Around the United States, Walmart has thousands of stores and offers impeccable services. Where it stands out with offers like BNPL, Walmart can also be your go-to place for notary needs. If you want to notarize an essential file of documents, you need to find out whether Walmart has a notary.
- Walmart does not have notary but other businesses within may help you out.
- Another way to have your documents notarized is to visit a bank or credit union.
- Charges for notary services vary from state to state and can be up to $20 depending on type of the documents.
…and Much More!
Does Walmart Have a Notary?
Walmart does not provide notary services across the company. On the other hand, sometimes you may find Walmart Supercenters or bigger stores hosting small businesses or banks that offer notary services.
- Florida, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, and Washington stores have yet to offer notary services.
Nevertheless, a Walmart store in Louisiana hosts local small businesses with an in-house notary. Another important thing is that some popular Walmart stores hire companies that can notarize documents, including banks and credit unions.
How To Use Notary Businesses Within Walmart Stores
Large Walmart stores often host credit unions and banks that offer notary services. State-imposed laws also regulate the prices.
You can visit any of these Walmart superstores for your notary needs. To confirm whether the Walmart store near you notarizes documents, you can consult the National Notary Association website.
- Some Walmart stores allow you to book a notarization appointment beforehand to avoid waiting times. However, you can get documents notarized without an appointment, too.
The process to have the documents notarized is covered below.
- Decide what kind of documents you want to notarize.
- Then, determine which store you will be visiting for the services. Confirm if the specific center notarized the documents that you have.
- Then, proceed to book an appointment. Remember to bring the documents and a government-issued photo ID.
- Finally, sign the documents in the presence of the notary. The notary will then provide the official stamp.
Which Type of Notary Services Are Available At Walmart?
It depends entirely on the services hosted by the business in the local Walmart stores. Most commonly, the notary public lets you notarize documents, including:
- Rental Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Deed of Trust
- Student Enrolment Verification
- Compliance Agreement
More options might be open, but to confirm that, you will have to contact the specific business at the Walmart store.
You might be interested in reading: Does Walmart Make Keys?
Walmart Stores That Have a Notary
Sadly, there is no official or standard list of Walmart stores that offer notary services. In addition
- there is no guarantee whether a business that Walmart provides lets you notarize the file of documents for you or not.
If you want to figure out whether your local Walmart allows you to enjoy notary services, you only need to contact or ask a customer service representative.
Does Walmart Have a Notary For Free?
Fees of notary services mainly depend on different factors. Factors such as the nature of the document you want to be signed and the maximum preset fees announced by the state mutually decide the actual charges of notary services.
- On the other hand, most of the time, the expected fees are affordable, so you don’t need to be concerned about it.
Minimum charges start from $2.50; generally, maximum charges will be $20. These charges are of states that need fee limitations. Some companies may charge you more if you don’t need an account or membership.
Some of the states that never have maximum notary fees include:
You might be interested in reading: Walmart to Walmart Money Transfers.
Other Spots That Offer Notary Services In The US
All banks and credit unions have a notary public on staff. These include Bank of America, JPMorgan, and Woodforest National Bank. Additionally, in the USA, a list of other regions lets you access notary services easily.
- The UPS Store is another option where you can avail of notary services.
Additionally, many people now resort to remote online notarization due to convenience. It lets you get documents notarized in the comfort of your home. Similarly, mobile notaries offer the ease of coming to your location for the task.
How Much do Notaries Usually Charge For Their Services?
Notary fees are generally very affordable. Some centers notarize documents for as low as $2.50; naturally, all centers are at most $20 in any state.
- However, the fee for notarization depends on which documents you bring and the state you are in.
Certain states do not have maximum notary fees established. Therefore, you may notice higher charges in states like Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Massachusetts, and Iowa. The notarizing fee here often surpasses $25.
You might be interested in reading: Walmart Gift Card Cash Back Offer.
The Bottom Line
Now, you have a comprehensive answer to the question, “Does Walmart have a notary?” Walmart itself never offered in-store or online notary services. However, some bigger Walmart stores and businesses provide notary public on staff.
The kind of document and the state in which you are both determine the notary services fee. That’s why you always have to check beforehand whether a business or branch will be able to accommodate you or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Walmart have a notary in Texas?
Not all Walmart stores in Texas offer notary services. You have to contact the representative there to confirm.
Does it cost a lot to notarize a document at UPS?
Although the exact cost may vary from state to state, it should cost you $30 to have your documents notarized at UPS.
How can I get something notarized?
You can have documents and other stuff notarized by visiting an office offering notary services and signing the vital paperwork. The official would sign them and write further details to complete the task.
Can my documents notarized online?
Yes, you can have documents notarized online if the notary public is present. You can connect with them online via eNotary services.
Does Walmart have a notary near me?
You must contact the nearby Walmart store to confirm whether it offers notary services.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.