Online shopping offers substantial benefits to buying your favorite products by using different modes of payment like debit, credit card & reliable checking accounts. These days, shopping sites allow credit lines for cardholders to buy online and pay installments by using Affirm, Klarna & BNPL. Although popular, buyers still trust the method to shop online and pay with checking account instead.
- You can shop online and pay with checking account either through PayPal service, paper check or e-check. <
- To complete the payment via checking account Visit The Online Store > Add Product to Cart > Check Out > Choose Payment Via Checking Account > Provide Bank Details > Continue.
- Some leading stores that accepts checking account payments include Amazon, Best Buy, Macy’s, QVC, Target, etc.
…and Much More!
How Do You Shop Online and Pay With Checking Account?
Online shopping is convenient and fun! You can even pay for the shopping in installments over some time.
- When it comes to online shopping with a checking account, there are only a few things you need to learn, and the first one is how to transfer a check to an online store.
There are three methods to get this fantastic experience done.
- Link your checking account to your PayPal account and transact via PayPal.
- Use an electronic check.
- Mail a paper check to the company.
PayPal is a reliable and commonly used method of money transfer. The verification process is easy; therefore, many merchants use the PayPal service to accept buyers’ money.
Moreover, almost all online stores accept money transfers using account and routing numbers. If you have run out of other options, the choice of paper check or e-check still stands!
We will discuss how paper and electronic checks differ at the end of the article. Stay tuned!
If you are transferring funds from your checking account, keeping a copy of your receipt safe is wise. This will help you validate the purchase if you receive a defective product.
Where Can I Shop Online With Bank Account and Routing Number?
No credit card or debit card? No problem! You can conveniently shop online, purchase items from your favorite stores and then pay directly with checking account.
- Checking account numbers is already a popular approach to shopping online. It is allowed at almost all the major online retailers, such as Amazon or Best Buy.
You can transfer an electronic check or connect your account to PayPal to share the money by providing your full name and account number. Some companies can act as mediators when you are making an online payment.
Attention! Ensure you don’t share sensitive information on online shopping sites like credit card details.
- Open the websites of your choice that support payments via checking account
- Add the products you need to the shopping cart.
- At the checkout, choose the mode of payment, i.e., checking account via PayPal, e-check or paper check.
- Provide your bank account details and necessary information.
- Tap on Continue to complete the payment.
List of Online Stores That Accept Payment With Checking Account
Do you need to shop online and pay with a checking account? Here are a few reliable online stores with everything you want.
From clothes to electronic accessories and whatnot, Amazon is a hub of first-hand products with the best quality and much more. We only need to offer a little introduction since everyone in the US has already purchased here at least once.
- You can purchase online at Amazon.com and pay the due amount using your checking account number, which is impossible via PayPal.
- Instead, you must use an ACH-enabled US personal checking account to transfer funds to the online seller.
- You can do so by clicking the “Shipment and Payment” option and tapping “Add a Checking Account.” The following window will ask you to provide the routing/ABA code and account number.
- Afterward, you have to provide the name and address of the account holder along with a valid state ID number.
- Save the changes at the Amazon site and add products to your shopping cart.
Attention! As mentioned, the number should be of an ACH-enabled US personal account as any number from abroad will not be accepted. Similarly, savings account, corporate, or business bank account numbers are not taken.
If you’re user of Amazon Pay app & love to shop online, then it would be a relief to know that you can integrate the app directly with a checking account too!
We are already a huge fan of Target‘s fantastic shopping deals for everyone in a while. Customers shopping physically at a local store can pay via cash, gift cards, vouchers, or even rebate checks, but the story is a bit different when you wish to purchase online at Target.com.
- You must link your checking account to PayPal when paying online at Target. If you don’t have one at the time of shopping, then you will have to create a PayPal account first.
- Customers who have just enrolled in their PayPal account must wait at least five days before making a transaction. This is the time required by the authorities to verify your credentials and recheck the personal information that you have provided.
- Once that phase is completed, you will be notified via email.
- After you have added all the required things to the cart, click on PayPal as the payment method. Then, provide your login information and start paying for the purchase.
- Target and PayPal will send you confirmation mail regarding your payment, the amount you have transferred, and when the order will reach you.
Bloomingdale‘s online store lets you stay in touch with men’s and women’s fashion accessories, home appliances, toys, health care and beauty products, etc.
- Like shopping at Target.com, you must link your checking account to PayPal when paying online at Bloomingdale’s.
- It would help if you chose PayPal as a payment method, which will direct you to its login page.
- Provide login credentials and then complete the payment by clicking “Confirm” at the end of the process.
- Bloomingdale’s and PayPal will send you confirmation mail regarding your income.
- They will also confirm the amount you have transferred and when the order will reach you.
QVC Online Store
At the start of the article, we mentioned that transferring money with a checking account is possible by writing a paper check to the stores that accept it.
- QVC will let you pay via physical check after completing the online purchases.
- There is a “Check/Money Order” option at the checkout.
- Clicking on it will let you access an address where the paper check should be mailed.
- However, this should be done within 10 days of placing the order or the purchase.
- The delivery will be canceled if you cannot perform it within the given timeframe.
Best Buy has always stood out with quality electronic products and home appliances. These include mobile gadgets, phones, laptops, and televisions.
- Buyers who wish to pay using a checking account can do so using an eCheck.
- This does not require you to link your account to PayPal; it is also considerably faster.
- You have to obtain the eCheck number from your issuing account and then provide it to the merchant at the time of purchase.
- eCheck can take a couple of days to be processed
- Moreover, remember that the package will be delivered once the bill is cleared.
Abercrombie & Fitch
If you are into buying the latest clothing apparel, then Abercrombie & Fitch is an option you must have considered once in a while. It is most convenient to pay via PayPal at their online store.
- As with other e-stores, you can only do this once you have linked your checking account number to your PayPal account.
- Then, you can log in to PayPal and enter the account number to initiate the payment process.
- The payment should be quick, and only a few check points are involved.
- Both A&F and PayPal will send you confirmation mail regarding your income.
- They will also confirm the amount you have transferred and when the order will reach you.
This is our go-to store for the best quality digital and physical marketing products.
- Vistaprint‘s tools are pretty popular amongst website owners and relevant business people.
- Luckily, Vistaprint accepts eChecks.
- Transferring funds via eChecks is efficient and fast.
- You only need to obtain the eCheck number of your account from the issuing bank.
- The eCheck then needs to be provided at the time of the purchase.
Macy‘s is one of the American’s favorite stores whether you want to shop offline or online. If you wish to buy jewelry online with checking account number then this should be your stop! You will find its regular customers even outside the US.
- Buyers can quickly transfer their purchase cost to Macy’s by using a checking account number linked to PayPal.
- You must select this option when checking out and then click on PayPal.
- This would direct you to the PayPal login page, where you must provide details.
- Then, when the payment is initiated, PayPal will send you a confirmation message.
- Macy’s will also confirm the order.
Nordstrom local stores often have great deals and epic seasonal sales occasionally.
- If you are shopping online, you can transfer the payment via eCheck.
- Obtain the eCheck number from your issuing bank and then provide it at the checkout portal.
- The order will be processed once the bill is cleared, so you might have to wait a while for the package to reach you.
- The eCheck does take a couple of days to be processed.
- If there are further delays, we recommend you contact the customer support team for guidance.
Whether you wish to avail crazy deals on dresses or shoes or buy fun toys for your kids, there’s always a little something for everyone at Overstock.com.
- You can pay here by giving out an eCheck.
- Moreover, connecting your checking account with PayPal service is unnecessary.
- Just ensure you have the valid eCheck number provided by the bank.
- The requirements need to be double-checked before you place the order.
- There are no additional charges for availing this service.
What Stores Can I Pay With a Check Online (Electronic Checks)
Most customers are comfortable paying via credit cards when purchasing online. This is also because this mode of payment is widely acceptable. However, a few stores will let you pay through electronic checks.
Did You Know? eChecks are also known as online checks, internet checks, or direct debit. They employ ACH to transfer funds from a checking account to a merchant’s business account.
Below, we have compiled a list of online stores that accept eChecks through PayPal or bank transfers.
The Amazon is open to payment using eCheck via bank transfer.
Once you have proceeded to the payment stage of checking out, you can locate a button that says “Add a Checking Account.” Click on it and then pay with routing number and account number by providing full name, contact address, etc.
You can pay here using eCheck via PayPal. You have to select the PayPal option at the checkout. Moreover, if you still need to add it to your list of payment methods, call (800) 299-9470 and set up a personal check payment.
This online store accepts eCheck via bank transfer as well as PayPal.
You can pay here using eCheck via PayPal. Customers also have the option to pay via physical check by calling (800) 951-3386. When you contact their representative, the team will guide you on proceeding with payment via paper check.
Walmart takes online payment through the PayPal eCheck service and via physical checks.
You can choose the payment plan at the checkout. If you decide to pay via cash, you must click “Pay With Cash” and visit the closest Walmart store to clear the dues. The order will be shipped to you after the payment is made.
eBay also takes online payments via the PayPal eCheck service. However, the options you have may differ from one seller to another. Some only opt for personal statements; you will see this in the payment options list.
Once you have added the required things to the cart, check out and click on PayPal there. You will be informed of the total price of purchase that you can pay via check or bank transfer.
Vistaprint accepts eCheck via PayPal or a paper check sent through the mail. Both options will be available once you are at the checkout. The method of completing the purchase via paper check will be explained to you on-site.
Note! You can only mail a paper check if you purchase stuff over $10.
Steps To Obtain Your Checking Account Number
You will obtain the checking account number as soon as you open the account. Moreover, you can transfer money from the checking account once you have the required number.
However, obtaining this information over the phone is impossible for security reasons. You can get it by visiting a local bank office with validation documents.
The exact number can also be printed on the monthly statement or the left corner of a check. A check typically contains both a routing number and a checking account number.
Another method is to obtain it online by logging in to your bank account. Once you are on the website, you can find the checking account number on the right side of the page.
Risks To Keep In Mind When You Are About To Shop Online and Pay With Checking Account
Paying with a checking account when shopping online is a reliable and comfortable mode of payment. However, online transactions come with several risks.
The most evident of these is the fear of data theft. Privacy breaches during online transactions have been on the rise, and if you end up providing your data to untrustworthy websites, they might sell it to third parties without your permission. That is why it is essential only to make transactions via trusted sites.
Next, you will have to cater to the risks of malware attacks. This could also result in loss of password, so always choose a potent combination that is difficult to guess.
The only way to keep yourself completely safe while shopping online is to avoid doing so through questionable links.
Many parties claim to be genuine and collect sensitive information from you, like your checking account number. Always look into reviews of online sellers before proceeding with the purchase.
How To Keep Your Checking Account Number Secure
It would help to remember several tips to ensure your account and routing numbers stay safe during transactions. Let’s discuss some of these below.
First, ensure you never share your account number and keep the details to yourself as much as possible.
There are many scammers out there who excel in misusing the information to make fraudulent transactions.
Pro-Tip! While making online payments, only provide your account number during the transaction, and ensure you are on a reliable website. In no case should you share account details over a phone call.
Another way to keep yourself from a mishap is to update your software regularly.
This ensures that the device will be equipped with the latest security protocols, which are more reliable in screening unlawful parties and activities.
Lastly, you should avoid using computers that multiple people have access to. This is especially true for public computers and devices, most of which tend to store information such as passwords that endanger your security.
When you log in from a new device, the browser will ask if you wish to save the password and user ID for quicker access next time.
Never click “Remember Me” and log out carefully once you are done.
e-Checks and Paper Checks – In a Nutshell
There are a lot of fundamental differences between electronic checks and paper checks.
You will find one of the typical ways of creating an eCheck in several discount stores.
They run a simple paper check through an electronic reader. The device will extract your account information, and the payment will be deducted from your bank account.
The funds will be deducted from your account immediately, whereas the paper check will be returned at the counter.
Some businesses rely on eChecks alone and do not need you to submit a physical paper check. They can formulate one using your bank account information if you allow.
What about basic paper checks, then? This paper will contain the account holder’s name, address, contact number, license number, bank name, bank number, bank phone number, etc.
It would also contain routing and checking account numbers, which will be used to make the money transaction.
This combination of numbers is essential as it ensures the funds are transferred from and to the correct account.
In contrast to eCheck, paper checks need to be filled manually. The account owner will add information such as name, date of issue, amount, and signature. It is also mandatory to add a memo line at the end.
Note! The Memo line allows the signer to notify the purpose for which the check is being given out.
Are eChecks Better Than Paper Checks?
This story has many sides, so it is hard to draw a final verdict. How about you read through the pros and cons, and we will let you decide which is better?
- e-Checks Work Faster
E-checks are processed faster than paper checks since the information is transferred digitally within seconds.
- They Are Safer As Well
For an electronic funds transfer to be successful, the money should be present in the account when the bill is issued. This reduced the chances of fraud and bad checks.
- Electronic Statements Are Competitive
eChecks eliminate the need for printing, mailing, and subsequent handling charges. Therefore, they are more acceptable to many businesses.
- Paper Checks Are Difficult to Maintain
If you regularly issue paper checks, you must keep track of your bank account, each running check, remaining balance, etc. It is also common to see paper checks with the wrong sum of money written down that could incur considerable overdraft charges.
- Paper Checks Are Also Unsafe
It would help if you found out who will handle the check you give. Whosoever inspects the paper check will have access to most of your sensitive information. With growth in digital payments, the cases of scams are growing as well. Therefore, it is crucial to be aware of safest way to pay now!
The Bottom Line
We included all the tips to ensure you safely use your checking account to complete online shopping. Your experience might vary from other buyers, so always try out several different online stores to see which one works better for you.
If we come across more options, we will update this post immediately, so stay tuned and remember to share your online purchase experience with us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I order food online with checking account near me?
Majority of the restaurants now take direct payments for online orders. However, you should check out third-party services like GrubHub for the best experience.
What are my options for shopping online and paying with my checking account?
This mode of payment has become quite popular, so you can avail of it at several online stores. This includes Amazon, Google Express, Best Buy, Macy’s, Vistaprint, etc.
Can I place an online order for food and pay with a checking account?
Yes! Buying food from online sellers and paying with a bank account is possible.
Can you withdraw money using the account number?
You can withdraw money at an ATM using your account number. However, there may be extra fees involved in doing so.
Does Walmart accept payments with a checking account?
Yes. Walmart has recently started to accept eChecks. It is one of the first prominent online merchants to have allowed eCheck payment.
Does Walmart Pay work with checking account?
Walmart Pay app can be linked with a credit card, debit card or a gift card for quick transactions. However, you can directly connect it to a bank account.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.