After the spike in Covid’19 cases throughout the United States, a ton of retail stores have introduced contactless payment methods such as Apple Pay.
That leaves us wondering does Publix take Apple Pay? Let’s find out!
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. Publix does accept Apple Pay along with Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Android Pay.
2. You can use Apple Pay by opening Apple Pay app > Contactless Terminal > Link Card > Tap and Pay.
3. You can also make contactless payments using Publix App, but the payments will be made directly through your debit or credit card.
…and Much More!
Does Publix Take Apple Pay?
iPhone users prefer using Apple Pay, at grocery stores, clothing brands, speedways, gas stations, or even fast-food spots.
The good news is Publix does accept Apple Pay directly, through its Publix App, and physically at their retail stores.
Apart from taking Apple Pay, Publix now accepts almost all different types of mobile wallet payment methods like Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay.
You might be interested in reading: Does Walmart Take Apple Pay?
How to Use Apple Pay at Publix Checkout?
There are two methods to use Apple Pay at a Publix retail store checkout, either through your iPhone or your Apple watch. The step-by-step guide is given down below.
Payment Through iPhone
- On your smartphone, double-click the side button (on/off).
- Open the Apple Pay app on your device.
- Hold your phone up to the contactless terminal, which will then scan the barcode on your phone.
- Keep your phone there until you see a green checkmark or the ‘Done’ symbol on the screen.
- You are done!
Payment Through Apple Watch
- Double-tap your watch’s side button.
- Enter your passcode or use facial recognition to unlock the door.
- Keep your watch close to the reader until the transaction is completed.
Contactless Payment Through Publix App
Publix App has been introduced to help customers with a cashless, credit, and debit card fee-less grocery shopping experience.
- Install the Publix on your smartphone
- Use the Club Publix Membership information to log in to your account, or signup to make a new one
- Open ‘My Wallet’ by clicking on the three bars at the top left corner of your smartphone screen
- Now add your preferred card details.
- Then click on the ‘Pay’ tab in the Publix App
- Now enter the Publix 4-digit PIN.
- A camera will then appear on the screen. In the square box, enter the QR Code.
You can finish off the transaction in this manner.
How to Activate Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a convenient payment option with a user-friendly interface that makes it simple to set up.
- On your Apple devices, such as iPhones and Apple Watches, download the Apple Pay app.
- Create an Apple Pay account.
- Fill in all of the needed card information and double-check it.
- To enable Apple Pay, press the power button twice.
Apple Pay set up on iPhone and Apple Watch
There are a few steps you must do to set up Apple Pay on your Apple devices.
- In your device’s settings, choose Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Add a card by selecting the Add a Card option and entering your credit or debit card information.
- Manually enter your card information or hold your phone over your card until the app reads it automatically.
- Continue by double-checking all of the cards you’ve inserted.
To use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you’ll need to go one step further.
- Using your paired iPhone, access your watch settings.
- As with your iPhone, select the wallet and Apple Pay options.
- Select the option to add a card, then enter and validate all of your cards.
The Bottom Line
It is easier than ever to make any kind of purchase from Publix after the introduction of contactless payment methods.
Avail of all these new mobile wallet options and shop your way through this pandemic. Happy Shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions About Payments At Publix
Does Publix take Apple wallet?
Contactless payments such as Apple Pay, Android PayTM, Samsung Pay, Google PayTM, and other NFC payment applications are also accepted.
Can I use my phone to pay at Publix?
Yes, as of 2020 you can pay through your phone at Publix as it accepts all mobile wallets apps like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Android Pay
What forms of payment does Publix accept?
Cash, checks with appropriate identification, debit cards, pay in the Publix app, NFC payments, and four types of credit cards (AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) are all accepted at Publix. We also take part in the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program as well as the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) program.