Cash app supports swift money transfers, allow you to make direct deposits, and offers loan without credit check. With list of features of app growing more and more, users are still a bit confused about how how Cash App cards works and whether Cash App is a prepaid card or not. Well, that’s what we are here to find out!
- Cash App card works as a prepaid or a debit card to which you can add money and then use it for online and in-store purchases as well as ATM withdrawals.
- You can order the Cash app card online by Open account > Cash card > Get free cash card > Card design > Customize > Continue.
- The ATM withdrawal limit for the cash card is $310 per transaction and $1,000 per day.
…and Much More!
Is Cash App a Prepaid Card?
Cash App functions like a prepaid card in a sense that you can load money on to it and then use it for various tasks like online payments, in-store shopping, ATM withdrawals, money transfer, etc.
- You can use the Cash App cash card anywhere a VISA card is accepted and it process payments much like a prepaid debit card.
You can get money back on Cash App card as well in the form of cash backs. It is secured via PIN and has specific feature to protect you against online scams and frauds.
Other Prepaid Cards That You Can Use With Cash App
Most of the prepaid cards are supported by Cash App. These include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express debit cards and credit cards. However, keep in mind that you can only send money using the prepaid card but you can not load your Cash app account with it.
- Additionally, you can not use business debit cards, PayPal cards, or ATM cards with Cash App.
That is why majority of the users prefer linking bank account and utilizing bank to Cash App transfers in times of need instead of relying on any card.
You might be interested in reading: Cash You Use Cash App Without a Bank Account?
Get Cash App Card Online – Step By Step Guide
Much to user’s relief, it is possible to get Cash App card online and the application procedure is quite straightforward as well.
- Create Cash app account if you don’t have already and then login using your username and password.
- Click on Cash Card option on the home-screen.
- Then click on Get Free Cash Card.
- In the next step, you can choose cash card designs, color, etc. Yes, you can customize the card as per your liking!
- Afterwards, choose whether to show your Cashtag on card or not. You can make other changes by clicking on Tap to Customize.
- Provide the necessary personal information, re-check terms and conditions for obtaining and using the card, and then finally, click on Continue, to complete the process.
Attention! It can take up to 10 days for the Cash App debit card to reach you.
Method To Activate Your Cash App Prepaid Card
Similar to applying for the card online, you can active the Cash App card as well. There are two methods to get this done, i.e. with and without the QR code.
- Open your Cash App account and click on the Cash App card button on the home screen.
- Then tap on Card’s image and click Activate Cash Card.
- Allow Cash App to use your device’s camera by pressing OK.
- Scan the QR code to activate the card.
- Alternatively, click on Use CVV Instead if you don’t intend to activate via QR code.
- Provide the CVV code and expiration date. The information would be printed on your Cash Card.
Steps To Add Funds To Cash App Card Online
Once you have the cash card, you don’t need to put money to card separately. The funds that you have in your account would automatically be accessible via Cash App card. However, you do need to add the card to your account. Here’s how it is done.
- Open your Cash App account and click on Balance option.
- Then tap on Add Cash.
- After that, you have to enter the amount of money which you wish to add.
- Then click Add to confirm your action and verify via PIN or Touch ID.
Add Money To Cash App With Credit Card – Step By Step Guide
You can use your credit card to fund your Cash App account and complete transactions in this manner but this is costly as compared to using a debit card or linked bank account.
- Open your Cash App account with correct credentials.
- Open the main menu and then click on the House icon.
- Select My Cash on the main menu and then click on Add Credit Card.
- In the next step, enter your credit card details such as card number, expiration date, etc.
- Then click on Add Card to complete the process.
Note! Every transaction that you carry out via credit card would be charged 3% of the amount.
Method To Use Debit Card With Cash App Prepaid Card
It is clear that you can link debit card with Cash App and use it for money transfer but what about linking multiple debit cards at the same time?
Just like you can not create multiple Cash App accounts with same user information, it is not possible to link two debit cards on account as well. Nonetheless, you can replace a non-working debit card with a new one, if need be.
- Open your Cash app account and click on the Bank icon from the main menu.
- Then press Linked Accounts and locate the debit card that you want to unlink.
- Open this debit card details and select Replace Debit Card.
- Click on Remove Debit Card and this would remove the previous card details.
- Then you can add the details of the new card and confirm your action to complete the process.
You might be interested in reading: How To Add Gift Card To Cash App?
ATM Withdrawal Limits For Cash App Prepaid Card
There are limits on how much you can withdraw with Cash App card. Typically, you can cash out $310 per transaction and $1000 per day.
- ATM withdrawals, cash back at a register,, etc all count as withdrawal limit.
Note! Cash App charges $2 for ATM withdrawals but this fee can be avoided if you make $300 monthly deposit to your account.
Cash App Card Fees
Cash app card does not carry any additional fee. There are no charges for application or activation. However, each ATM withdrawal that you make with the card will cost you $2 unless you regularly make $300 monthly deposit to your account.
- Other than that, credit card transactions charge 3% of the amount and instant transfers will cost you 1.5% as fee.
You can avoid instant transfer charges by choosing Standard Transfer instead but in that case, the funds may take up to 3 business days to reach you.
The Bottom Line
From its offer to get you instant loan to facilities like Cash App rewards, the app definitely has a lot of things in stock for you. Moreover, it works with different prepaid cards, debit cards, credit cards and bank accounts to facilitate payments and transfers.
As a prepaid and a debit card, you can use the Cash App card for purchases as well as for free ATM withdrawal. When it comes to using other prepaid cards with Cash App, you can only do so to send money from Cash App to the card. It is not possible to add money to Cash App account through this method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my Cash App card prepaid or debit?
Cash App acts as both, a reloadable prepaid card and a debit card that you can use for ATM withdrawals. Additionally, it is compatible with many debit and credit cards as well.
Why can’t I use prepaid card to add money to Cash App?
As per Cash App’s current policy, you can not use a prepaid card to fund your Cash App account. Alternatively, you can use linked bank account, debit card, or credit card for such purposes.
Does Cash App work with a bank?
Yes. In fact, Cash App works with two different banks. The Cash app bank name for direct deposits and card issuance is Lincoln Savings Bank and Sutton Bank.
Is it compulsary to have a bank account for Cash App?
You can create Cash App account without a bank account but you will not be able to verify it in this manner. As a result, your spending limits would be low. Verifying a cash app account requires you to enter bank details after which you can order a cash app card, make ATM withdrawals, etc.