List of benefits that Chime offers continues to grow with its popularity. Users are now dependent on Chime to borrow loans, make quick direct deposits, and use features like mobile check deposits online. Consequently, some Zelle users also wish to integrate the app with their Chime online bank but that requires you to first figure out does Zelle work with Chime or not?
- Chime mobile banking app does not support Zelle but you may be able to add it through Chime debit card.
- Alternatively, you can choose instant transfers via Chime Pay Anyone feature that is free and available to all.
- You can also choose to link Zelle with other bank accounts like Capital One, BOA, Chase, etc.
…and Much More!
Does Zelle Work With Chime?
Chime promises free overdrafts, free ATM withdrawals, and nil monthly charges to its users. Given the safe banking experience and ease of use, Zelle accountholders wish to use the app with Chime account to further simplify banking.
- However, Chime does not allow Zelle integration with the app and encourages users to get Chime Pay Anyone instead which is a reliable alternative to apps like Zelle.
The purpose of connecting banking app with mobile money transfer apps is to ensure robust and instant transfers. Chime guarantees that Pay Anyone is a more reliable choice in this regards and therefore, does not support the use of its online banking account with competitors like Zelle.
You might be interested in reading: Does Chime Work With Afterpay?
Reasons Why Chime Does Not Have Zelle
What stands out about Chime banking is that it is not a traditional option like Capital One or Wells Fargo. There are hardly other online banks like Chime that operate with as much efficiency as it does.
If we run a background check on Zelle, you would see that it was launched with a combined effort of multiple banks that are in strong competition with Chime. In fact, Zelle was developed as a competition to money transfer apps like Cash App, Venmo, PayPal, and Chime itself.
- This is the clear cut reason why Chime does not support Zelle integration.
Chime was quick to develop the Pay Anyone feature which can be accessed for free, just like Zelle, and it allows for instant transfers as well. So, do Chime users need Zelle at all? We guess not!
Method To Use Chime Debit Card With Zelle
It was confirmed from official sources that Chime mobile banking app does not support Zelle. However, customers were able to find another way around by linking Zelle to Chime debit card instead.
- Download the Zelle and Chime app on your device.
- Create account on both the apps. This would require you to provide personal details like full name, contact number, contact address, SSN, verified email ID, etc.
- Now, first log in your Zelle account and click on a Add Bank.
- When the app asks you “Which bank?” click on “Don’t See Your Bank?” This is because entering Chime directly would not work here.
- The next window will allow you to enter banking details manually. Here, you have to provide the Chime debit card details such as the card number, expiration date, security code, etc.
- Continue the procedure to create a strong password for your account. Then wait for Zelle to verify the credentials that you have added.
- Tap on Continue to finish the process.
Now that you have added the Chime debit card to Zelle app, you can proceed to making money transfers by following the simple guide below.
- Open your Chime bank account by providing login credentials.
- Then tap on Move Money and select Transfers.
- Provide log in details of Zelle account when prompted.
- Tap on Complete to initiate the transfer.
There is a daily and weekly cap on how much you can send when using such money transfer apps. For example, if you have linked a bank to Zelle and wish to transfer funds, it is only possible to send $500 or less in a week.
- You can choose to send the entire amount in a single day and then not be able to many transactions for next 6 days.
Moreover, since there has been some confusion in the past, we would like to clarify that the limit is reset every 7 days. If you did not reach the cap in a week, it will not add up to the next week’s amount.
On the other hand, banks can transfer a higher amount to Zelle if need be. However, the exact number depends on the specific bank. For example, Wells Fargo and TD allow accountholders to send up to $2500 in a week, BOA grants transfer limit of $3500 per week and USAA allows up to $1000 only.
There are no transfer charges for sending money through Chime or Zelle. Similarly, you don’t have to pay a fee for sending money from Zelle to Chime or vice versa.
You might be interested in reading: How Does Zelle Make Money?
Any transfer through Zelle is instant so you don’t need to wait for hours or days to receive the funds. There may be delays if the next party does not have Zelle account. They will be encouraged to sign up before the payment can be delivered.
Attention! This method worked just fine till 2021. Later on, it was realized that no new Chime card could be added or updated in Zelle app. It seems like the company has finally eliminated this mode of integration as well.
Other Banks That Work With Zelle
It may be that Zelle app is unable to make transfers to Chime. Although that is a set back, on a brighter side Zelle supports multiple other bank account that you can link and perform transactions with.
For example, you just need to provide the bank account number with Zelle to deposit money to Chase account, PNC, or Navy Federal Credit Union. Some other banks that participate in Zelle are listed below.
- Capital One
- Wells Fargo
- Bank of America
- JP Morgan Chase
- SunTrust Bank
Chime Pay Instant Transfers – Alternative To Using Zelle
No Zelle? No problem!
With Chime Pay Anyone, you can send money to other users without fee and without any delays. In fact, it is so easy to use that Chime promises you will not need to consider other apps like Zelle.
- Chime Pay Anyone has a monthly transfer limit of $2000 and you are allowed to 15 transactions within 30 days.
If you are new to this mode of sending money, here’s a quick summary of how you can use Chime Pay Anyone with ease.
- First of all, open your Chime account and then click on Pay Anyone. This would prompt you to find the person who you wish to send funds to.
- You can simplify the search by providing their $ChimeSign.
- You can also send funds to non-chime user. In this case, you have to select Import Contacts.
- Then provide the recipients email ID and phone number.
- Once you have the account, enter payments details like the amount of money that you want to share.
- Afterwards, you can add a message or emoji to personalize the transfer as well.
- Review the information that you have added and then click on Pay.
Non-chime users will receive the request to share their debit card information so the funds can be sent over. The request remains valid for up to 2 weeks. A major advantage that Chime Pay Anyone has over Zelle is that it does not require the recipient party to have Chime account.
Receive Money With Chime Pay Anyone – Step By Step Guide
- Using Chime Checking Account
Chime Pay Anyone feature will work quite smoothly especially if you have a checking account. This transaction would be instant and without any charges. Moreover, you can request funds from checking account as well. Here’s how it is done.
- Log in your Chime account and then click on Pay Anyone.
- Search for the person who you want to request the funds from.
- Enter the amount of money that you need and click on Request.
The request remains valid for up to 2 weeks. This means the recipient of the request has to respond and send you money within this period.
- Without Chime Membership
You can use Chime Pay Anyone without the recipient having Chime membership. When someone send money through Chime, the non-Chime recipient will get an email or a text requesting them to enter their debit card information so funds can be sent.
As is the case with checking account, the recipient has up to 2 weeks to respond to the request. The sooner the other party claims the request, the quicker they can get the money.
The only thing you have to be mindful about is not falling into a trap or a scam. With the growth of online money transfer apps, the number of scammers stripping people off their savings has also considerably increased. Make sure you only use official links to visit website and interact with accounts that you personally know.
Why Should You Choose Pay Anyone Instead of Zelle?
Perhaps the biggest advantage that Pay Anyone offers over Zelle is that it supports money transfers to both: Chime and non-Chime users. When we take a look at Zelle, the app is built to offers transaction with Zelle users only.
- There is no doubt that both the platforms guarantee instant money transfers but Chime Pay Anyone definitely takes the lead.
However, Zelle has some perks of its own. For example, if you wish to use a platform that supports multiple banks, Zelle is the way to go.
You just have to open the app and register debit card number to work with different digital banks including some prominent names like Capital One and Bank of America. In fact, Zelle accepts certain credit unions as well.
Is Pay Anyone Better Than Cash App and Venmo Too?
As is the case with Zelle, Pay Anyone stands as a strong competition to apps like Cash App and Venmo as well. All these options are quite reliable for instant transfers but which one takes the leads overall?
- There are certain advantages that Chime offers to its customers which Venmo and Cash App clearly lack.
First of all, the scams reported on Cash App are growing everyday. It seems other platforms are lagging behind in security features.
On top of that, it is compulsary to add a debit card or credit card to the apps if you wish to send money which is not the case with Chime Pay Anyone. Lastly, Venmo instant transfer costs you 0.5% to 1.75% additional charges. This features is available for FREE with Chime!
Chime and Zelle Customer Support Service
If you experience any trouble during the use of the money transfer apps and online accounts, it is best to get in touch with their customer support service for guidance.
Chime official support is open throughout the week, including Sundays. Moreover, the department offers guidance via phone call and emails as well. You can get in touch with the team by calling 1-844-244-6363 or leaving a mail at the address [email protected]
Similarly, Zelle banking support is also available 7 days of the week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The calling services are provided at the number 844-428-8542.
The Bottom Line
Zelle never worked with Chime mobile banking app but it seems like now Chime debit card does not Zelle as well. Thankfully, you have Chime Pay Anyone feature as a reliable alternative. It offers almost all the perks that Zelle had in stock and more!
Chime Pay Anyone will let you send funds to friends and family regardless of whether they are Chime users or not. Moreover, you don’t need to download an additional app for this. The tool is integrated within Chime account and charges no fee for the service. What are you waiting for? Check it out right now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I use my Zelle account with Chime?
Chime mobile banking app does not support Zelle. However, you can link it to your Chime from within the Zelle app by adding Chime debit card to it as you would add any other debit card.
What are some debit cards that I can use with Zelle?
Zelle supports all major Visa and Mastercard debit cards as long as you are able to US-based phone number and email ID at the time of verification. Since Zelle does not work outside the US, it is not possible to add any international debit card or credit card to it.
Can I use Zelle with Cash App?
Zelle does not support Cash App card and neither can you enter your Cash App account information manually to link the two platforms.
Can you link Zelle account to PayPal for money transfers?
Similar to Chime and Cash App, Zelle does not support PayPal as well. Therefore, you can not send money from Zelle to PayPal directly. However, users tend to employ a bank account to use as a bridge between the two apps.