How do I unfreeze my Venmo account? Step 1: Don’t panic! Step 2: Follow this guide for an easy and quick solution!
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. If your account was frozen due to lack funds visit www.Venmo.com > Select Bank > Verify > Amount of Money > Confirm to remove the hold.
2. You can also contact customer support team at 855-812-4430 to resolve the matter.
3. Respond to the email from Venmo if you wish to directly notify the company about the situation.
…and Much More!
Reasons Why Your Venmo Account Might Be On Hold
The reasons can be legitimate or simply a glitch in the system. However, if you are on the faulty side, the first thing you need to know about is what you are doing wrong.
Here are some reasons for which your account may be put on permanent or temporary hold.
- Venmo account frozen due to lack of funds.
- Account on hold because you broke a user agreement.
- Frozen Venmo account due to suspicious activity.
- Venmo account on hold over sum smaller than $1.
Regardless of the reason, you would have to get in touch with Venmo customer service to have access to your account against. After all, you can transfer money from Venmo to other account or make use of the funds without unfreezing it.
How Do I Unfreeze My Venmo Account? Top, Most Reliable Solutions
What you can do to unfreeze Venmo account depends on why it has been put on hold. Below we have discussed the major reasons along with the steps to take to regain control over your account.
Venmo Account Frozen Due To Lack of Funds
About 90% of the time that users complain about frozen Venmo account, the reason turn out to be lack of funds.
- This problem can occur if you have set automated payments without keeping a track of how much balance is remaining in your account.
Eventually your account will be frozen when you run out. As a result, you won’t be able to use it at all. You can fix this issue by transferring some funds instantly to your Venmo account.
- Visit www.Venmo.com or use the mobile app to sign-in your account.
- From the homepage, Select the Bank or account from which you wish to transfer the funds from.
- Verify the account by providing the account number and routing number.
- Enter the amount of money that you want to receive.
- Confirm the transaction.
The money would reach you in up to 3 days. This would eventually unfreeze your account.
Account Hold Because You Broke the User Agreement
“While we encourage the use of Venmo, we must ensure that all users abide by our User Agreement. After reviewing your account activity, we have found that your actions are in violation with the agreement. As a result, your account has been permanently deactivated.”
- The problem with the hold on your account is a bit more serious if you receive a message that looks anything like the one above.
All banks have the right to permanently block an account if the users do not stand by the rules and regulations that they had agreed to at the time of account opening.
If luck is by your side, there is little that you can do to fix this situation.
- Call Venmo customer support service.
- Share that your account has been put on hold so the team can get you through to appropriate helper.
- Explain why you broke the User Agreement.
- Wait for the company to decide whether they should or should not let you access the account again.
Typically, users try to access Venmo account from outside the US which is strictly prohibited. It can result in permanent hold on your account.
Frozen Venmo Account Due To Suspicious Activity
Some instances that users have shared with us include:
- Hold on account after they repeatedly entered a wrong PIN for money transfer.
- Parallel use of the same Venmo account at different, far off locations.
Anything that raises an eyebrow would eventually result in the authorities blocking your account for further use until the situation is properly rectified.
- There is a little you can do if this issue takes place except that you wait for Venmo to contact you and share why they had to freeze the account.
You can also call the customer support center yourself and request for an explanation.
Venmo Account On Hold Over Sum Smaller Than $1
In some cases, the account may be put on hold when the total amount in it is less than $1.
You may think that this is the same as frozen account due to lack of funds but it is not and therefore you can not fix it in the same manner either.
- The overdraft for Venmo is less than $1 so you have to tackle with this situation differently.
You don’t need to make any transfer to the Venmo account to remove the hold. Instead, it is best to call the company and explain the situation as it is.
Venmo – In a Nutshell
Venmo is one of the most convenient online banks that you use. You can use it to transfer funds to other accounts and receive funds online without any hassle or extravagant fees.
- Venmo is a popular choice for peer-to-peer transactions. It was launched under PayPal and Braintree parent companies in 2009.
Venmo has more than 40 million active users and the number is just expected to grow as more and more people develop the habit of utilizing online banking and mobile money transfers.
Get Help From Venmo Customer Support Service
You might need to get in touch with the customer support team for many reasons. It can help you with unfreezing your account and other activities as well.
- Log into the Venmo account by providing the correct credentials.
- Click on the menu icon towards the upper left side of the screen.
- Tap on Get Help at the bottom of the page.
Now you can type in the issue that you are facing and submit the response. Relevant helper would get in touch with you soon.
Attention! Venmo also sends an email when your account is frozen. You can respond to this mail to get help. You may also need to verify through photo ID.
Alternatively, you can call Venmo at 855-812-4430. The helpline is available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Monday to Friday except for major holidays.
How To Prevent Venmo Account Hold In The Future
Most of the times, Venmo account is blocked due to lack of funds and overspending. Therefore, it is a great idea to know more about Venmo spending limits so you can avoid this inconvenient.
There are other things you can do to make sure you never need to worry about “How do I unfreeze my Venmo account” again.
- Keep a check on automated payments and the remaining balance on weekly basis.
- Make frequent deposits into your account.
- Remember the PIN and do not share it with others.
- Make sure you log out of any non-personal device once your work with Venmo account is done.
The Bottom Line
It is quite easy to overspend if you have set up automated payments. Moreover, losing track of the balance or forgetting the PIN for your account is quite common too.
- Venmo account hold can be worrisome but it is not something that can not be fixed. In face, if you take the right steps you can it back within days.
It is more important to know how to avoid the same issue in the future. Take notes of the mistakes that you have made and how you can prevent it from happening again.
Frequently Asked Questions About How Do I Unfreeze My Venmo Account?
How do I recover my Venmo account that is frozen?
You can contact Venmo support team by calling at the toll-free number or you can respond to the email sent to you by the company to get help. The main objective is to find out why the account was frozen so you can take the necessary steps to remove the hold.
How do I know that my Venmo account is on hold?
You will probably get an email to your contact ID notifying that your account has been put on hold. If you, for some reasons, missed out on the email, you will know that the account is frozen when you try to make the next payment and a message pops up.
Why is my Venmo not working?
You may not be allowed to make a payment through Venmo for a number of reasons. It may be because of security issues or that your Venmo account is on hold.
How long will my Venmo account stay frozen?
If your account was temporarily frozen due to suspicious activity then it may stay like that for up to 10 days. More serious issue can keep your account frozen for a month. Consequently, if Venmo account was frozen due to lack of funds, it may be activated as soon as you make a deposit.
What happens when my Venmo account is frozen?
Frozen bank accounts can not be used to make money transfers, pay bills, or cash out at ATMs. You may continue to make deposits into the bank account but these would only become accessible to you once the hold is removed.
Does Venmo freeze account without any notice?
It is highly unlikely that the company would freeze your account without notifying you. You should receive an email.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.