Emerald prepaid debit card can be used for swift online purchases much like you do with a checking account. But a few customers are wondering if I can transfer money from my Emerald card to a bank account. You can use the card to send money to a bank account and perform other transactions.
- H&R Block Emerald card helps customers with tax refund-related deposits.
- Obtain the card by Emerald Official Website > Financial Services > Emerald Card > Application Form > Necessary Data > Apply
- You can transfer money from the debit card to a bank account by Login Emerald > Add Bank > Enter Personal Information > Link Bank To Card > Transfer Funds.
How To Transfer Money From Emerald Card To Bank Account?
This question has to be one of the most considerable ambiguities that Emerald cardholders face. Most of them are under the impression that they can not move their Emerald card funds elsewhere.
Not true! You can transfer money from an Emerald card to a linked bank account.
- The bank account must be linked to the Emerald Card at the time of application. Moreover, it should be an active checking account.
If this is your first time doing this, here’s a quick guide on completing the process without any hassle.
- Open your online Emerald card account and log in.
- Move to the Add Bank section in the app.
- Click on fields that require bank details and share information such as account number or routing number.
- Tap on Continue to successfully link the card with your bank account.
After this, you can transfer funds to the account whenever needed. Similarly, you can link the card to someone else’s account and share money.
Send Money From Old Emerald Card To New One
You would want to send the funds from your old Emerald card to a new one for many reasons.
- Users shift funds when they find money transfers to the bank too time-consuming or their old card is close to expiration.
- Open your Emerald Card online account and log in.
- Move to the Menu option.
- Tap on Card to Card Transfer.
- Provide the card number of your new Emerald card.
- Tap Confirm to initiate the transaction.
Is It Safe To Use This Card For Money Transfers?
This is one of the biggest concerns for newbies who wonder, “Is my money safe in Emerald card?”
- The money in the Emerald account is FDIC-insured, ATM transactions are guarded via PIN, and you can opt for instant account restriction on suspicious activity.
Emerald card holds money up to $250,000 per account as FDIC-insured funds. This means even if the company crashes, it would reimburse up to this amount for the account holder.
Moreover, each ATM money transaction or withdrawal requires you to enter a secret password. This PIN comes with the card; you can change it as you like for further security.
Lastly, Emerald card issuing company stays on top of its game to monitor card usage. It can restrict or freeze an account if any suspicious activity is detected.
It is a temporary issue you can resolve with some help from the customer support team. Similarly, you can request card blocking or deactivate the account if you misplace the card or it is stolen.
The Limits For Emerald Card Money Transfers
There are limits for Emerald card money transfers, although these are higher than most other cards in the market.
- The limit for ATM cash withdrawal is $3,000 per day.
- The limit for PIN transactions is set at $3,500 per day.
- The maximum amount you can use for signature transactions is $3,500 daily.
Fees For Emerald Card
There are some fees associated with the Emerald Card that you need to keep in mind. Conversely, it has introduced some relaxations for the cardholders as well.
- Emerald Card does not carry any monthly fee or charge for money transfers to the bank account.
The fees that you need to pay would include:
- $3 for ATM cash withdrawal.
- $1.5 for ATM bank inquiry.
- $1 for mobile balance inquiry.
Moreover, Emerald offers tax preparation services that you can avail of or decline as per your choice. If you opt for a federal refund, you must pay $39.99 for the procedure.
Lastly, if a user keeps the card idle for over 2 months, he will have to pay $4.95 as a monthly fee once he gets back to utilizing it.
Where Can I Withdraw Money From My Emerald Card For Free?
Emerald cards can be used at various ATMs to withdraw cash, although the number of options you have for a free withdrawal is limited.
- MoneyPass and Alliance One Network are a few options that provide users with surcharge-free ATM use.
Get Funds Out of Emerald Card – Alternatives
If sending funds to a bank account is not an option, but you still want to move them elsewhere from your card, then there are 4 reliable alternatives that you can think about.
1. Cash Out At An ATM
Emerald Card is a Mastercard that you can use at any ATM that accepts Mastercard withdrawals. However, you would be required to pay a $3 cash-out fee.
2. Opt For a Cash Back At a Store
Use the card to shop at a physical store to receive cash back upon payments. Fees for this sort of transaction are variable.
3. Request For a Check
If the amount you want to cash out is large, then requesting a check is a smart move. Ask for a one-time ACH to move money to a bank account securely.
You might be interested in reading: Stores that Take Personal Checks and eChecks.
4. Get Money Over The Counter
There are many financial institutions where you can show the card to get instant money over the counter. They may charge hefty transaction fees, such as $35 per transfer. That is why we suggest readers to use ATM as a priority.
Emerald Card – In a Nutshell
MetaBank issues Emerald Cards for one primary purpose: To help cardholders deal with tax refund-related deposits.
You can use the card to make online payments, pay transparent bills, shop at physical stores, withdraw cash at an ATM or utilize online banking via a mobile app known as MyBlock.
- MyBlock lets you access funds online and conduct transactions with just a few clicks. The app can view your balance transfer history or contact the customer support team.
Although it serves various purposes, the Emerald card is necessary for those who wish to receive H&R Block tax refund advance loans.
On easy terms, the company hands out loans to eligible applicants at the start of every tax season. These comprise 5 amounts ($250, $500, $750, $1250, $3500) with $0 interest charges.
Only a few reliable loan providers offer considerable amounts without high interest rates. H & R Block then is leading the race here!
How Can I Get Emerald Card?
The application process for this debit card is similar to applying for a credit card online.
- Visit the Emerald card official website.
- Scroll down to find Financial Services. Under it, you would be able to locate Emerald Card. Click here.
- In the next window, follow the prompt until you reach the application form.
- Provide the necessary details such as contact information, social security number, tax refund amount of the previous year, etc.
This would complete the process. If approved, the card should arrive within 2 weeks. You can then activate it by calling 1-866-353-1266.
Will It Take Long For The Card to Reach You?
Delivery of Emerald cards can take as long as any other debit or credit card. Typically, you would have to wait for up to 2 weeks.
On the other hand, joint cardholders may not have to wait this long. They will receive the card within 7 to 10 days.
The Use For Emerald Card Routing Number and Account Number
As with other debit cards, such as Cash App card routing and account numbers, the Emerald card also has such necessary information.
The routing number for Emerald Card is 101089742.
These numbers are needed to enable direct deposits. You also need the account number and routing number for money transfers to the bank and when sending over money to a recipient.
- You can obtain the numbers from your online account or contact customer care to get hold of them.
There is one thing you need to be careful about, though!
If your account and routing number get leaked, some scammers may use it to make unauthorized money transactions. Be careful about who you share sensitive information with.
Emerald Debit Card Expiry
Yes. The card does have an expiry date, and you will be informed of it at the time of card issuing.
Once your old card expires, you can get a new one by contacting the Emerald customer care centre. It is possible to receive a new card before the previous one runs out. This would save you any inconvenience, primarily if you use the card daily.
Some Additional Notes For New Emerald Cardholders
- You must be 18 or older to apply for this debit prepaid card.
- Emerald Card lets you shop online and in-store.
- Application for the card or its use does NOT affect your credit score.
- You can immediately deactivate the card if you lose it or it is stolen.
- The emerald debit card supports direct deposits.
- The card offers an advance balance between $350 to $1000, depending on your credit score.
The Bottom Line
Emerald card provides a safe hub to save your FDIC-insured money. Moreover, you can transfer money from an Emerald card to a bank account without additional charges, which is a solid plus for any cardholder.
Although we hope that the information on this page was sufficient and answers the queries you came here with, any readers who need further assistance can contact the Emerald Card customer care centre at 1-866-353-1266.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you transfer money from Emerald to a Wells Fargo bank account?
Open the MyBlock app and link your Wells Fargo account by adding details such as the account number and routing number. Once the bank account is connected, you can swiftly transfer the money from your Emerald card to the report online.
How do you transfer money from an Emerald card to a bank account online?
Yes. You can send money from your debit card to your Emerald account online by logging in at the Emerald Card Online portal. The same transaction is also possible via ATM.
I want to cash out all my money from my Emerald card. How?
Emerald Cards can be used to take out money at ATMs. Although you would have to pay some charges (a $3.00 surcharge and a cash withdrawal fee), this method would let you immediately withdraw money from your card.
How do you transfer money from an Emerald card to a Cash App?
You can easily send money from the Emerald card to the Cash App by linking the prepaid card with the application’s online account. Then, enter the amount you want to transfer, and the transaction will immediately initiate.
Can you transfer money from Emerald Card to PayPal?
This transfer is possible only if you have linked both Emerald and PayPal accounts to the same email ID or address.
Does Venmo accept money from Emerald’s prepaid card?
Yes. Venmo accepts money transfers from debit cards issued by Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. However, it can decline the transaction for other reasons, such as a hint of fraud or funds unavailability.
What bank can I withdraw money from my Emerald card?
Most banks support Emerald card cash withdrawals through ATMs, including MoneyPass and Alliance One Network.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.