Using too many money transfer apps can create a sense of insecurity. Consequently, many accountholders wish to keep their personal information as well as transfer history as private as possible. Therefore, we talk about how to delete Cash App history previously, now let’s take look at can you delete Venmo history or not?
- You can not delete Venmo history but you can choose to make the transactions private in your account.
- To change the privacy of the transactions Open account > Settings > Privacy > Past transactions > More > Change all to private > More.
- An alternative is to delete Venmo account permanently if you want to rid yourself of the previous transaction details.
…and Much More!
Can You Delete Venmo History?
To cut the long story short: No, you can not delete your Venmo history but there is another way around that you can try out.
Venmo allows you to make specific or all transactions private in your account. So, although, you would still be able to see the payments that went through via Venmo, nobody else will have access to your money transfers. Keep in mind that for a specific transaction that you hide, you and the recipient would be able to see the details of that transfer even after you hide it on your account.
You might be interested in reading: What Happens When You Block Someone on Venmo?
Steps To Make Transactions History Private On Venmo
Venmo offers a quick and efficient way to hide all the transactions in your account. Here’s how you can make a transaction private on your Venmo account.
- Open the Venmo app and log in to your account.
- Click on the icon at the top left corner to open further Settings.
- Then tap on Privacy option. This will have a lock picture next to it.
- Scroll to find where Past Transactions are mentioned. Click on it and then select More from the section at the bottom of the screen.
- Here you will find an option that states Change All To Private. Click on it and confirm your action on the dialogue box that opens next.
How To Make All Future Transactions Private – Step By Step Guide
Likewise, you can choose to make all your future money transfers via Venmo private as well. This is how it works.
- Open your Venmo account and tap on Settings. Then click Privacy option.
- Find the Default Privacy Settings and then locate Private under its options. Click on it.
- Wait for the Confirmation box to pop up. Confirm by clicking on Change Anyway.
This will make all future transactions private. You can also hide specific transactions in this manner.
Alternative: Close Your Venmo Account
Another way to reliably hide your Venmo transactions is to delete your account permanently. You can also read how to delete Chime account i.e. your transfers would not be visible to anyone anymore.
- For this, you need to open your account and move to Settings. Then click on Close Account. The app would ask you to confirm your action.
You will receive an email stating recent statement at the time of closing your account. Although the authorities themselves do save such information, it is better that you download or save the email as well in case you ever need it later.
The Bottom Line
Large number of people have shifted to using apps like Venmo for daily transactions and to avoid hassle of dealing with paper money. However, since it is a public platform where you can add friends on Venmo and communicate with them much like social media sites, some users like it better when they have some control over who can see their Venmo transaction history.
For such users, Venmo make it easy to hide transfer history with just a few click of buttons. After that, nobody else except the sender and the recipient would be able to see the past transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to hide transactions on Venmo?
You can make your past payments private on Venmo which means these would be visible to sender and recipient only. You can do so by opening Settings and then clicking on Privacy. Next, tap on Past Transactions and choose Private.
How far does Venmo store the history of previous money transfers?
Venmo stores history for a limitless time frame i.e. you can view all your past transactions in the account. However, it is only possible to download a maximum of 90 days transaction history at once.
Can I see someone’s history on Venmo?
Yes, Venmo allows you to view other friend’s transactions. Simply go to the email account and type Venmo. Then click on till the client’s Venmo account appears.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.