Venmo and Cash App can send money to your friends or family. Although you can easily add friends on Venmo, little information is available on transferring money to contacts such as transfer of money from Venmo to Cash App. If you also need clarification about those sorts of funds exchange, it is time to get some solid answers!
- You can send money from Venmo to Cash App either by using direct deposit feature on Cash App or by linking both apps to the same bank account.
- Users have to adhere to Venmo transfer limits or else their transactions will be turned down.
- Venmo charges 1.5% of the amount as fee when you choose instant transfer.
…and Much More!
Can You Transfer Money From Venmo To Cash App?
Yes and No! The honest reply is that you will need help finding a dedicated button on the Venmo app that lets you send money to the Cash App directly.
However, it is still possible to indirectly share money between these money transfer apps. Before we start to discuss how sharing money from one account to another is possible, there is a need to understand why such an important feature has been skipped in the first place.
Therefore, many customers have been under the impression that it is not possible at all. Luckily, if you have created an account on both apps, there are several steps that you can take to send money from your Venmo account to your Cash app account easily and quickly.
You might be interested in reading: How To Transfer Money From Venmo to Bank Account Via App?
Methods To Transfer Money From Venmo To Cash App
Venmo has provided its users with a wide range of benefits and perks to enjoy. For example, you can make a bachelorette account and enjoy free drinks. You can also borrow money from Venmo or invest through Venmo stock symbol.
Besides these interesting features, Venmo has ensured users face no issues with the app such as a payment getting declined or delayed. However, when transferring to the Cash App, the feature is not directly available, and customers need to opt for one of the two alternative methods.
- You can enable direct deposit on Cash App and then use Venmo to send money to the Cash App account.
- Another approach is that you link the two apps to the same bank account and use the bank as a mediator for money exchange.
Method 1 – Using Direct Deposit Feature Of Cash App Account
This is perhaps the easiest way to send money from Venmo to Cash App without incurring any extra charges. Let’s check out how this works!
Set Up Direct Deposit On Cash App
You can set up a direct deposit on the Cash App after you have activated your account. This would allow you to receive money on Cash App via other accounts.
- Open the Cash App on your smartphone.
- After that, you must click on the dollar sign at the top of your screen.
- This will take you to another page labelled My Cash.
- You can find the Cash button on this tab. Tap on it and then move to the Direct Deposit option.
- Here, you can share the account number through which you wish to deposit money to Cash App and vice versa.
- Tap on Get Account Number to obtain a pop-up on the screen.
- The pop-up will contain an Enable Account button. Click on it and locate the section that contains your account information.
- You can copy the information from here by tapping on Copy Account Details. Remember to copy both the routing number and the account number.
Add Cash App Account Credentials To Your Venmo Account
The next thing to do is to open your Venmo account and then tap on Settings. This is at the top of the page, indicated by 3 straight bars.
- From the Settings, you have to move to Payment Methods.
- This window will allow you to add a bank account or card to your Venmo account by clicking the Add a Bank or Card option.
- Here, you need to select Bank.
After completing the verification process, you must paste the Cash App account details we had asked you to copy earlier in the required fields.
This is all you have to do to transfer funds between Cash App and Venmo. Now, your Venmo account will recognize Cash App as an authorized bank and allow you to make the transfer!
Method 2: Linking Both Apps To The Same Bank Account
Another technique is to link Venmo and Cash App to the same bank account. This would also allow you to transfer money between apps without any hassle. Here’s an overview of how this can be done.
Transfer Money From Venmo To Your Bank Account
First, you must transfer funds to your bank account using the Venmo app. This is quite easy! You can add the bank account details to Venmo, as discussed above.
- Then, on your Venmo app, locate three horizontal lines and tap on them. This would direct you to another page where you need to select the Transfer To Bank option.
- On some devices, you might see the Transfer Money option instead.
- Next, enter the amount that you wish to send. After that, please specify whether you want the transaction to occur instantly or you would allow 1 to 3 business days for it. Instant transfer Venmo to Cash App ensures that the money reaches the next account within 30 minutes. However, it does incur extra charges.
- After you specify the transfer method and provide the bank details, you can finish the process by clicking on Transfer.
Venmo instant transactions may be down sometimes, so make sure you have enough time to opt for a cost-free standard Transfer instead.
Send Money From Bank Account To Cash App
Now that you have funds in your bank account, it is time to transfer them to Cash App.
- You can do so by opening your Cash App account and tapping on Balance.
- Then select Add Cash and enter the money you wish to transfer.
- Click on Add and enter your secret PIN to transfer the money. Alternatively, you can also use your Touch ID confirmation to proceed.
The only downside of this method is that it can take more time than Method 1, which we have discussed. Nonetheless, it is equally reliable, and many users successfully employ it to move funds from one account to another.
How Much Money Can You Send From Venmo To Cash App
The amount of money you can transfer from Venmo to another account depends on whether you have verified your information with the app. Here are some important pointers that will take care of the confusion that you are having.
- You can send $299.99 per week without verification from your Venmo account.
- Without verification, you can send $999.9 per week from Venmo to another bank account
- After verification, you can send $2999.99 weekly from your Venmo account.
- After verification, you can send $ 19999 weekly from your Venmo account to another bank account.
The verification will benefit you by allowing you to send more funds per multiple transactions. You can verify your identity with the Venmo app by providing your full name, contact address, Zip code, birth date, and social security number.
You might be interested in reading: Stores That Accept Venmo.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From Cash App To Venmo or Vice Versa?
The time it takes to send money from Venmo to Cash App depends on which mode of transfer you choose.
- Standard transfer can take between 1 to 3 business days.
- Instant transfer takes only a couple of minutes but it charges 1.5% of the amount as fee.
Why Can’t I Transfer Money From Venmo to Cash App?
Sometimes fund transfer from Venmo to Cash App may fail or get delayed. This typically happens when there are network issues or if you have insufficient funds in the account. Your transfer may also be cancelled if you provide incorrect account details.
- Both the apps, Venmo and Cash App, have policy to block users account if they are executing suspicious activities.
Although majority of the issues resolve on their own, here are some useful tips that may help if you can’t transfer money from Venmo to Cash App.
- Double-check the account information.
- Ensure you have good internet connectivity at the time of the transfer.
- Regularly check account activity to confirm that there is no unauthorized transactions going on.
- Contact Cash App or Venmo support service for help.
Can You Transfer Money Using a Cash App Card?
If you are using a Cash card linked to your Cash App account, it can be used for money transfers. The advantage of this alternative is that you will not have to spend time setting up direct deposit on your Cash App.
You have to perform the same method of copying the Cash App routing and account numbers for your account and then opening the Venmo app. Here, when you go to Settings and Payment Methods, tap on Card instead of Bank as you did previously.
Then, you must enter your card information, such as the card number or the expiry date. You can enter all the data manually. Alternatively, using the phone’s camera as a scanner and transferring information directly to the Venmo app is also possible.
Cash App Debit Card – What You Need To Know
Since we are talking about Cash cards, here are some important facts and figures you need to know about this plastic.
- First, all transactions made via the card carry a transfer fee.
It is set at 1% of the amount exchanged. The lowest charge is $0.25, and the maximum threshold is $10.
Secondly, you can avail some authorized merchants here and purchase from them without additional costs. If you are shopping from other than these sellers, you must pay a standard 3% fee.
Venmo and Cash App – In a Nutshell
Both Venmo and Cash App are famous as money-saving and transferring apps. They are available on Android and iOS, so all customers can download them easily whenever needed.
Venmo was launched in 2009 as a text message-based payment. In 2012, Venmo makers upgraded it to an integrated social network platform.
Note! In 2012, Venmo was purchased by Braintree for $26.6 million, and in the next year, Braintree was bought by PayPal for $800 million.
Venmo and Cash App are widely used to send and receive money between friends and family. Furthermore, they collaborate with many online stores and allow for in-app purchases.
You might be interested in reading: Venmo Canada.
The Bottom Line
So, this is everything you need to know about transferring money from Venmo to Cash App. This article will help you to carry out the task without any issues.
- Venmo transfers are also instant so that you can see results right away. If not, then there is always an option to choose Instant Transfer.
Cash App and Venmo are amazing apps for peer-to-peer transfers. You can benefit a lot by using them together. When will you make your first transfer from Venmo to Cash App? Remember to share your experience with us in the comment section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal?
Venmo lets you make direct transfers to PayPal. You only need to log in and select “Transfer to PayPal” from the drop-down menu. Share the amount you want to transfer and tap Continue.
What apps can your use to transfer money to Cash App?
Venmo, Apple Pay, Zelle, Payoneer, Google Pay, Wise, and PayPal are some common apps that can be used to send money to Cash App.
Why can’t I send money directly from Venmo to Cash App?
Venmo and Cash App are literally meant for the same purpose which means they are both widely used for peer-to-peer money transfer. Since the two companies can be taken as competitors, they don’t offer support direct exchange of money between them.
Does it cost extra charges to use Cash Card?
All transactions made via the card carry transfer fee. It is set at 1% of the amount exchanged. The lowest charge is $0.25 and the maximum threshold is $10. You can avail some authorized merchants here and purchase from them without additional costs. If you are shopping from other than these sellers then you have to pay a standard 3% fee.
Can I cash out money from my Venmo account?
Yes. It is possible to withdraw money from your Venmo account via ATM that has acceptance marks of Mastercard, PULSE, or Cirrus. However, you have to pay $2.50 as cash withdrawal fee.
How to transfer money from Venmo to Cash App without card?
Venmo does not allow direct transfers to Cash App. Therefore, you first need to send the funds to a linked bank account and then move them to Cash App. The process does not require any card.
How to transfer money from Venmo to debit card?
Simply open the Venmo app and click on Me tab. Then choose Add or Transfer. Enter the amount you wish to transfer, choose the mode of payment (standard or instant) and confirm. Any credit that shows up in bank account would automatically be accessible through the debit card.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.