Quickly need to make a domestic funds exchange? Look no further than Walmart to Walmart money transfer! It is a convenient, quick and easy way to send money: basically, everything you were looking for.
2.You can receive such a transaction by Walmart Store > Money Center > Transaction Reference Number > Verification > Obtain.
3.The money transfer fees vary depending on the amount of money that you are sending.
…and Much More!
All About Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Online
Walmart lets users transfer money either through the Walmart2Walmart method or by using MoneyGram.
- Walmart2Walmart is available for money transfers from anywhere in the US and Puerto Rico.
The locals typically use this money transfer technique to make domestic exchange of funds. All it needs is for you to visit a physical store near you and access the money centre.
Steps To Send Walmart 2 Walmart Money Transfer
It is simple to use this method to make a money transfer. However, you should check that you have all the necessary documentation and you are above 18 years of age.
- Visit the nearby Walmart location.
- Access the customer service desk or money centre.
- Show the required documents, including Driver’s ID, US/international passport, residency card, tribal ID, and military ID.
- Provide the amount of money to be sent and initiate the transfer.
You can also book a money order through the Walmart app. This is an excellent idea if you wish to avoid the long queue at the store.
Steps To Receive Wamart2Walmart Money Transfer
If you are at the receiving end of the money transfer, then you need to visit the Walmart money centre with the transaction reference number.
- The sender should share the transaction reference number with you after they initiate the payment.
- Visit the Walmart store.
- Access the money centre.
- Provide the transaction reference number to the person at the desk.
- Show your ID or verify through a security question/PIN.
- Obtain the cash delivery.
Transfers like this are available only in the form of cash and should reach you within 10 minutes of the transaction.
In case you don’t reach the money centre to obtain the transfer, Walmart will hold it for up to 2 months. Otherwise, it would be sent back to the person who initiated the transfer using the same payment method.
How To Use Walmart2Walmart For Domestic and International Transfers
You can use Walmart2Walmart directly for domestic transactions. It allows you to send money from a Walmart store to another Walmart or Bodega Aurrera store for pickup as long as the locations are within the US, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Additionally, you can also choose Western Union and cash MoneyGram services within the Walmart store to carry out a domestic transaction.
- Things work differently for international transfers.
Walmart offers Walmart2World service that allows you to send money to over 200 countries with a flat fee of $4 and competitive exchange rates. MoneyGram, Ria, or Western Union power the service.
You can also use Walmart2Walmart to send money with prices over $2.50 per transfer powered by Ria.
You might be interested in reading: Walmart Layaway Affirm.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Rates
The fee for the money transfer depends on how much you are sending through the money center.
|Amount of Transfer||Fee|
|Up to $50||$4|
|$51 to $1000||$8|
|$1001 to $2500||$16|
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Limits
The limit varies depending on the region in which you are utilizing the service.
- The limit is $499 per transaction in Arizona.
- The limitation in the rest of the US is $2500.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Requirements
There needs to be a long list of requirements to complete a money transfer at Walmart. However, there are a few things you must keep in mind.
- You have to provide a photo ID.
- Ensure that you are sharing a valid recipient name, address, and phone number.
- If you send the transfer through a debit card, ensure there are sufficient funds in the account.
Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer Time
You can go for a Walmart2Walmart money transfer between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. MoneyCenters often close before Walmart store does, so make sure you go timely.
In some cases, the money sent through Walmart will be available for pickup on the same. Typically, it can take up to 48 hours.
Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Tracking
You can track the money transfer by calling (855) 355-2144. Alternatively, you can visit the company’s “Track a transfer” page online.
- Open the Walmart app or visit the store website. Then click on the Transaction History section on the home page.
- Find the particular transaction that you want to track and click on it to view the current status.
If you suspect that there is anything wrong with the order or it is not supposed to take that long, you can get in touch with the customer care team at the same number that we have mentioned below.
How To Refund Walmart2Walmart Transactions
Fortunately, you can refund these transactions, but only under certain conditions.
- It is possible to refund the money if it still needs to be delivered. If the funds have reached the other account, you can not cancel the transfer.
So, if the money is still on hold, you can request a cancellation by calling the customer support department at 855 355-2144.
Typically, refunds are done using the same payment method as you had chosen for the transfer. However, the company may also issue a paper check under some circumstances.
In this case, it is normal for the procedure to take up to 10 days.
Why Is My Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Being Denied
Walmart-to-Walmart money transfers should generally proceed without any issues. However, if you are facing a problem, there are a number of fixes that you can try.
- Ensure that you have entered complete transfer information (send name, recipient name, transaction amount).
- Check that you are using a valid credit/debit card which has sufficient balance for the transfer.
- Keep in view the transaction limits for Walmart2Walmart transfers. You can only send up to $2,500 per transfer.
- The money transfer should be in accordance with federal and state regulations. It will be denied if it violates any term.
- Walmart’s system keeps a check on suspicious account activity and unusual transfers. Ensure that your account is not blocked for security purposes.
Walmart Money Transfer Customer Support Service Hours
The timings for the money transfer are the same as Walmart Center service or when the service desk is available.
This means you can avail it mostly between 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Visit Walmart’s official website for more information on MoneyCenter hours. You can also call RIA’s customer helpline at 1-855-355-2144 for help.
Pros and Cons of Walmart Money Transfer
There are some good and bad sides to choosing Walmart for a money transfer. Here’s what you need to keep in mind!
- Walmart stores are widespread and, therefore, easy to find.
- You can pick up the transfer within minutes.
- It is a highly convenient service for dedicated Walmart users.
- Walmart2Walmart money transfer is cheaper as compared to other transfer services.
- You can use Walmart money transfer services only when the store is operating, which can be restrictive.
- This mode of transfer only has a limited international reach as many global locations are not covered.
You might be interested in reading: Does Walmart Take Apple Pay?
Is Walmart To Walmart Money Transfer Safe?
It is a safe mode of transfer as long as you keep a few tips in mind. If you are new to this service, read the following best practices for secure transactions with Walmart2Walmart.
- Always use a secure internet connection when sending money.
- Do not share transaction details and tracking information with anyone.
- Confirm that you are entering the correct recipient’s details before the money transfer.
- Do not send money to any party you don’t personally know.
- Update your Walmart app regularly to get rid of bugs and glitches. This will also ensure that you get the latest security features.
Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer Alternatives
There are many options to explore if you are looking for quick and easy money transfer services. Below are the two most commonly used alternatives to Walmart2Walmart.
- Western Union
Western Union is a reliable option for money transfers, especially if you are looking for a broader range network of agents and locations that operate globally. Since Walmart2Walmart is a store-specific service, it is the best fit for Walmart users only. Western Union, on the other hand, is a convenient option you can utilize by visiting physical branches or using the mobile app.
MoneyGram is similar to Western Union in that it operates with a wide range of locations and offers a higher transaction limit as compared to Walmart2Walmart service.
You can use Walmart money transfer facilities at Walmart and Bodega Aurrera stores only, but MoneyGram is available as a standalone service at many other outlets.
The Bottom Line
There are only selective retail stores in the US that let you make convenient money transfers, and Walmart is on top of the list.
You can avail of Walmart2Walmart service at all locations nationwide. It is quick, so the funds will be made available to the recipient within 10 minutes. Isn’t that great?
Walmart money transfer services work great for domestic exchanges, especially if you happen to live near a Walmart store. However, you should look for an alternative if you want to send money internationally or want to transfer a large amount.
Frequently Asked Questions About Walmart to Walmart Money Transfer
What do I need to make a Walmart 2 Walmart transfer?
You need to visit the store and move to the assigned money centre. Here, you can grab a money transfer form and provide the information, such as the amount of money and the recipient’s name. Then, you need to choose the mode of payment, such as a debit card or credit card. That’s all!
Can I receive money from Walmart?
Yes! You can quickly and safely receive the funds sent to you through Walmart in all the US stores.
Can I get Walmart to Walmart funds without a verification ID?
Some identification is a must when you receive money from Walmart2Walmart. However, besides ID documents, you can also use a PIN or security question to pick up the money.
Can someone else pick up my money order from Walmart?
You can visit the customer care centre to add another person as an alternate pickup for your transfer.
What is the limit for money transfer at Walmart?
Walmart transfer limit varies depending on the region that you are utilizing the service in. The limit is $499 per transaction in Arizona, and in the rest of the US, it is $2500.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.