Amazon gift card is a great tool whether you want to shop at the store yourself or gift it to someone else. You can purchase the gift card easily but most customers are still wondering if they can convert Amazon gift card to PayPal or bank account.
- You can not transfer Amazon gift card balance directly to PayPal.
- It is possible to convert Amazon gift card to PayPal by Open account > Wallet > Link Debit/Credit card > Link a Card Manually > Amazon gift card information > On-screen instructions > Finish.
- You can not transfer Amazon gift card balance to bank account but you can use it to make purchases directly at Amazon.
…and Much More!
Can You Convert Amazon Gift Card To PayPal
If you are thinking about sending Amazon gift card balance directly to PayPal, it may not be possible at all. However, you do have the option of adding the card to PayPal wallet to make payments through it at Amazon.com.
Alternatively, you can also use the gift card to pay for the purchases at the Amazon store. This can be done without linking it to PayPal or any other mobile wallet. We have talked about both of these methods below.
You might be interested in reading: Buy Visa Gift Card With PayPal.
Convert Amazon Gift Card Balance To PayPal – Step By Step Guide
Here’s a quick guide on how you can add Amazon gift card to PayPal. Keep in mind that you can use the same procedure to deal with American Express, MasterCard, and Discover cards as well.
- Open your PayPal account by providing the right credentials.
- Then click on Wallet on the main screen and tap on Link a Debit or Credit Card.
- On the next page that opens, click on Link a Card Manually.
- Then you have to provide all the required information for the Amazon gift card such as the card number, expiry date, etc.
- The screen would then show some instructions that you have to follow in order to complete the process.
Transfer Amazon Gift Card To Bank Account
Although this is a commonly asked question, we have not been able to find a definite answer to this. Most reliable sources have shared that you can not transfer gift card balance to bank account.
- Majority of the banks do not support Amazon gift card as payment method.
Therefore, you will not be able to transfer the balance as such. On the other hand, some say that third-party platforms like CardCash can be used to transfer money from prepaid gift cards to bank accounts.
Turn Amazon Gift Card Balance Into Cash
The only way to convert Amazon gift card to cash is by using it to make a payment. So to say, you can not redeem gift card balance as cash directly.
You can, however, use it to buy something at Amazon store and pay for it instead of utilizing cash.
You might be interested in reading: Can You Add Gift Card To Cash App?
The Bottom Line
Although you can add money Amazon gift card as payment method to PayPal, the best way to utilize the card is to have it make payments directly. This is applicable to all purchases at Amazon store. Similarly, you can check out other gift cards at HEB, Shein, Scheels, Ross, or Redbox for more online and offline shopping spots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to convert Amazon gift card to PayPal?
You can not send the gift card balance to PayPal directly. However, you can add it as a payment method to PayPal wallet using the app. You can also use it to make direct purchases at Amazon.com.
Can I redeem Amazon gift card balance as cash?
No, you can not convert the balance to cash but you can use the gift card in place of cash when you purchase something at Amazon.
Can I transfer money from Amazon account to bank account?
Most bank accounts do not support transfers from Amazon account or Amazon gift card. Your best bet is to use the card for purchases directly.
Can I add money to my PayPal account from gift card?
Yes, you can do this by opening your PayPal account and clicking on Link a Debit/Credit Card. Then click on Link Card Manually and provide the card information that you wish to add. After you are done, recheck the data and tap on Link Card to finish the process.
Cassidy Horton is freelance finance base research writer and published hundred of articles on money, banking, loan and more. Her work is published authority finance site on Forbes, Money Under30, NerdWallet and many other finance brands. Further she is considered financial expert by MSN, LegalZoom & Consolidated Credit.