PayPal has become quite a famous payment method being used at restaurants, stores, booking of hotels and even various gas stations. Places that do not accept PayPal directly let you link the wallet with platforms like Samsung Pay to complete the transfer. If right now you are in the mood of bagging some nice clothes, here is a complete list of clothing stores that accept PayPal.
- Some of the leading online clothing stores that take PayPal include Adidas, Nike, Forever 21, GUESS, and SHEIN.
- You can also pay with PayPal at different brick-and-mortar stores but that requires you to link the wallet with Samsung Pay or Google Pay.
- There are some stores, online and physical, that do not accept PayPal such as AliExpress, Kohl’s, and Zappos.com
…and Much More!
Clothing Stores That Accept PayPal – By Category
Stores that host PayPal payment method simply need you to select this as your mode of payment at the check-out. Then you have to log in your account and complete the transaction as you would with any other PayPal money transfer.
You might be interested in reading: How To Borrow Money From PayPal.
This is easier to do so when you are shopping online. However, while shopping at physical stores, the check out may require you to link PayPal with Samsung Pay or Google Pay for successful payments. Below are the names of few clothing stores where you can use PayPal.
- Calvin Klein
- HUGO BOSS
- Marshalls Puma
- Urban Outfitters
- Forever 21
- Kate Spade
- Ralph Lauren
- Lou & Grey
- T.J. Maxx
- Marc Jacobs
- Famous Footwear
- Eastern Mountain Sports
- Fashion Nova
- Foot Locker
- Eddie Bauer
- Outdoor Voices
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Alternative Apparel
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Free People
- Amaryllis Apparel
- Dolls Kill
- The Children’s Place
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Brandy Melville
- Brooks Brothers
- Hot Topic
- Lululemon Athletica
- Rue La La
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Lane Bryant
- True Religion
- Sierra Trading Post
- Teen Hearts Clothing
PayPal payments are not restricted to online shopping only. You can use it physical stores as well. But, as we mentioned before, you must link it with Google Pay or Samsung pay for the transactions.
Following is the list of online stores that let you pay with PayPal connection to Google Pay. You can also choose to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal, if need be.
- Lady Foot Locket
- Victoria’s Secret
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Barneys New York
- Foot Locker
- Champs Sports
Similarly, you can link your PayPal account with Samsung Pay to clear bills at different brick-and-mortar stores. Some of these are listed below.
Attention! PayPal does not support Apple Pay so need to have a device that works with either of the two digital wallets discussed above.
Stores That Do Not Take PayPal
Unfortunately, there are some stores that do not take PayPal and so you have to use other methods of payment here when shopping. Knowing about these stores beforehand would be a good practice to save you from inconvenience later on.
- Old Navy
- Banana Republic
- Hill City
- Janie and Jack
- Plato’s Closet
How To Pay With PayPal at a Clothing Store or Elsewhere – Step By Step Guide
How you can pay with PayPal at a store, first of all, depends on where you are shopping: online or at a physical store. Moreover, it also depends on which PayPal tool you will be using to clear the bill.
- With PayPal account, you can utilize a PayPal Cash Card, PayPal Credit, or the digital currency.
PayPal Cash Card is perhaps the most commonly used method. It is simply a type of debit card that you can use online and for in-store shopping. The balance in your debit card would be the same as the PayPal account. You can use it withdraw cash at ATMs as well, if needed.
Attention! You can apply for the card online once you have an active PayPal account. It does not cost any additional charges and also does not require a credit check.
Another method is to use PayPal Credit that typically work with buy now pay later websites. Similar to cash card, there are no charges but the minimum order must be $99 to use this credit. Moreover, you must be above 18 years of age with good credit standing to be approved for PayPal credit.
- Some of the stores that accept PayPal credit are Bose, Michael Kors, Dyson, Ulta Beauty, Sephora, and New Balance.
The introduction of cryptocurrency to PayPal account is rather new so little can be said about this mode of payment yet. However, we do know that some tech giants now support transactions in bitcoin, ETH, and LTC so you can pay there via PayPal digital currency.
- You can use cryptocurrency to pay at Etsy, Rakuten, eBay, Overstock, and Starbucks.
Create PayPal Account – Step By Step Guide
If you are new to PayPal, then before you start to worry about the clothing stores that accept PayPal, there is a need to create PayPal account. Lucky for you, this should only take about a couple of minutes. Here’s what you need to do.
- Use your interest browser to visit PayPal official website.
- Click on sign up and then choose whether you which to create personal account or business account.
- Provide contact details such as email ID and choose a password for your account.
- Tap on the box next to “agree and continue”.
- Wait for PayPal to verify your information. Once the verification is complete, it would send you an email on the ID that you had provided. This should confirm that your account is set up.
- PayPal account is easy to set up and use.
- All the transactions are secure.
- PayPal works with more than 100 currencies around the globe.
- You can link it to various platforms.
- PayPal also offers Pay in 4 installment plan to make larger purchases easier on your pocket.
- PayPal availability may be limited in some regions.
- Fees for certain transactions is high.
- Customers have reported scams on PayPal.
- The customer support service is not up to the mark.
The best news? You can sign up with PayPal for free and the transactions that you make while shopping online or in-store do not carry any additional charges as well. However, there are certain types of money transfer with PayPal that would require you to pay additional fees.
- International payments with PayPal carry a currency conversion rate which may vary from 2.5% to 4% depending on where you are sending the money.
Moreover, if you are a merchant or an individual running retail business via PayPal, you have to pay charges for selling goods and services through this platform. Luckily, these are not high and should be generally less than 3.49% plus 0.49 cents.
Attention! PayPal official website will give you a better idea of the payment type and the rate that it carries.
The Bottom Line
PayPal is a highly secure platform to use for daily transactions and it supports international payments as well. Given all its perks, it only make sense that many people now prefer to use it while shopping.
- Although the list of clothing stores that accept PayPal is not yet as long as you would expect it to be, new names add up every day.
Therefore, we are hopeful to see larger number of stores catering to this payment method in the future. Till then, do not forget to consider stores that accept Apple Pay, Venmo, Amazon Pay, and personal checks as good alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there clothing stores where I can pay with PayPal?
Yes. You can pay with PayPal at various clothing stores including Forever 21, Frye, Adidas, Nike, Kate Spade, etc.
Is it possible to use PayPal at Amazon.com?
Unfortunately, Amazon does not support transactions via PayPal. You can, however, use PayPal cash card here. Another method is to utilize PayPal account to buy Amazon gift card and then make the purchases here.
Can you pay at Walmart with PayPal?
PayPal payments are accepted at Walmart. You can simply choose to pay with your account at Walmart or link the digital wallet to Walmart app for hassle-free transactions.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.