You can quickly start sending or receiving money on your Cash App as soon as you open account or activate your Cash app card. However, somewhere along the transfers, you might want to learn how to delete Cash App history and the answer is surprising.
- You can not delete Cash App history but you can choose to hide transactions or delete the account permanently.
- You can delete Cash app account by Open Account > Profile Icon > Support > Something Else > Account Settings > Close Account > Confirm.
- You can download the history as well by Open Account > Profile Tab > Statement > Export CSV > PDF.
…and Much More!
How To Delete Cash App History on Phone?
Perhaps the officials did not consider this, since the cash app transactions are already private and not accessible to anyone accept the accountholder. Cash app does show up on bank statements but that is private to you only!
- Nonetheless, if a user wishes to remove the transaction history he or she will have to delete the Cash App account altogether.
Cash App transaction history is easily visible once you tap on the bottom-right corner and open the Activity Tab. Since the account number is yours to use on cash app, nobody else can access this sensitive information.
Is There a Need To Clear The Cash App Transaction History?
As we mentioned above, you can delete Cash App account permanently to clear the activities on Cash App, if need be.
- Open your Cash App account and click on Profile Icon.
- Then tap on Support and scroll down to find Something Else option.
- Click Account Settings and then choose Close Account from the menu.
- You will be required to enter some information before you can Confirm the action to delete the account.
You might be interested in reading: How to Delete Chime Account.
Will Blocking Someone On Cash App Delete History?
No, blocking someone on Cash App does not delete history or remove any of the past transactions with that particular contact.
- All previous transactions will remain on your account and will be visible on the activity feed.
It will only limit future transactions with that person. Similarly, you can not delete someone from Cash App history without entirely deleting the account.
Can You Delete Personal Information From Cash App?
In majority of the cases, personal information is a bigger concern than transaction history. Luckily, Cash App complies with California Consumer Privacy Act that allows customers to access and delete personal data at any time.
- Select profile icon from your Cash App home screen.
- Then click on Support and tap Something Else.
- Finally click on Account Settings where you will see the option to Delete Your Personal Information.
- Click and select Customer Support.
Alternative to Deleting History – Hide Cash App Transactions
There is not point of beating around the bush, trying to find a way to delete Cash App money transfer history. As an old Cash App user, you would already know that payment details only show if its complete or pending and it allows you to get a web receipt. That’s it!
Some other mobile apps allow users to hide the transactions but there is no need to do that with Cash app; the entire transfer history is already private.
You might be interested in reading: Fake Cash App Payment Generator.
Cash App Privacy Features That Protect Your Transaction History
Cash App offers a range of privacy and security features that will help users keep their information safe at all times.
- Security Lock
Users can only enter the app main interface after sharing a passcode. The code is required to make transaction too. This adds an extra layer of authentication and ensures that all transfers are authorized by the user.
- OTP Login Code
Login requires the user to add a unique passcode that is regenerated every time user signs in. The code is typically send to associated email address or phone number at the time of sign-in.
Cash App notifies the user every time a payment is made by sending confirmation message to phone or email ID.
Check Transaction History on Cash App
You can keep a check on your transaction history at all times. This is a good way to keep a check on your spending and be aware beforehand, if you are in need of borrow money from cash app.
- Open Cash App and tap on the main icon present at the bottom of the page.
- Then click on Activity.
- Tap on Payment Options to see the transactions you have made recently as well their on-going status.
Download Cash App Payment History
Before you hide the transactions or choose to delete the Cash App account permanently, it might be a good idea to download and save the payment history.
- Open your Cash App account in your mobile or computer.
- Click on Profile Tab and tap Statement.
- Now press Export CSV.
- There will be further on-screen instructions that you need to follow until you can print out the transaction history.
Contact Cash App Customer Support For Help
If you can’t decide what you should do in order to hide transactions on your Cash App or delete it permanently, it is better to get in touch with their professional team for guidance.
You can do so by calling 1(800) 969-1940 or contact the team via mobile app. In addition to this, you can also conveniently reach out to them through mail on the address mentioned below.
1455 Market Street Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94103
The Bottom Line
You can also have your account verified to increase spending limits but, there might be a situation where you want to remove your transaction history.
- Although there is no option to delete history on Cash App, you don’t have to worry since all transactions are completely private.
However, we do suggest readers to keep their Cash app account information safe at all time. It is not smart to share your login details with any third party.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Delete Cash App History
Can I delete transaction history on my Cash App account?
It is not possible to delete the history as the application does not offer any such options within payment details. However, you can delete your account permanently to get rid of all the money transfer details.
Can I delete my Cash App account and make a new one?
You can uninstall the application from the main menu. However, you can lose the pending balance as a result. Therefore, ensure there is nothing left over before proceeding. Later on, you are free to make a new account and sign in again.
Can I have two or more than two Cash App accounts?
Users can choose to have as many accounts as they please provided that each is registered with a unique contact number and email ID.
Is it possible to make a new Cash App account using the same number?
Unfortunately, you can only register one account per number. Therefore, it will not be possible to have two accounts linked to the same contact number of email ID.
How to delete Cash App history on Android?
The only way to delete Cash App history on Android is to close your account or delete the account entirely. Otherwise, Cash app does not provide the option to delete past transactions.
How to delete Cash app transactions on iPhone?
You can not delete Cash App transactions on iPhone, or any phone for that matter. The only option is to delete Cash App account if you want to remove history.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.