Reloadable debit cards like Netspend are a blessing since they make money transfers so convenient.
If you are not carrying cash and wish to avoid ATM cash withdrawals, you can pay via prepaid card but that needs funds, right? That might make you wonder can someone send me money to my Netspend card?
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. Someone can send you money to your Netspend card through other Netspend account, direct deposit, Netspend recharge locations, bank transfers, and PayPal account.
2. You can apply for the Netspend card online by Netspend official website > online application > necessary application > method of deposit > finish.
3. The fees associated with your Netspend account depend on which plan you have subscribed to.
…and Much More!
Can Someone Send Me Money To My Netspend Card?
Getting money on your Netspend card is actually quite easy. Someone can send you money online with their Netspend card as well as other methods. Let’s take a look!
Receive Funds From Netspend Accountholder
Obviously, the best method to get funds on Netspend is to have them transferred from another Netspend card.
- Open the online Netspend account and provide recipients name in the relevant field.
- Then enter recipient’s FlashPay ID.
- Provide the amount of money needs to be send over and confirm the transaction.
Obtain Money Via Direct Deposit
Someone can send you money on your Netspend card through direct deposit. The best things about this type of money transfer is that you will be able to use the funds almost immediately.
- Work paychecks, social security benefits, RRB, SSI, tax refunds, etc. all count as direct deposits.
Note! You can upgrade to Netspend Premier account if you are using deposits of $500 per month through which you can save up to 50% in monthly fees.
Netspend Card Recharge Network Locations
You can recharge your debit card at more than 130,000 locations around the US. You can provide cash money and the funds will be electronically deposited into your Netspend card account.
Online Bank Transfers
For transfer of funds through the bank, the sender should have an online account. It is a piece of cake thereafter!
- Open online bank account.
- Provide Netspend card details along with FlashPay ID.
- Enter the amount of money that should be sent to Netspend card.
Use PayPal Account To Transfer Funds
You can send money from PayPal account to Netspend card online. All you have to do is add the account to PayPal beforehand.
- Open your PayPal account and tap on Wallet.
- Then click on Debit and Credit Cards.
- Tap on Add Card and choose Netspend card.
- Provide card details and type.
- Then opt for money transfer and provide the amount of money that you wish to send.
Netspend Card Details – In a Nutshell
This prepaid card works much like any other similar card you would find in the market. You can load the money here and utilize it for payments on gas stations, online shopping, medical care bills, etc.
Some features of Netspend prepaid card that you should know about include:
- Card fees depend on the package that you choose (scroll down to find out more!)
- Card activation is possible via phone and online.
- It covers transactions up to $10 if you lack sufficient funds in your account.
- You can use the card at ATMs as well!
Apply For a Netspend Card – Step By Step Guide
Netspend card is available online and you just need to fill in an application so the bank can look into it and, hopefully, send you the approval. Let’s see how its done.
- You need to have a government ID, SSN, and be 18 years or older to apply and activate the card.
- Open Netspend official application online.
- Provide the necessary information like your full name, contact address, email ID, etc.
- Select the method through which you wish to receive the deposit (paychecks, tax refund, government benefit, others).
- Finish the application and wait for the card to be delivered to you.
Luckily, Netspend card comes free of cost and there are not application fees either. However, you might have to wait up to 10 days to obtain the debit card.
Moreover, like other card activation process, you need to activate Netspend prepaid debit card or else, you won’t be able to initiate any transfer.
Netspend Card Fees
The fees associated with your Netspend account depend on which plan you have subscribed to.
Pay-As-You-Go plan fee is $0 as compared to $9.95 that monthly plan would cost you. Below is a quick summary of what you should know about certain charges as per the plan of your choice.
|Charges per transaction||$2.00||$0|
|ATM withdrawal fees||$2.50||$2.50|
|Cash Reload fees||$3.95||$3.95|
|Live customer service||$0.50||$0.50|
|Inactivity fee||$5.95 per month||$5.95 per month|
- Other charges may depend on the third-party platform that you use.
Is Netspend Card Safe to Use?
Whether it be online shopping at reliable websites or money transfer via apps that you trust, it is important to confirm that the platforms that you are using is secure.
- Fortunately, Netspend is a safe place for your money. It protects account with a private PIN and ensures that all your transaction history is only accessible to you.
Moreover, the app lets you activate alerts and notifications so you can keep an eye on unauthorized transactions.
How to Close Netspend Account Permanently
Netspend allows you to close your account if need be by calling 1-866-387-7363. However, it is recommended to remove all the funds before you decide to do that. Some ways to get this done include:
- Transfer all the funds from Netspend to other account like Cash App or PayPal.
- Remove the money using free ATM withdrawal.
- Request withdrawal via check but this would cost you $5.95. You would also have to wait a month to obtain the check.
- Use all the money to buy the goods you need online or through in-store shopping.
You might be interested in reading: How To Close Chime Account Permanently.
Customer Support Service and Help Desk
If you lose your Netspend card or it is stolen, your first line of action should be to have reported. You can call 1-866-387-7363 and have the card deactivated so nobody can mis-use it.
- Alternatively, you can open the Help section on Netspend official website and report your case.
Once the card is deactivated, you can apply for a new one. However, this process might cost you some extra dollars. Therefore, it is important to keep your card safe, safeguard the PIN, and never share important account number with others.
The Bottom Line
There are many ways through which someone can send money to Netspend account. You can choose the one that suits you best.
- Moreover, via Netspend Savings account, you can also put aside money and earn interest rate over time.
While you are available all these perks, make sure your online transactions and card use is safe and in case you lost it, report to the bank immediately so appropriate steps can be taken on time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Getting Money on Netspend Card
Can someone send me money to my Netspend card from their PayPal account?
Yes. It is possible to transfer funds to Netspend card from other account including PayPal. All you have to do is link PayPal to it and then confirm the transaction.
Does Netspend card work with Cash App?
You can send money from Cash App to Netspend but this transfer is not possible directly. Instead, you would need to link a bank account as a mediator to add funds to Netspend prepaid card.
Can I send money to someone else’s Netspend card?
Your friends and family can send money to your Netspend account if they have a Netspend card as well or other acceptable prepaid cards. The transfer is possible online through their account and it only takes a couple of minutes.
Can I transfer money to my Netspend card online?
Yes. It is possible to transfer the funds online by visiting the Account Center. You can transfer money to the card as well as to your Savings Account.