How to Cash a Check on Venmo (Venmo Mobile Check Deposit) requires nothing but undemanding pre-requisites making the process lot easier for you. Never worry again about having to stand in the long queues at banks and cash your checks using the Venmo Mobile Check Deposit.
- To cash a check on Venmo, it is quintessential that you apply for Venmo Debit Card first. Another option that you can avail of is the Direct Deposit on Venmo.
- The limits for cashing a check with Venmo range from $5 minimum and $5000 maximum.
- Venmo mobile check deposit requires a very minute fee which is only 1% for the payroll checks and stimulus checks.
…and Much More!
How To Cash a Check with Venmo (Venmo Mobile Check Deposit)
Venmo has been quite a boon for the users as it is one of the most convenient ways of sending and receiving money in just a few simple steps. Venmo has for the customers one of the most user-friendly and easy to navigate app to perform money managing tasks in the simplest way.
- One of the most appealing features of Venmo is the check cashing service where you won’t have to visit any bank physically and wait for an extensive amount of time.
Whether it is paying for your essentials, bills, or dividing the bill among friends, Venmo is all there to take care of such services.
Fee-waiver of the check cashing service is quite a promising feature for the people who receive government stimulus paper checks on a regular basis. Venmo Cash a Check feature is great way to waives off their fee for a certain amount of time.
Traditionally, Venmo mobile check deposit requires a very minute fee which is only 1% for the payroll checks and stimulus checks. In addition, Venmo charges a 5% fee of the total amount on all other types of checks to be cashed here.
Attention! Through the Cash a Check feature of Venmo, users can easily cash checks and send them to the Venmo account. As soon as your check gets approved, you will receive the amount in minutes.
Venmo Mobile Check Deposit Requirements
Whether it is applying for acquiring a loan or making a Venmo mobile check deposit, every procedure requires certain criteria to abide by. As long as you fulfill all the requirements, you are good to avail of that feature.
The reason you need to make sure of having these pre-requisites is as they are required for the identity verification on Venmo. To cash a check on Venmo, it is quintessential that you apply for Venmo Debit Card first. Another option that you can avail of is the Direct Deposit on Venmo.
As long as you get your hands on either of these, cashing a check on Venmo won’t be a problem anymore. Just set up a one-time confirmation by verifying your information to make a Venmo mobile check deposit.
You might be interested in reading: Can I Use Venmo In Canada?
Venmo Mobile Check Deposit – Step by Step Guide
By now you would be well aware of the fact that cashing a check with Venmo is straightforward and seamless. To complete the Venmo mobile check deposit, here is what you need to do.
- Go to the Venmo app on your device.
- On the Venmo home screen, you will come across the option of three horizontal lines or the You tab. Click on it.
- Once done, click on the option of Manage Balance to proceed.
- Next, select the option of Cash a Check from different options on the screen. Just make sure that you have your Venmo debit card to access this option.
- After this, you will have to verify your personal information.
- Once done, kindly enter the personal information required such as your social security number and date of birth.
- You will also have to give approval of sharing the information with the partner bank i.e., Ingo.
- Enter the amount of the check that you want to cash with Venmo.
- Scan the front side of the check through the Venmo app. Make sure that you set it right so that photo of the check fits within the capture box.
- Similarly, scan the backside of the check with your signature endorsed on it. Keep the background and lighting perfect to make all the credentials visible.
- Verify and go through the details once more before you click on the option of Submit. You will see the amount of the check when you are done with the scanning process.
- It would be best to re-check and have a look at all the transaction details on the Confirm screen.
- Lastly, Submit the check for final review.
There might occur times when you won’t receive a confirmation from Venmo about your check being cashed. This can be due to some technical glitch. Therefore, to avoid any inconvenience, you shouldn’t write Cashed or VOID on the check unless you get a confirmation email.
Limits For Cashing a Check with Venmo
There is a certain check-cashing limit within which you can perform this feature at Venmo. It works similar to those of the deposit limits and transaction limits at various financial institutions.
- Unlike many other platforms, Venmo does not provide FDIC insurance to the funds in your Venmo account.
The limits for cashing a check with Venmo ranges from $5 minimum and $5000 maximum. In addition to this, the maximum value that you can deposit per day is $5000, whereas, the maximum limit for one month is $15000.
Why You Weren’t Able to Cash a Check with Venmo
Your check can get declined under various circumstances that can get quite frustrating at times. Before taking any step further, it would be best to analyze the potential reason first. Some of these may include the following.
- You did not endorse your check on the back due to which it was not processed by Venmo.
- Submission of unclear and blurry check which does not clarify the credentials written on it.
- The details on the check such as your name do not match the one registered with your Venmo account.
- Venmo declines your check if you wrote it on a closed or compromised account that is unable to detect.
- Venmo did not receive a properly voided check image or you did not abide by the minimum check deposit limit i.e., $5, or surpassed their maximum amount limit.
- In case you submitted the check type that is not supported by the Venmo platform. These include temporary checks, single-party checks, or credit card checks.
The Bottom Line
All the eligible customers in the United States can say no to visiting traditional banks to carry out such processes. Perform them at the best of your convenience and by making a few taps on the app. Provide authentic and relevant information and get the funds deposited without any hurdles to your Venmo account.
How To Cash a Check On Venmo is pretty simple as long as you are a holder of a Venmo Debit card or have set up a direct deposit option on Venmo. Make sure that you have the latest version of the Venmo app to avoid any inconvenience or unavailability of any such features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Venmo show pending deposits?
Yes, you can see the pending deposits in the account history of your Venmo account. To do so go to the Venmo app > Account > History > Pending Deposit.
Does Venmo accept third-party deposits?
Unfortunately, you cannot deposit third-party checks on Venmo. To do so, you need to pay the check yourself for authenticity and validation.
When do the Venmo direct deposits hit?
The Venmo direct deposits hit between 10:00 AM and 04:59 PM Eastern Time every business day.
How can I cash my check online with Ingo?
Apps that do not require Igno for the mobile deposits include The Check Cashing Store, PayPal, Brink’s money prepaid, LodeFast, Netspend, Anytime check, Ace Flare, and more.
Can you cash a personal check on the Igno money?
Yes, you can cash personal checks on the Igno money. Additional check types that you can cash here include business checks, cash paychecks, and a few others.
How long does it take to cash a check on Venmo?
It takes a minimum of 3-5 minutes and a maximum of one hour to cash the check on Venmo.
Can I cash the check online instantly?
Yes, you can by using the Money Mart app. Go to the Money Mart > Sig-in or create an account if required > Cash a check > Click the picture of the check > Review details > Submit.