift card online or booking a hotel before you begin your trip! With its use proliferating, it would be wise to know about gas stations that take PayPal so you can clear contactless billing when you are on the go!
- A large number of gas stations now take PayPal through Android Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay like ACRO. Chevron, CITGO, and others.
- Some other gas stations do not accept PayPal but use different sources of payments such as cash, credit, or debit cards.
- You can pay easily with PayPal by Opening your mobile wallet > Choosing payment method > tap it to terminals with NFC > Payment confirmed.
…and Much More!
List of Top 19 Gas Stations That Take PayPal
Although PayPal is used in restaurants, stores, and even for online transactions, its use is limited in gas stations.
- Most pumps accept mobile wallet as a payment method in which you can choose Samsung Pay or Google Pay, which is linked to your PayPal account directly.
Following are a few gas stations that take PayPal credit as a payment method for either gas or in-store.
- ACRO: accepts Google Pay or Samsung Pay and a debit card linked with your PayPal or mobile wallet to make the payment.
- BP: uses the BPme app or Samsung Pay for payment.
- Chevron: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay are linked through PayPal.
- CITGO: PayPal is used at selective locations and depends on the franchise owner.
- Cumberland Farms: you can pay with either PayPal (Samsung Pay) or Cumberland Farms SmartPay.
- Delta Sonic: accepts PayPal at most stores but not the pump.
- ExxonMobil: takes PayPal and Apple Pay but links it with Speedpass+
- Kwik Fill/Red Apple: PayPal is available at most locations.
- Kwik Trip/Kiwik Star: accepted in both stores and pump but few locations.
- Meijer: PayPal is only available at some locations.
- Phillips 66: accepts PayPal through Samsung Pay at several locations.
- QuickTrip (QT): Payment using PayPal depends on store locations.
- Race Trac/ Raceway: PayPal is accepted in-store at almost all locations.
- Shell: accepts PayPal in most locations.
- Sheetz: takes Samsung Pay with PayPal at all locations.
- Speedway: accepts PayPal in-store at all the locations.
- Sunoco: uses the PayPal app as a payment method.
- Texaco: accepts PayPal at all locations.
- Valero: Accepts PayPal but depends on the franchise owner.
You might also be interested in reading: Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay.
Gas Stations That Don’t Accept PayPal
Certain gas stations don’t take PayPal or any mobile wallet payments. At such options, you may want to consider paying via credit cards or checks. In fact, some even offer huge savings when paying via credit card. A few of them are the following:
- Kum & Go
- Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers
You might be interested in reading: Gas Stations That Only Hold $1.
How to Pay Using PayPal – Step by Step
You can use PayPal to pay through Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or Apple Pay. The app’s interface is user-friendly, which makes the process pretty convenient.
- Install any mobile wallet app (Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or Apple Pay).
- Then open the app and look for a ‘payment’ option at the top screen.
- Click the payment method.
- Then choose the PayPal option.
- Log in to your PayPal account and provide the PIN.
- Make your payment and finish.
Finding What Gas Stations Accept PayPal Near Me
An easy method to find gas stations near you that accept PayPal is through the Maps app.
- Open the maps app.
- Search for ‘gas stations near you” in the search bar.
- Click on your desired station and then the ‘Useful to know’ option.
- There, you can see if it accepts PayPal or not.
The Bottom Line
We can use PayPal at most gas stations, but remember that the payment method varies from location to location, so it is best to always have a backup, like a credit or debit card or even some loose cash, in times of need!
Frequently Asked Questions About Gas Stations That Take PayPal
What are the best gas stations that take PayPal?
Chevron, Texaco, ARCO, Sunoco, BP, and Shell are some of the best gas stations that take PayPal.
How to use PayPal at a Shell Gas Station or others?
To pay using PayPal, all you need to do is > Look for a contactless symbol at the checkout terminal > Open your mobile wallet app > Select the desired card through ‘payment method > Tap your phone on the terminal > The Required amount will be paid.
In which gas stations can I use PayPal?
Petrol stations such as ACRO, BP, CITGO, Delta Sonic, Valero, and others use PayPal as one of their payment methods, either in-store or at the pump.
Which in-stores take PayPal for payment?
A few speedway in-stores where PayPal is accepted are Wawa, Conoco, Circle K, 7-Eleven and more!
How to use PayPal in-store without card?
You can use PayPal online as it is a digital wallet or use it to pay via NFC, contactless technology in store.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.