Something like convenient online shopping at different stores should not be meant for cardholders only therefore now you can shop online and pay with checking account and we will show you how that works!
- You can shop online and pay with checking account either through PayPal service, paper check or e-check. <
- To complete the payment via checking account Visit The Online Store > Add Product to Cart > Check Out > Choose Payment Via Checking Account > Provide Bank Details > Continue.
- Some leading stores that accepts checking account payments include Amazon, Best Buy, Macy’s, QVC, Target, etc.
…and Much More!
How Do You Shop Online and Pay With Checking Account?
Online shopping is convenient and fun really! You can even choose to pay for the product in installments over a period of time.
- When it comes to online shopping with checking account, there are only a few things that you need to learn and the first one is how to transfer a check to an online store.
Apparently, there are three methods to get this amazing experience done.
- Link your checking account to PayPal account and make the transaction via PayPal.
- Use an electronic check.
- Mail a paper check to the company.
PayPal is a reliable and commonly used method of money transfer. The verification process is easy and therefore, many merchants use PayPal service to accept money from buyers.
Moreover, almost all online stores accepts transfer of money using account number and routing number. If you have run out of all other other options, the choice of paper check of e-check still stands!
We will talk more about how paper check and electronic checks differ at the end of the article. Stay tuned!
If you are transferring funds from your checking account, it is smart to keep a copy of your receipt safe. This will help you validate the purchase in case you receive a defected product.
Online Shopping With Bank Account Number
No credit card or debit card? No problem! You can conveniently shop online, purchase items from your favorite stores, and even buy gifts cards then pay with bank account number.
- Checking account number is already a popular approach to shopping online. It is allowed at almost all the major online retailers such as Amazon or Best Buy.
You can either transfer an electronic check or connect your account to PayPal to transfer the money simple by providing the full name and account number. There are also some company that can act as mediators when you are making an online payment.
Attention! Make sure you don’t share any sensitive information on online shopping sites such as credit card details.
- Open the websites of your choice that support payments via checking account
- Add the products you need to the shopping cart.
- At the checkout, choose the mode of payment i.e. checking account via PayPal, e check or paper check.
- Provide your bank account details and necessary information.
- Tap on Continue to complete the payment.
List of Online Stores That Accept Payment With Checking Account
Yo need to set to shop online and pay with checking account? Then here are a few reliable online stores that have everything you might be looking for.
From clothes to electronic accessories and what-not, Amazon is a hub of first-hand products with best quality and much more. We don’t need to offer much introduction since everyone in the US have already made a purchase here at least once.
- You can purchase online at Amazon.com and pay the due amount using your checking account number but this is not possible via PayPal.
- Instead you will have to use ACH-enabled US personal checking account in order to transfer funds to the online seller.
- You can do so by clicking on “Shipment and Payment” option and tapping “Add a Checking Account”. The next window will ask you to provide routing number/ABA code and account number.
- Afterwards, you have to provide the name and address of the account holder along with a valid state ID number.
- Save the changes at the Amazon site and proceed to adding products to your shopping cart.
Attention! As we have mentioned before the number should be of ACH-enabled US personal account as any number from abroad will not be accepted. Similarly, savings account, corporate, or business bank account number are not accepted.
We are already a huge fan of amazing shopping deal that Target offers us every once in a while. Customers are shopping physically at a local store can pay via cash, gift cards, vouchers, or even rebate checks but the story is a bit different when you wish to purchase online at Target.com.
- You have to link your checking account to PayPal when paying online at Target. If you don’t have one at the time of shopping then you will have to create a PayPal account first.
- Customers who have just enrolled their PayPal account need to wait at least 5 days before making a transaction. This is the time required by the authorities to verify your credentials and recheck the personal information that you have provided.
- Once that phase is completed, you will be notified via email.
- After you have added all the required things to the cart, click on PayPal as the method of payment. Then provide your login information and start paying for the purchase.
- Both, Target and PayPal, will send you confirmation mail regarding your payment, the amount you have transferred and when the order will reach you.
Bloomingdale’s online store lets you stay in touch with men and women’s fashion accessories, home appliances, toys, health-care and beauty products, etc.
- Similar to shopping at Target.com, you have to link your checking account to PayPal when paying online at Bloomingdale’s.
- You should choose PayPal as method of payment which will direct you to its login page.
- Provide login credentials and then complete the payment by clicking on “Confirm” at the end of the process.
- Both, Bloomingdale’s and PayPal, will send you confirmation mail regarding your payment.
- They will also confirm with you the amount you have transferred and when the order will reach you.
QVC Online Store
At the start of the article, we mentioned that it is also possible to transfer money with checking account by writing a paper check to the stores that accept it.
- QVC will let you pay via physical check when you are done with the online purchases.
- There is a “Check/Money Order” option at the checkout.
- Clicking on it will let you access an address where the paper check should be mailed.
- However, this should be done within 10 days of placing the order or the purchase.
- If you are not able to perform it within the given timeframe, the delivery will be cancelled.
Best Buy has always stood out with quality electronic products and home appliances. These include mobile gadgets, phones, laptops, televisions, and much more.
- Buyers who wish to pay using checking account can do so using an eCheck.
- This does not require you to link your account to PayPal and it is considerably faster as well.
- You have to obtain the eCheck number from your issuing account and then provide it to the merchant at the time of purchase.
- eCheck can take a couple of days to be processed
- Moreover, keep in mind that the package will be delivered to you once the bill is cleared.
Abercrombie & Fitch
If you are into buying latest clothing apparel then Abercrombie & Fitch is an option you must have considered once in a while. It is most convenient to pay via PayPal at their online store.
- As with other e-stores, you can only do this once you have linked your checking account number to PayPal account.
- Then you can log in PayPal and enter the account number to initiate the payment process.
- The payment itself should be quick and there are not a lot of check point involved.
- Both, A&F and PayPal, will send you confirmation mail regarding your payment.
- They will also confirm with you the amount you have transferred and when the order will reach you.
This is our go-to store when we wish to have best quality digital and physical marketing products.
- Vistaprint’s tools are quite popular amongst website owners and relevant businessmen.
- Luckily, Vistaprint accepts eChecks besides reliable credit cards payments.
- Transferring funds via eChecks is efficient and fast.
- You only need to obtain eCheck number of your account from the issuing bank.
- The eCheck then needs to be provided at the time of the purchase.
Macy’s is one of the American’s favorite store whether you want to shop offline or online. In fact, you will finds its regular customers even outside the US.
- Buyers can easily transfer their purchase cost to Macy’s by using checking account number linked to PayPal.
- You have to select this option when checking out and then click on PayPal.
- This would direct you to PayPal login page where you have to provide details.
- Then PayPal will send you a confirmation message when the payment is initiated.
- Macy’s will also confirm you about the order.
Nordstrom local stores often have great deals to present along with epic seasonal sales from time to time.
- If you are shopping online, you can transfer the payment via eCheck.
- Simply obtain the eCheck number from your issuing bank and then provide it at the checkout portal.
- The order will be processed once the bill is cleared so you might have to wait a while for the package to reach you.
- The eCheck does take a couple of days to be processed.
- If there are further delays, we recommend you get in touch with the customer support team for guidance.
Whether you wish to avail crazy deals on dresses or shoes or you want to buy fun toys for your kids, there’s always a little something for everyone at Overstock.com.
- You can pay here by giving out an eCheck.
- Moreover, there is no need to connect your checking account with PayPal service.
- Just make sure that you have the valid eCheck number provided by the bank itself.
- The requirements need to be double checked before you place the order.
- There are no additional charges for availing this service.
List of Online Stores That Accept Electronic Checks
Most customers are comfortable paying via credit cards when purchasing online. This is also because this mode of payment is widely acceptable. However, there are a few stores that will let you pay through electronic checks.
Did You Know? eChecks are also known as online checks, internet checks, or direct debit. They employ ACH to transfer funds from a checking account to merchant’s business account.
Below we have compiled a list of online stores that accept eChecks either through PayPal transfer or bank transfer.
The Amazon is open to payment using eCheck via bank transfer.
Once you have proceeded to payment stage of checking out, you will be able to locate a button that says “Add a Checking Account”. Click on it and then provide the routing number, account number, your full name, contact address, etc.
You can pay here using eCheck via PayPal. You have to select the PayPal option at the checkout. Moreover, if you have not yet added it to your list of payment methods then you will have to call (800) 299-9470 and set up a personal check payment.
This online store accepts eCheck via bank transfer as well as PayPal.
You can pay here using eCheck via PayPal. Customers also have the option to pay via physical check by calling (800) 951-3386. When you get in touch with their representative, the team will guide you on how to proceed with payment via paper check.
Walmart takes online payment through PayPal eCheck service as well as via physical checks.
You can choose the payment plan at the check out. If you decide to pay via cash then you have to click on “Pay With Cash” and visit the closest Walmart store to clear the dues. The order will be shipped to you after the payment is made.
eBay also takes online payment via PayPal eCheck service. However, the options you have may differ from one seller to another. Some only opt for personal statement and you will see this in the payment option list.
Once you have added the required things to cart, proceed to check out and click on PayPal there. You will be informed of the total price of purchase that you can pay either via check or bank transfer.
Vistaprint accepts eCheck via PayPal or a paper check sent through mail. Both the options will be made available to you once you are at the checkout. The method of complete the purchase via paper check will be explained to you on site.
Note! You can only choose to mail a paper check if you are purchasing stuff over $10.
Steps To Obtain Your Checking Account Number
You will obtain the checking account number as soon as your open the account. Moreover, you will be eligible to transfer money from checking account once you have the required number.
However, it is not possible to obtain this information over phone call due to security reasons. You can obtain it by visiting a local bank office with validation documents.
The same number can also be found printed on top of the monthly statement or on the left corner of a check. A check typically contains both, routing number and checking account number.
Another method is to obtain it online by logging in your bank account. Once you are on the website, you can find the checking account number at right side of the page.
Risks To Keep In Mind When You Are About To Shop Online and Pay With Checking Account
Paying with a checking account when shopping online is a reliable and comfortable mode of payment. However, online transactions come with a number of risks.
Perhaps the most evident of these is the fear of data theft. Privacy breach during online transactions have been on the rise and if you end up providing your personal data to untrustworthy websites, they might sell it to third-parties without your permission. That is why it is extremely important to only make transactions via trusted sites.
Next you will have to cater to the risks of malware attacks. This could also result in loss of password so always choose a combination that is strong and difficult to guess.
The only way to keep yourself completely safe while shopping online is to avoid doing so through questionable links.
Many parties claim to be genuine and collect sensitive information from you like your checking account number. Always look into review of online sellers before proceeding with the purchase.
How To Keep Your Checking Account Number Secure
There are a number of tips that you should keep in mind to ensure that your account number and routing number stays safe during transaction. Let’s discuss some of these below.
First of all, make sure you never share your account number and keep the details to yourself as much as possible.
There are many scammers out there who excel in misusing the information to make fraudulent transactions.
Pro-Tip! While making online payments, only provide your account number during the transaction and make sure you are on a reliable website while doing so. In no case should you share account details over a phone call.
Another technique to keep yourself away from a mishap is to update your software as regularly as possible.
This ensures that the device will be equipped with latest security protocols which are more reliable in screening unlawful parties and activities.
Lastly, you should avoid using computers that multiple people have access to. This is especially true for public computers and devices, most of which tend to store information such as passwords that endangers your security.
Mostly when you log in from a new device, the browser will ask you if you wish to save the password and user ID for quicker access next time.
Never click on “Remember Me” and log out carefully once your are done.
e-Checks and Paper Checks – In a Nutshell
There are a lot of basic differences to understand between electronic checks and paper checks.
You will find one of the typical ways of creating an eCheck in a number of discount stores.
They run a simple paper check through an electronic reader. The device will extract your account information and the payment will be deducted thereafter from your bank account.
The funds will be deducted from your account right away whereas the paper check will be returned at the counter.
Some businesses rely on eChecks alone and therefore do not need you to submit a physical paper check. They can formulate one using your bank account information if you allow.
What about basic paper checks then? This piece of paper will contain account holder’s name, address, contact number, license number, bank name, bank number, bank phone number, etc.
Additionally, it would also contain routing number and checking account number which will be used to make the money transaction.
This combination of numbers is important as it ensures that the funds are transferred from and to the right account.
In contrast to eCheck, paper checks need to be filled manually. Information such as name, date of issue, amount, and signature will be added by the account owner. It is also mandatory to add memo line at the end.
Note! Memo line allows the signer to notify the purpose for which the check is being given out.
Are eChecks Better Than Paper Checks?
There are many sides to this story and therefore it is hard to draw a final verdict. How about you read through the following pros and cons and we will let you decide which one is a better choice?
- e-Checks Work Faster
e-Checks are processed faster than paper checks since the information is transferred digitally within seconds.
- They Are Safer As Well
In order for an electronic funds transfer to be successful, the money should be present in the account when the bill is issues. This reduced the chances of frauds and bad checks.
- Electronic Statements Are Competitive
eChecks eliminate the need for printing, mailing, and subsequent handling charges. Therefore they are more acceptable by many businesses.
- Paper Checks Are Difficult to Maintain
If you are regularly issuing paper checks, you will have to keep a track of bank account, each running check, remaining balance, etc. It is also common to see paper checks with wrong sum of money written down that could incur considerable overdraft charges.
- They Are Also Unsafe
There is no way to find out who will handle the check that you are giving out. Whosoever inspects the paper check will have access to most of your sensitive information.
The Bottom Line
We tried our best to include all the tips here to make sure you safely use your checking account to complete online shopping. Your experience might vary from other buyers so always try out a number of different online stores to see which one works better for you.
If we come across more option, we would update this post right away so stay tuned and don’t forget to share your online purchase experience with us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are my options if I want to shop online and pay with my checking account?
This mode of payment has become quite popular so you can avail it at a number of online stores. This includes Amazon, Google Express, Best Buy, Macy’s, Vistaprint, etc.
Can I place an online order for food and pay with checking account?
Yes! It is possible to buy food from online sellers and pay with bank account.
Can you withdraw money using account number?
You can withdraw money at an ATM using your account number. However, there may be extra fees involved in doing so.
Does Walmart accepts payments with checking account?
Yes. Walmart has recently started to accept eChecks. In fact, it is one of the first major online merchant to have allowed eCheck payment.