PayPal has gained quite a popularity in few years as a secure payment method. Besides supporting quick transfers to other platforms like Cash App, Venmo, Skrill, Netspend, Mercari and even bank account, PayPal is widely used for purchases as well such as getting a gift card online or booking a hotel before you begin your trip! With its use growing rapidly, it would be smart to know about gas stations that take PayPal so you can clear contactless billing when you are on the go!
- A large number of gas stations now take PayPal through Android Pay, Samsung Pay, or Google Pay like ACRO. Chevron, CITGO, and others.
- Some other gas stations do not accept PayPal but use different sources of payments such as cash, credit, or debit cards.
- You can pay easily with PayPal by Opening your mobile wallet > Choosing payment method > tap it to terminals with NFC > Payment confirmed.
…and Much More!
Top 19 Gas Stations That Take PayPal
Although PayPal is used in restaurants and stores and even for online transactions, the use is limited when it comes to the gas station.
- Most pumps accept mobile wallet as a payment method in which you can either chose Samsung pay or Google Pay which is linked to your PayPal account directly.
Following are a few gas stations that take PayPal as a payment method for either gas or in-store.
- ACRO: accepts Goggle Pay or Samsung Pay and a debit card linked with your PayPal or mobile wallet to make the payment.
- BP: uses the BPme app or Samsung Pay for payment.
- Chevron: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay linked through PayPal.
- CITGO: PayPal is used at selective locations and depends on the franchise owner.
- Cumberland Farms: you can pay with either PayPal (Samsung Pay) or Cumberland Farms SmartPay.
- Delta Sonic: accepts PayPal at most stores but not the pump.
- ExxonMobil: takes PayPal and Apple pay but link it with Speedpass+
- Kiwik Fill/Red Apple: PayPal is available at most locations.
- Kiwik Trip/Kiwik Star: accepted in both stores and pump but few locations.
- Meijer: PayPal is only available at some locations.
- Phillips 66: accepts PayPal through Samsung Pay at several locations.
- QuickTrip (QT): Payment using PayPal depends on store locations.
- Race Trac/ Raceway: PayPal is accepted in-store at almost all locations.
- Shell: accepts PayPal in most locations.
- Sheetz: takes Samsung Pay with PayPal at all locations.
- Speedway: accepts PayPal in-store at all the locations.
- Sunoco: uses the PayPal app as a payment method.
- Texaco: accepts PayPal at all locations.
- Valero: Accepts PayPal but depends on the franchise owner.
You might also be interested in reading: Gas Stations That Take Apple Pay.
Gas Stations That Don’t Accept PayPal
- Kum & Go
- Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers
You might be interested in reading: Gas Stations That Only Hold $1.
How to Pay Using PayPal – Step by Step
You can use Paypal to make your payments through Google Pay, Samsung Pay , or Apple pay. The app’s interface is user-friendly that makes the process pretty convenient.
- Install any mobile wallet app ( Goggle Pay, Samsung Pay , or Apple Pay).
- Open the app and look for a ‘payment’ option at the top screen.
- Click the payment method.
- Choose the PayPal option.
- Log in to your PayPal account and provide the PIN.
- Make your payment and finish.
Finding a Gas Station Close To Your Location
An easy method to find gas stations near you that accept PayPal is through the Maps app.
- Open the maps app.
- Search for ‘gas stations near you” in the search bar.
- Click on your desired station and then the ‘Useful to know’ option.
- There you can look if it accepts PayPal or not.
The Bottom Line
We can use PayPal at most gas stations but keep in mind the payment method varies from location to location, so it is best to always have a backup like a credit or debit card or even some loose cash, in times of need!
Frequently Asked Questions About Gas Stations That Take PayPal
How to use PayPal at a Gas Station?
To pay using PayPal all you need to do is > Look for a contactless symbol at the checkout terminal > Open your mobile wallet app > Select the desired card through ‘payment method > Tap your phone on the terminal > The Required amount will be paid.
In which gas stations can I use PayPal?
Petrol stations such as ACRO, BP, CITGO, Delta Sonic, Valero, others use PayPal as one of their payment methods either in-store or at the pump.
Which in-stores take PayPal for payment?
A few speedway in-stores where PayPal is accepted are Wawa, Conoco, Circle K, 7-Eleven and more!