Whether you want to get a device fixed or buy a new one, the first place that comes to our mind is Best Buy.
It is one of the biggest retail company that would do anything for decent customer experience. This brings us to a question, does Best Buy Take Apple Pay?
- Along with all other payment alternatives Best Buy does accept Apple Pay as one of their payment options in-store and on the website.
- All you need to do to use Apple Pay at Best Buy is Set up your Apple Pay > Click the home button twice > Hold your phone at the checkout terminal > Finish!
- Best Buy Credit Card and Best Buy Visa Card are also accepted by Best Buy.
…and Much More!
Does Best Buy Take Apple Pay?
Best Buy allows its customers to make payments through Apple Pay either in-store or on their website. However, as every good thing comes with some drawbacks, Apple Pay is no different.
- You are only allowed to use Apple Pay when you’ve opened their online website on Safari Browser.
This method of payment does not work when you’re using Google Chrome or any such browser.
Use Apple Pay at Best Buy Stores | Step-By-Step Guide
Before going to your nearest Best Buy or starting shopping online, make sure your Apple Pay account is fully activated and set up either on your iPhone or your Apple watch.
Consequently, you can add any credit card or debit that you want. Moreover, you can add the full details of the card manually or take a picture of the card instead.
Now, if you wish to use Apple Pay at Best Buy, all you need to do is follow the basic steps below.
- Press the home button placed on the right side of your Apple device, twice.
- This will take you to the Apple Wallet with all the desired credit or debit cards. Choose the card.
- Now place your Apple device in front of the checkout terminal. You will see a green color ‘tick’ sign or a ‘transaction confirmed’ message.
- Grab your items and go!
You might be interested in reading: Does Walmart Take Apple Pay?
Other Ways to Use Apple Pay At Best Buy
As mentioned above, in-store is not the only way you can use Apple Pay at Best Buy.
1. Curbside PickUp
Best Buy customers have three different options to use Apple Pay as their payment method when opting for Curbside pickup.
- Select the items through the online website and pay there using Apple Pay. You can later on go and pick up the items.
- You can pay on their app if you have downloaded it beforehand.
- If none of the above options work for you, you can select your items on their online website, and later pay for them at Best Buy when picking them up.
2. Online Site
The Best Buy online retailer’s website does accept Apple Pay but make sure you’re using the Safari Browser. Now you can stay at home and enjoy the newly released electronic devices!
3. Best Buy App
Although the Best Buy app allows its customers to use Apple Pay this option is only available for Apple devices and does not work for Android.
For Apple users, you just need to select the Pay with Apple Pay option after selecting your desired products.
Apple Pay Spending Limits At Best Buy
Apple Pay is quite famous and convenient for its ‘no limit’ policy. Nonetheless, the only limit you have to be aware of is your own account or the card that you are using.
Make sure you don’t spend more than what you have in your account or else you have to face the circumstances. Over-spending your credit card limit can pull down your credit score quickly.
Apple Pay Fees
Another plus point that led Apple Pay to this popularity is its ‘no fee’ policy. Apple Pay does not charge its users a single penny no matter how many times you use it in a day.
Be aware of any fee charged by your bank for transactions.
Other Payment Methods Accepted at Best Buy
This store did not take Apple Pay until a few years back when they started to accept it. This may be because they had a bunch of Apple Pay alternatives including their own ‘Store Card’ which included
- Best Buy VISA Card
- Best Buy Credit Card
On using any of the above-mentioned cards, customers can get a 5% cashback on each item bought.
This is not the only benefit! You can also earn rewards. Using the VISA card elsewhere for different purposes can get you a variety of rewards like 2% cash back for dining and groceries and 1% cashback for other transactions. Amazing cash back offers!
- Moreover, Best Buy VISA and Credit Cards also allow you to earn a voucher.
The Best Buy Credit Card can only be used to pay for items bought at Best Buy, unlike the Best Buy VISA Card which can be accepted anywhere for any shopping category, just like any other VISA Card.
Other than that, you can also use the following methods to purchase at Best Buy.
- Debit Cards
The Bottom Line
Apple Pay is the most convenient and fastest method to make payments and hence Best Buy accepts Apple Pay in-store, on the online website, or even in the app.
Best Buy also allows its customers to use other payment alternatives and provides benefits to them in form of cash back offers as well!
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple Payments At Best Buy
Is contactless payment available at Best Buy?
Yes, contactless payment like Apple Pay or even credit or VISA cards is accepted at Best Buy.
What is the best way to pay my Best Buy bill?
Four convenient ways are offered by Best Buy to make payments or to check your balance:
- Use your credit card or Apple Pay to make payment, Online.
- Or you can use the mail, to send your bill amount to the given address.
- You can call the Best Buy helpline number that is 1-888-574-1301.
- You can even text Best Buy on the following number 81964, type ‘PAY’, and send using the mobile number that is connected to your credit card.
Is Afterpay accepted by Best Buy?
No, Afterpay is not accepted by Best Buy due to their exclusive financing policy that just accepts credit cards and rental agreement options.
Is it safe to use Apple Pay to purchase items at Best Buy?
Apple Pay is a safe and secure platform that takes all the necessary precautions to make sure that your transactions complete smoothly.
Why is my Apple Pay not working at Best Buy?
This sort of problem can typically occur if you have nor properly added a credit card or debit card to Apple Pay Wallet. Moreover, the transaction may also be declines if you have don’t have sufficient funds in your account.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.