With online transactions hitting the heights of feasibility for its customers, how to transfer money from Netspend to Chime is a question becoming too common nowadays!
- You can transfer money from Netspend to Chime by Open Netspend > Add Money > Open Chime > Link Bank > Link Netspend Account > Transfer Money > Amount of Money > Confirm Transaction.
- The transfer of money in this case can take up to 5 days.
- Transfer fee and limits are variable.
…and Much More!
How To Transfer Money from Netspend to Chime?
Netspend is one of the Global Payments Companies that allow you to make purchases at various locations through Netspend cards. In comparison, Chime is yet another financial service provider offering mobile banking services to people.
To transfer money from Netspend to Chime, please follow the below-mentioned steps, and you are good to go!
Netspend Account and Routing Number
These are the two essentials you need to transfer money from Netspend to Chime.
- First, you need to Log In to your Netspend account.
- Now, select the option of Add Money/Transfer Money.
- Look for the account and routing number for your card.
These processes can be carried out either through Netspend website or mobile application.
- Now, go to Chime Website
- Then you need to get to the Chime website or Chime mobile app.
- Click on Settings.
- You will come across an option of Link a Bank Account.
- Here, you will select your respective bank account.
- Before proceeding, look carefully for Netspend in the provided list of banks.
- If you find one, Select it.
- If not, you need to look for another associated bank with your Netspend card.
Log In Details of The Bank
Now, you need to come to the prime step, i.e., linking the Netspend account to Chime bank by entering all the necessary details.
- Open the Chime App. There you will see an option of Move Money. Select it.
- Go to the Transfers option.
- Now, choose Netspend from the list.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
Is Flashpay ID Necessary for Netspend to Chime Money Transfer?
No, Flashpay ID is not necessary to transfer money from Netspend to Chime. Flashpay ID serves different purposes, and your friends and family can use it to send you money. Flashpay ID can be obtained from the Online Account Center.
Netspend To Chime Money Transfer Time
The transfer from Netspend to Chime account can vary with the various channels you use for making a transfer. Transfers are only processed on business days.
- If you wish to make an urgent transfer, doing it online is convenient for all as money will instantly be available to the recipient’s Chime account.
If the transfer is made using Western Union service, you will have to wait for about 3-5 business days. And if you are using PayPal to transfer money from Netspend to Chime, the transfer time is up to 5 business days.
The reason these transfers take a couple of days is to prevent any forgery and problems within these channels.
Netspend Money Transfer Fees and Limits
Like any other financial institution that facilitates money transfers from one area to another, Netspend also charges you a certain amount for making transfers.
- If you transfer money from the Netspend bank account to other financial platforms, you must pay a certain fee.
However, it is free if the transfer is within the same banking institutions, i.e., from one Netspend account to the other. Transfer from a Netspend account to a PayPal account is also free.
Some other fees that are associated with Netspend services are mentioned below.
|Money withdrawal from an ATM||$0.25|
|Load cash on to the card||$3.50|
|Contact customer support team||$0.50|
|90-day account inactivity||$5.95|
For Purchase Transactions and Over-the-counter cash withdrawals, the limit is about $4,999.99 after every 24 hours. Whereas, for ATM cash withdrawals, it is a limited amount, i.e., $325.00 per withdrawal and $940.00 per day.
Transfer limits to the Chime spending account are $10,000 per day and $25,000 per month.
Transfer Money from Netspend to Other Accounts Worldwide
Netspend also allows you to make international transfers by alleviating the problems of cross-border transfers faced otherwise.
- You can use Netspend cards in any region provided that they accept a debit Visa or a Mastercard.
Its debit cards are known to be one of the best international prepaid debit cards. In addition, you can transfer your funds internationally through Netspend via Western Union to around 200 countries.
If not, you can opt for another approach linking your Netspend card to your PayPal account to start the transfer process.
Transferring money internationally bounds you to pay for overhead costs depending upon the country you are transferring money to, along with the amount you are moving. However with Netspend, you can save a significant amount.
Create Netspend Bank Account – Step by Step Guide
Creating a Netspend bank account is relatively easy. It permits you to transfer money to several other bank accounts in just a few steps. Below are the steps you need to follow to create a Netspend account:
- Visit the Netspend Open an Account Page.
- Enter the personal information asked to proceed with the process.
- Next, you will be directed towards choosing one of the payments you wish to receive with the Direct Deposit. These could be a paycheck, a tax refund, or government benefits.
- Once done, select your card.
- The card requires some specifications to be added, which majorly includes a display photo.
- Customize your card as per your likings and ideal graphics.
- Wait for the call of confirmation then proceed to activate the card by providing the correct credentials.
Customizing the card is incredibly beneficial as it can eliminate its misuse if lost because of the picture you add.
Netspend Prepaid Card Perks and Benefits
Netspend Prepaid Cards is an arena of topsides, and you can look at all the features and facilities they provide you with to decide if it suits you the best or not.
- Manage Your Finances
Netspend prepaid cards are a perfect way to manage finances. You can view your current balance easily, and in case you experience any sceptical activity, you can instantly get in touch with customer support.
Other significant advantages of the Netspend card are that it allows you a high-yield savings account, meaning you can get a 5% APY on the first minimum deposit of $1000 in your account.
- Ease and Convenience
The prepaid cards of Netspend are reloadable, and you can control the amount you wish to load onto your card as per the circumstances. You can make direct deposits and get your paycheck two days before the actual date.
Netspend offers you several rewards for being its customer through a program they initiated known as Netspend Payback Rewards Program. This allows you to get cashback and other personalized offers to the best of your benefit.
- No Associated Fees
You don’t have to pay any fees for the application process. Moreover, there are no charges for the activation of your card. No credit checks are required, and no minimum balance is mandatory to get hold of Netspend prepaid cards.
The Bottom Line
Funds transfers from Netspend to Chime is easy and safe. The prepaid cards offered by Netspend are a cherry on the top with their credible features to assist you in several purposes.
We hope this guide helped you and that now you will be able to comprehend all the necessary details required for transfers from Netspend to Chime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Netspend Visa Prepaid Card worth it?
This card can be suitable for people who want to manage their finances in an organized way and for those without a credit history. It is a good option, but its fee is a major downside.
Is the transfer from a prepaid card to Chime possible?
No, transfer from a prepaid card to Chime is not possible. It is only possible if the transfer is made through a bank that supports Chime.
How much time is required to get a Netspend card?
Netspend takes 7-10 days on average to deliver the card to your residential address provided while registering the account.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.