International transfers have become quite common so if you are currently in Europe, it might be useful to know how to transfer money from Germany to USA without spending too much on additional charges.
- You can transfer money from Germany to USA with least amount of fee by choosing WorldRemit, Wise, or services likes PayPal.
- The exact exchange rate and transfer fees would vary depending on the location and the amount being transferred.
- To perform international transactions, it is essential that you do it from an authentic and legal source.
…and Much More!
How To Transfer Money From Germany to USA?
Gone are the days when people had to worry about sending money internationally to their loved ones or making any online purchase from an international source.
To perform international transactions, it is essential that you do it from an authentic and legal source, i.e., through a bank account or one of the trust-worthy financial platforms.
- The process involves registering yourself with whatever source you are sending your money to.
Below are the basic steps you need to follow for any International Money Transfer.
- Enter the country to which you’d like to send the money.
- Fill in the appropriate amount.
- Select Transfer to a bank account.
- Select a payment method.
You will need to know the recipient’s bank account number, name, branch, code, etc. In return, you will be provided with tracking information for your transaction.
You might be interested in reading: How To Send Money From Australia to US?
To 6 Ways To Send Money From Germany to USA
To facilitate you, we have listed several methods below from which you can choose whatever suits you the best. However, keep in mind that the cheapest and the most expensive money transfer platforms available have several differences in their banking systems.
Wise, formerly known as TransferWise, is one of the best and cheapest options among all the money transfer services. To move money internationally, you can go for Wise since it is one of very few financial platforms that offers mid-market, wholesale exchange rate.
- Transfer Fee: 1.06 EUR+0.41% of the transaction amount.
- Additional Fee: Cheapest one is the bank debit card, followed by the bank wire transfer, further followed by credit and a debit card.
- Transfer Time: It can take up to 2 days.
- Exchange Rate: Without using any margin, Wise offers you the best rate for currency transfer
Why should you choose Wise?
- Less expensive than most other options in the market
- Wise App available for convenient and quick payment transfer.
- Offers best exchange rates and the small commission.
- High customer satisfaction as pointed out by many reviews.
- Trustworthy and credible website to make international transfers.
PayPal has long been and continues to be the best of all service provides for quite a while now. It is one of the most extensive international remittance services in the world. You can use your PayPal account to send money internationally.
- Transfer Fee: Charges 2.9% of the transaction amount
- Additional Fee: 30 cents for each transfer from debit or credit card
- Transfer Time:
- Exchange Rate: 2.5% to 4.5% margin subtracted from the interbank rate
Why should you choose PayPal?
- The transaction procedure is quite simple.
- PayPal to PayPal transfer is almost instantaneously.
- This one is the best choice if you don’t need to convert currency.
- PayPal account can receive funds from debit cards and credit cards.
- It is widely available.
It was formerly known as Ozforex. OFX uses the newest technologies, and its sizeable global bank network helps you save on every overseas payment.
- Transfer Fee: If you are sending money outside the USA, a small flat fee does apply for smaller amounts.
- Additional Fee: For a single transfer, you pay US$150, whereas for multiple transfers or regular recurring payments, you pay US$250.
- Transfer Time: Within 1 business day.
- Exchange Rate: The exchange rate will be different from the mid-market or wholesale exchange rates because OFX adds a margin to the exchange rate when you convert EURO into US dollars.
Why should you choose OFX?
- The account is quite easy to set up online.
- The exchange rates are more considerable as compared to other options in the market.
- OFX customer support service is readily available at all times.
- There are no charges for transfers within the USA.
- Competitive EUR-USD conversion rate.
Another reliable money transfer platform is the World Remit. It allows you to send a small amount of money from Germany to the USA with flexible exchange rates that won’t be much of a deal to handle.
Minimum transfer limit is EUR 40,000
- Transfer Fee: You have to pay EUR 3.99 for every transaction you make.
- Additional Fee: There are no additional charges.
- Transfer Time: The duration of transfer is variable although it can take up to 3 days.
- Exchange Rate: It also adds a margin to the exchange rate
Why should you choose WorldRemit?
- A user-friendly online platform and it also has an App.
- Easy delivery options than many other available service providers.
- Airtime top-up allows you to share funds to recipients with prepaid plan mobile phones.
- Transparent costs with an appropriate and accurate currency conversion calculator
- WorldRemit is known to be best for personal international transfers, specifically small remittances.
MoneyGram happens to be one of the largest money transfer company as it offers its services around wide locations worldwide. It allows its customers to send and receive cash at over 350,000 agent locations.
- Transfer Fee: An amount of EUR 500 from Germany to the USA, will cost $28 transfer fee, while the receiver gets $516.
- Additional Fee: $52 for commission and exchange rate
- Transfer Time: As less as 10 minutes.
- Exchange Rate: The exchange rate via MoneyGram is somewhat around $540.25.
Why should you choose MoneyGram?
- Money can be transferred either through the bank or in cash, whatever deems fit to your interest.
- No need for a bank account or a credit card.
- Transfer agents can be found around the globe.
- It is present in over 200 countries.
- The transactions are safe and secure.
Western Union is the largest provider of remittance services as they have approximately 550,000 agent locations worldwide.
- Transfer Fee: Sending EUR 500 will cost EUR 515, and the receiver gets $511.
- Additional Fee: $45 for the expensive exchange rate in addition to the commission
- Transfer Time: 0-2 days.
- Exchange Rate: For EUR 500, it is around $540.25
Why should you choose Western Union?
- No bank account is needed for transfer services.
- The transfer just requires you to provide cash and share the name of the recipient.
- Both online and offline money transfer services are available.
- The money is automatically converted to local currency without any additional charges.
- However, the exchange rates are a bit higher than other services.
The Bottom Line
These were some of the best money transfer services available to send money from Germany to the USA. We hope this guide helps you land on the best possible option at your convenience and interest.
Before you go, keep in mind that not all the methods of international transfer are equally capable. Some are expensive while others are slower. So you have to keep your requirements in mind before initiating the transaction.
Frequently Asked Questions About Transfer of Money From Germany to USA
How do I send money from Germany to USA?
You can make this type of transaction using different services like Western Union, PayPal, and certain forex transfer companies. The exchange rates and transfer fees may vary from one platform to another.
How can I receive funds on my US bank account from Germany?
The transfer is possible although you have to figure out which transfer service suits you best. Online research would help you determine that. Later on, open an account there, provide necessary information, provide recipient’s bank account details, and have the funds transferred via debit card or credit card.
Can someone use PayPal to transfer funds from Germany to US or vice versa?
Yes. PayPal allows you to exchange funds in over 200 countries. However, it does charge additional fee for the transfer depending on the amount and the location. Therefore, you have to check for details before confirming.