Emerald prepaid debit card can be used for swift online purchases, bill payments and much more but few customers are wondering can I transfer money from my Emerald card to a bank account? You can use the card to send money to a bank account and perform other sorts of bank-related transactions.
- H&R Block Emerald card helps customers with tax refund-related deposits.
- Obtain the card by Emerald Official Website > Financial Services > Emerald Card > Application Form > Necessary Data > Apply
- You can transfer money from the debit card to a bank account by Login Emerald > Add Bank > Enter Personal Information > Link Bank To Card > Transfer Funds.
Emerald Card – In a Nutshell
Emerald Card is issues by MetaBank for one basic purpose: To help cardholders deal with tax refund-related deposits.
You can use the card to make online payments, clear bills, shop at physical stores, withdraw cash at an ATM or utilize online banking via mobile app as well known as MyBlock.
- MyBlock lets you access funds online and carry out transactions with just a few click. You can use the app to view balance, transfer history, or contact customer support team.
Although it serves a variety of purposes, Emerald card is an absolute necessity for those who wish to receive H&R Block tax refund advance loans.
The company hands out loans, on easy terms, to eligible applicants at the start of every tax season. These comprise of 5 amounts ($250, $500, $750, $1250, $3500) available with $0 interest charges.
There are only a handful of reliable loan provider who offer considerable amounts without high interest rates. H&R Block then seems to be leading the race here!
Can I Transfer Money From My Emerald Card To A Bank Account?
This question has to be one of the biggest ambiguities that Emerald cardholders face. Most of them are under the impression that they can not move their Emerald card funds elsewhere.
Not true! You can transfer money from Emerald card to a linked bank account.
- The bank account needs to be linked to Emerald Card at the time of application. Moreover, it should be an active checking account.
If you haven’t done this before, here’s a quick guide on how you can complete the process without any hassle.
- Open your online Emerald account and login.
- Move to Add Bank section in the app.
- Click on fields that require bank details and share information such as account number or routing number.
- Tap on Continue to successfully link the card with your bank account.
After this, you can transfer funds to the account whenever needed. Similarly, you can link the card to someone else’s account and share money with them as well.
Get Funds Out of Emerald Card – Alternatives
If sending funds to a bank account is not an option but you still want to move them elsewhere from your card then there are 4 reliable alternatives that you can think about.
1. Cash Out At An ATM
Emerald Card is a Mastercard that you can use at any ATM that accepts Mastercard withdrawals. However, you would be required to pay $3 cash out fee.
2. Opt For a Cash Back At a Store
Use the card to shop at a physical store from where you can receive cash back upon payments. Fees for this sort of transaction are variable.
3. Request For a Check
If the amount you want to cash out is large then requesting for a check is a smart move. Ask for a one-time ACH to move money to a bank account securely.
You might be interested in reading: Stores that Take Personal Checks and eChecks.
4. Get Money Over The Counter
There are many financial institutions where you can show the card to get instant money over the counter. They may charge hefty transaction fee such as $35 per transfer. That is why we suggest readers to use ATM as a priority.
Send Money From Old Emerald Card To New One
There are many reasons why you would want to send the funds from your old Emerald card to a new one.
- Users shift funds when they find the task of money transfer to bank too time consuming or their old card is close to expiration date.
- Open your Emerald Card online account and login.
- Move to Menu option.
- Tap on Card to Card Transfer.
- Provide the card number of your new Emerald card.
- Tap Confirm to initiate the transaction.
How Can I Get Emerald Card?
Application process for this debit card is similar to applying for a credit card online.
- Visit Emerald card official website.
- Scroll down to find Financial Services. Under it you would be able locate Emerald Card. Click here.
- In the next window, follow the prompt, until you reach the application form.
- Provide the necessary detail such as contact information, social security number, tax refund amount of previous year, etc.
This would complete the process. If approved, the card should reach within 2 weeks. You can then activate it by calling 1-866-353-1266.
Will It Take Long For The Card to Reach You?
Delivery of Emerald card can take as long as any other debit or credit card. Typically, you would have to wait for up to 2 weeks.
On the other hand, joint cardholders may not have to wait this long. They will receive the card within 7 to 10 days.
Is It Safe To Use This Card For Money Transfers?
This is one of the biggest concerns for newbies who are wondering “Is my money safe in Emerald card?”
- The money in Emerald account is FDIC-insured, ATM transactions are guarded via PIN, and you can opt for instant account restriction on suspicious activity.
Emerald card holds money up to $250,000 per account as FDIC-insured funds. This means, even if the company crashes, it would reimburse up to this amount for account holder.
Moreover, each ATM money transaction or withdrawal required you to enter the secret password. This PIN comes with the card and you can change it as per your liking for further security.
Lastly, Emerald card issuing company stays top of its game to monitor the card usage. It can restrict or freeze an account if any suspicious activity is detected.
It is a temporary issue that you can resolve with a little help from customer support team. Similarly, you can also request card blocking or disable the account if you misplace the card or it is stolen.
The Limits For Emerald Card Money Transfers
There are limits for Emerald card money transfers although these are higher than most other cards that you will find in the market.
- The limit for ATM cash withdrawal is $3,000 per day.
- Limit for PIN transactions is set at $3,500 per day.
- The maximum amount you can use for signature transactions is $3,500 per day.
Fees For Emerald Card
There are some fees associated with Emerald Card that you need to keep in mind. Conversely, it has introduced some relaxations for the cardholders as well.
- Emerald Card does not carry any monthly fee neither does it charge for money transfers to bank account.
The fees that you need to pay would include:
- $3 for ATM cash withdrawal.
- $1.5 for ATM bank inquiry.
- $1 for mobile balance inquiry.
Moreover, Emerald offers tax preparation services as well that you can avail or decline as per your choice. If you opt for a federal refund, you would have to pay $39.99 for the procedure.
Lastly, if a user keeps the card idle for over 2 months, he will have to pay $4.95 as a monthly fee once he gets back to utilizing it.
The Use For Emerald Card Routing Number and Account Number
As is the case with other debit cards, such as Cash App card routing number and account number, Emerald card also comes with such necessary information.
The routing number for Emerald Card is 101089742.
These numbers are needed to enable direct deposits. You also need the account number and routing number for money transfers to the bank and when sending over money to a recipient.
- You can obtain the numbers from your online account or get in touch with customer care to get hold of them.
There is one thing you need to be careful about though!
If your account and routing number gets leaked, some scammers may use it to make unauthorized money transactions. Be careful about who you share sensitive information with.
Emerald Debit Card Expiry
Yes. The card does have an expiry date and you will be informed of it at the time of card issuing.
Once your old card expires, you can get a new one by contacting Emerald customer care center. In fact, it is possible to receive a new card even before the previous one runs out. This would save you any inconvenience especially if you make use of the card on daily basis.
Some Additional Notes For New Emerald Cardholders
- You must be 18 years or older to apply for this debit prepaid card.
- Emerald Card lets you shop online and at in-store.
- Application for the card or its use does NOT affect your credit score.
- You can immediately deactivate the card in case you lose it or it is stolen.
- Emerald debit card supports direct deposits.
- The card offers advance balance between $350 to $1000 depending on your credit score.
The Bottom Line
Emerald card provides a safe hub to save your FDIC-insured money. Moreover, you can transfer money from Emerald card to bank account without any additional charges which is a solid plus for any cardholder.
Although we hope that the information on this page was sufficient and answers the queries you came here with, any readers who are in need of further assistance can contact Emerald Card customer care center at 1-866-353-1266.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to send money from Emerald card to its online bank account?
Yes. You can send money from your debit card to Emerald account online by logging in at Emerald Card Online portal. The same transaction is also possible via ATM.
I want to cash out all my money from Emerald card. How?
Emerald Card can be used to take out money at ATM. Although you would have to pay some charges ($3.00 surcharge in addition to cash withdrawal fee), this method would let you take out money from your card immediately.
Can I send money from my Emerald Card to my Cash App account?
You can easily send money from Emerald card to Cash App by linking the prepaid card with the application’s online account. Then simply enter the amount you want to transfer and the transaction would be initiated right away.
Can you transfer money from Emerald Card to PayPal?
This transfer is possible only if you have linked both the accounts, Emerald and PayPal, to the same email ID or address.
Does Venmo accept money from Emerald prepaid card?
Yes. Venmo accepts money transfers from debit cards issued by Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. However, it can decline the transaction for some other reasons such as on a hint of fraud or funds unavailability.