Western Union is a name that mostly crosses our mind for international transfers, when you wish to send funds to another Western Union user or a bank account. However, did you know that you can transfer money from Western Union to Cash App? Let’s check that out!
- You can send money from Western Union to Cash app by linking bank account to Cash App, sending money from Western Union to bank, and then transfering funds from bank to Cash App.
- If you are making an international transfer through Western Union, you must keep in mind that there are foreign exchange rates applicable on the transactions.
- To receive money on your Western Union, ensure that your mWallet is active and provide correct account details to the send.
…and Much More!
Transfer Money From Western Union to Cash App – Step By Step Guide
Unfortunately, Western Union does not support direct transfer to Cash App. Nonetheless, you can send money to the app using a linked bank account.
Add Bank Account To Cash App
This is the first step if you want to use Western Union to send money to Cash App. You can add the linked bank account in simple steps. Here’s how that works.
- Click on Banking Tab. You will find this option on the home screen of Cash app account.
- Then tap on Link Bank to continue.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the procedure.
Modify Bank Account If Needed
Let’s say you already have a bank account linked to Cash app but you need to change certain information before sending money over from Western Union. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Click on Banking Tab. You will find this option on the home screen of Cash App account.
- Select Linked Bank or Linked Account depending on the version of the app you have and the options you see on the screen.
- Click to modify the information and then choose Remove Bank or Replace Bank.
- The app will then allow you to make due changes.
Transfer Money From Western Union to Cash App
This is the last step!
Now that your bank account is linked to Cash app, you only need to open your Western Union account online and send the money to the linked bank account. Once the funds reach your bank, it is possible to transfer them to Cash App directly.
- Open your Western Union account and provide the amount of money you wish to transfer.
- Then enter the destination bank account as well as its details. Confirm that you are providing all the bank account details correctly.
- Then choose the source of funds. You can send money from debit card, credit card or your bank account.
- Confirm the transaction and track your transfer to ensure it reaches the recipient account securely.
Attention! If you are making an international transfer through Western Union, you must keep in mind that there are foreign exchange rates applicable on the transactions.
Transfer Money From Western Union to Western Union Recipient
Transfer between one Western Union account to another is pretty straightforward. You only need to enter the recipient’s information like their name and email ID or phone number so that the company is able to identify them correctly. Let’s see how the procedure works!
- Provide recipient’s information and transfer details along with the amount of money that you want to send over.
- Then choose the mobile wallet is the delivery method for the transfer to take place.
- Confirm the recipient’s information that show up on the screen before you initiate the transaction.
- Provide the funds for the transfer through your credit card, debit card, or the bank account.
- Wait for the confirmation message to arrive on your phone. This is sent once the transaction is complete. You will also get a tracking number that helps determine when the money will be delivered to the other account.
Then you can initiate transfer from bank account to Cash App directly. Here’s a step by step guide on how that works.
- Open Cash App and then choose Banking Tab.
- Click Add Cash option on the app and provide the amount of money you had to transfer.
- Tap on Add and verify the transaction.
Steps To Receive Money in a Western Union Wallet
You can receive money in your mWallet as long as you are in any of the countries covered under Western Union service. If you are within the selected countries, here’s what you need to do to receive the funds.
- Make sure that your mWallet is active.
- Then provide the details of your wallet to the sender.
- Wait for the other party to initiate the transaction and then you will receive the money in your account.
How To Register With Western Union?
Western Union registration process can vary depending on which country you are in. However, the basic protocol is pretty much the same.
- First of all, confirm that you have a valid email ID.
- Then visit the Western Union Registration page and enter the email ID in the corresponding field.
- The portal will ask you to create an account by providing full name and choosing a strong password.
- After that, you have to click on the Continue tab.
- Then wait for Western Union to send a link to your email. Open the link to verify it is you.
- Then verify your identity by providing further personal information. At this step, it is required to visit the nearest NEC agent location. Verification can be completed here with US driver’s license, government-issued ID, or passport.
After that, your account will be ready for use. Then you can start sending money through Western Union online or by visiting any of their physical locations.
Why You Should Create a Cash App Account
There are many options if you are considering opening a peer-to-peer payment app account. However, Cash App seems to be on top of the priority list for majority of the US users. There are definitely reasons to explain that!
- Ease of Use
You can create a Cash App account with minimal personal information. There is no need to share any sensitive data. Moreover, the process is straightforward. You will be all set to send money to friends and family in no time.
- Reliable Privacy
All transaction data is encrypted. The details of the transfers are only visible to you. If you are not comfortable sharing your identity with the recipient, Cash App lets you make a transfer anonymously as well.
- Cash Boosts and Bonuses
There is an option to get boosts on your Cash App balance when shopping at specific retailers. Some stores and restaurants offer discounts and cashbacks on purchases made via Cash App as well. There is an ongoing offer to win $5 per referral if someone joins the app with your referral code.
- Free Cash App Card
Cash App users can apply for a Cash card without any fees. Moreover, you can customize the Cash app card design and use it in-store for purchases as well as for online shopping. This can be used just like a debit card for ATM withdrawals from your Cash App account as well.
The Bottom Line
Western Union is a preferred money transfer platform for international transactions. It operates in a large number of countries with both, physical outlets as well as online services. Although it is famous for Western Union to bank transfers or sending funds to another Western Union account, it can also be used to send money to Cash app.
- However, you must use a linked bank account as a bridge to transfer money from Western Union to Cash App.
Moreover, this is possible only in US and UK as Cash App operates in these regions only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to send money from Western Union to Cash App Card?
Cash App card does not accept funds from any methods including credit card, bank account, debit card, cashier’s check, personal check and consequently, Western Union either. You must load the funds on to the app to access them through the cash card.
How to transfer money from Western Union to Venmo?
Western Union does not support transfers to Venmo. You can make a transaction from one Venmo account to another but not from Western Union to Venmo.
Can I send funds from Western Union to debit card?
Yes. Western Union can be used to send funds to a bank account or directly to a debit card if needed.
Is Western Union transfer quick?
Western Union payments are generally delivered within minutes with Money in Minutes feature. However, Direct to Bank deposit transfers can take up to 5 days depending on which country the money is being sent to.
Jamie Johnson is very enthusiastic Kansas City – based freelance writer, and her core expertise are finance and insurance. She has been endorsed on several personal finance, insurance & business website to share her thoughts. Her publications can be found on famous sites like Bankrate, The Balance, Business Insider, Chamber of Commerce and many others.
From many years, she served more than 10,000 hours of research and writing to more than 2000 articles related to personal finance, credit building, mortgages, and personal and student loans.