From beauty products to electronics, Target is one store that never disappoints you. You can make your Target experience even more convenient through Apple Pay shopping but the million-dollar question is Does Target take Apple Pay?
What Will We Talk About Here?
1. Target accepts payments via Apple Pay as well as other mobile wallet payments.
2. You can use Apple Pay by Apple Pay app > Contactless Terminal > Use linked card > Done.
3. You can use Apple Pay through Target App by Install App > Create Account > Mode of Delivery > Apple Pay > Required Information > Done.
…and Much More!
Does Target Take Apple Pay?
The fast and easy payment method were introduced by Target in 2017. Target customers can now use the Apple Pay option through Target App. Customers can still avail the Apple Pay option even if they don’t have the Target app.
- Target now accepts all types of mobile wallet payments such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and even cards like MasterCard.
You might be interested in reading: Does Marshalls Take Apple Pay?
How to Use Apple Pay at Target Checkout?
The checkout is as easy as it can get. Apple Pay users can either use their iPhone or their Apple watches to pay at the counter
Payment using iPhone
- Double click the side button (on/off) on your device.
- Open your Apple Pay app.
- Hold your phone near the contactless terminal, which scans your phone’s barcode.
- Keep the phone there till you see a green-colored checkmark or the ‘Done’ sign on your phone.
- Your payment is completed.
Payment using Apple Watch
- Double-tap the side button on your watch
- Enter your passcode, or face recognition.
- Hold your watch near the reader until your payment is complete.
How to use Apple Pay Through Target App?
- Install the Target app for free from the App Store.
- Create an account at the app and set your Target location.
- You can choose to deliver ship or pick up your selected items.
- Tap on the ‘Apple Pay’ option before clicking the Checkout button.
- Fill up all the required Apple Pay information.
- That’s it. Sit back and enjoy your order.
Apple Pay Activation – Step By Step Guide
Apple Pay is a suitable payment alternative that provides its users with a very friendly interface that allows them to set it up quickly.
- Install the Apple Pay app on your Apple devices like iPhones and Apple Watches.
- Make an account on Apple Pay.
- Add all the required card information and verify them.
- Click the power button twice to activate your Apple Pay
- Use your contactless credit card at your nearest target.
Setting up Apple Pay- iPhone and Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay in your Apple devices, there are a few steps you need to follow
- Select Wallet and Apple Pay in your device settings.
- Click the add a card option which allows you to add your credit or debit card.
- Enter the card information manually or hold your phone over your card till the app automatically reads your card information.
- Click continue and verify all your entered cards.
- Now you can use your cards on the Apple Wallet app.
You’d have to go a step further to set up your Apple Pay on your Apple watch.
- Open your watch setting using your linked iPhone.
- Click the wallet and Apple Pay option same as that of your iPhone.
- Tap on the add the card option, then add and verify all your cards.
The Bottom Line
Either shopping for personal goods or products to gift someone or even modern furniture, Target is the best available store.
This experience is made even more convenient through accepting cash alternatives. You can now use it either in-store or online!
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple Pay at Target
How to pay at the target using Apple Pay?
You can either use your iPhone or your Apple Watch to pay at Target through Apple pay.
All you have to do is set up your Apple pay > add the card > verify them > double click the home button of your device > hold your phone near the reader > payment complete!
What other payment methods are accepted by target?
Targets offer many payment options other than target these include: Google Pay, Samsung Pay, PayPal, Target RedCard, Target credit or debit card, Target gift cards, third party gift cards from American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.