If you’re a Costco member or thinking about joining it, you might be wondering does Costco take Apple Pay as a mode of payment or not.
Over the last few years, this method of payment has grown in popularity, and many stores now accept it. About Costco, let’s find out!
- Costco does take Apple Pay along with other multiple forms of payments.
- Costco pharmacy, gas station and online stores accepts Apple Pay as well.
- Alternatives modes of payment include Visa card, debit card, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and ATM card.
…and Much More!
Does Costco Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Costco does accept Apple Pay in almost every store in the United States and Canada. However, Some Costco locations without an NFC scanner are unlikely to accept Apple Pay.
- Costco will only accept Visa debit or Visa credit cards that are linked to the Apple Pay wallet, when paying using Apple Pay in the United States.
Don’t forget to check out with Apple Pay the next time you purchase at a Costco warehouse!
What About Costco Gas Stations
Unfortunately, Costco gas stations in the United States do not accept Apple Pay with some locations accepting Apple Pay.
If the Costco gas station has a contactless (NFC) scanner and your Visa card is linked to your iPhone wallet, only then Apple Pay will be accepted as a valid method of payment for your purchase.
- The use of American Express cards is not permitted.
Nonetheless, the Citi Costco Anywhere Visa card, as well as all other Visa cards, most debit cards with PINs, and Costco gift cards, are all accepted.
You might be interested in reading: Gas Stations That Accept Apple Pay.
Apple Pay at Costco Pharmacy
Costco pharmacy does accept Apple Pay as a way of payment for your prescriptions. It can help you pick up and pay for your drugs quickly, easily, and securely.
- You must scan the QR code or have it scanned for you by the pharmacist.
- After that, you can pay for the prescription and complete the transaction.
- You can also use any coupons or discounts.
Can You Use Apple Pay for Costco Online Shopping?
Yes, you can use Apple Pay on their online store. It’s straightforward and quick to use at a Costco checkout terminal or booth.
Mobile payments at Costco are only possible if your account is linked to the correct credit or debit card. Costco, like most other businesses, has a contract or arrangement with a specific credit card issuer.
- In the United States, Visa is accepted, and in Canada, MasterCard is accepted. As a result, they will only take that credit card in their stores.
If you look at the types of payments they accept, you’ll see that only VISA cards are accepted in stores in the United States. As a result, payment using your mobile app must also go via VISA.
How To Pay at Costco Using Apple Pay – Step by Step Guide
Apple Pay is easier to here use than it is at most other grocery retailers. When you get to the checkout line, inform the cashier you’ll be paying with Apple Pay and place your phone near the NFC card reader to finish the transaction.
While using Apple Pay is simple, there are some differences in the procedures to take depending on whether you’re paying in-store, online, or through the app.
You might be interested in reading: Can You Use Apple Pay At ATMs?
Using Apple Pay with Face ID on an iPhone
- To use your default card, double-click the side button.
- Authenticate using Face ID or a passcode.
- Then, while holding your phone near the reader, wait for a checkmark to appear on the display.
Using Apple Pay with Touch ID on an iPhone
- Place your finger on the Touch ID button.
- Then, keep your phone close to the reader until the checkmark appears.
Using Apple Pay with an Apple Watch
- Double-click the side button to activate it.
- Then, with the display towards the reader, hold your Apple Watch close to the reader.
- When the transaction is complete, you will feel a mild buzz.
Using Apple Pay on a Computer
- To begin, make sure you’re signed in with your Apple ID on all of your devices.
- To complete the purchase, you’ll need your Apple Watch or iPhone.
- Turn your laptop or desktop’s Bluetooth on.
- Then, on the next screen, tap the Apple Pay button.
- Check that all of the information is correct, and then confirm the payment when you’re ready.
- Without the card reader, you’ll authenticate the payment the same way you do in stores, using Face ID, Touch ID, or your Apple Watch.
How to Make Payments with Apple Pay on the Costco App
- Choose Apple Pay as your payment method and double-check that all of the details are right.
- Then, using Face ID, Touch ID, or your Apple Watch, confirm your payment.
Alternatives to Apple Pay – Other Payment Options Accepted at Costco
Although Apple Pay is accepted, you may choose to pay for your purchases with a different way.
- Debit Card
- ATM Card
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
Costco accepts just Visa as a valid credit card for purchases. If you have another type of credit card, you won’t be able to use it to pay for things at the store. They do, however, take a variety of other debit cards.
- Costco will accept a debit card with a PIN as long as it has one. This holds true for ATM cards as well.
Because Costco’s NFC terminals are compatible with Apple Pay, they’ll also operate with Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
The Bottom Line
Mobile payments have revolutionized the way we pay for products, and they’ve even affected whether or not someone has to carry a wallet at all.
Apple Pay is not only accepted in Costco stores, but it can also be used to make payments online and through the app. The only time you can’t use it is when you go to a Costco gas station to buy gas.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure for using Apple Pay at Costco?
Apple Pay is easier to use at Costco than it is at most other grocery retailers. When you get to the checkout line, inform the cashier you’ll be paying with Apple Pay and place your phone near the NFC card reader to finish the transaction.
Is touchless payment accepted at Costco?
Costco chose contactless technology to improve the customer experience: it provided speed while maintaining the same dynamic security as the EMV® chip, which has been shown to reduce counterfeit fraud.
What types of payment are accepted at Costco Canada?
Costco accepts MasterCard Credit Cards, Visa debit cards, and Costco Shop Cards.
Is it possible to pay with your phone at Costco?
Costco has now announced that mobile wallet payments are now accepted. That’s how payment functions on smart phones like the Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and Android phones work.