The list of stores that let you use Apple Pay is long but we aren’t sure if Amazon is in there or not. Does Amazon take Apple Pay is a confusing question since the answer is both, yes and no.
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. You can not use Apple Pay at Amazon but it accepts Apple Card is a mode of payment.
2. You can use Apple card to pay at Amazon by Apple Wallet > Add Payment Method > Add card > Provide Apple Card Details > Save.
3. You can use Apple card and pay with just one click at both, Amazon online website and Amazon app.
…and Much More!
Does Amazon Take Apple Pay?
- Unfortunately, there are still spots that don’t take Apple Pay and Amazon seems to be one of them.
Why You Can’t Use Apple Pay At Amazon
In contrast to the reasons behind why Walmart does not take Apple Pay, the explanation for Amazon not accepting this mode of payment is quite simple: the two platforms are simply not integrated yet.
- There is no contract between Amazon and Apple Pay in regards to the digital payment service.
Apple Pay is mostly used via phone when shopping physically in store. Although Apple card digital payments are possible, they are not widespread. Perhaps Amazon did not consider Apple Wallet money transfers because its payments are completely digital.
Regardless of these technical reasons, our take on the issue is that Amazon.com is simply not missing out on a lot. It is generating blooming revenue every year and has not expressed any interest in changing its payment system any time soon.
Alternative – Pay With Apple Card at Amazon
The other side of the story is that Amazon is open to all types of major credit cards, EBT cards, debit cards, and reloadable prepaid cards. Consequently, it lets you add Apple Card as method of payment as well.
- Apple Card uses Mastercard payment processing which is accepted at Amazon.
Good news, right? Let’s take a look at how you can pay for your purchase at Amazon by using the Apple debit card.
- Open your Amazon account by providing the right credentials.
- Click on New Payment Method.
- Select Add Card and provide your Apple Card details like number, expiry date, etc.
- Save it as a Method of Payment in your account.
- Choose to Pay with Apple Card once you are done adding items to cart while shopping at Amazon.
The amount will be automatically deducted from your Apple Wallet after verification.
Apply For Apple Card – Step By Step Guide
Most users don’t apply for Apple card since the in-built app itself is enough. However, merchants like Amazon might change your outlook so here’s a small guide on how you can get your hands on Apple Card, if you haven’t done so already.
- Open Apple Wallet app in your phone.
- Tap on + sign and then choose Apple Card.
- You can go through the card details in this section and then press Continue to proceed.
- Provide necessary information including you name, date of birth, contact address, and contact number.
- Complete the process.
You will be informed about Apple Card fees and spending limits as soon as you apply for the card. Consequently, the card will be mailed to you shortly.
Set Up Apple Card on Amazon
Before you can choose it as a method of payment, you need to set up Apple Card on Amazon just like you would add other debit cards to your account. Here’s how that works.
- Visit Amazon.com and open your account by providing the login credentials.
- Choose Payment Method from the listed options under Ordering and Shopping preferences.
- Choose Add a Card.
- In the next step, add your Apple Card and verify through touch ID or face ID.
- Confirm the acting before checking account.
Other Payment Methods Accepted At Amazon.com
Well, it won’t be smart to write down all the names since Amazon accepts almost all forms of payments EXCEPT Apple Pay.
- These include credit cards and debit cards, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, etc.
Stores That Take Apple Pay
This reading would have been disappointing if you were trying to look for places where you can use your Apple Pay.
Don’t fret just yet! Here’s a list of stores where your Apple devices would come in handy.
- Best Buy
The Bottom Line
Although Amazon does not accept Apple Pay, you can use the Apple Card or any of the other major credit/debit cards to pay for the purchases here.
Moreover, online payments with Amazon is a breeze so you shouldn’t have any trouble completing the billing here via other methods. You can also learn more about Amazon Pay to make your shopping even more convenient in the future!
Frequently Asked Questions About Use of Apple Pay at Amazon
Can I use Apple card on Amazon?
Yes. You can visit www.Amazon.com and sign-in your account. In the Payment options you can add a card and choose Apple card as the method of choice.
What other spots accept Apple Pay?
Can I use Apple Pay online?
Merchants that allow you to pay through Apple Pay online include some famous names like Expedia, Groupon, Dunkin Donuts, Airbnb, and Etsy.
Why isn’t my Apple Pay working?
Your privacy on the Apple device can hinder payment via Apple Pay wallet. In order to solve this issue, you should visit the Safari menu and tap on Preferences. Then click on the Privacy Tab and check if Apple Pay is allowed.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.