Searching for why isn’t Afterpay available in your state? Well, here we are to lead you to possible reasons for Afterpay’s unavailability in various states of the country.
- Afterpay is an amazing payment tool that offers customers the ease to pay in installments and with convenience.
- Afterpay might not be available in your region because of because of the changes made in the laws and regulations limiting its availability.
- Moreover, there are certain requirements customers need to fulfil before they can use Afterpay.
…and Much More!
Why Isn’t Afterpay Available in My State?
Afterpay is a lifesaver for individuals who wish to make payments in installments. You do not have to go through any rigid credit check to use the Afterpay app and now it is accepted at a wide variety of stores.
In addition to this, Afterpay does not charge you with any additional interest through their platform.
Many digital payment platforms can experience technical issues due to several reasons. Afterpay is one of them. Currently, many customers faced issues while using the Afterpay in their respective regions.
- Primarily, the issue was because of the changes made in the laws and regulations of certain states limiting the availability of Afterpay in these areas.
Consequently, many people reported having started facing issues few months back and received messages stating, “Afterpay is temporarily unavailable in your state.”
The company is searching for potential problems to resolve the issue as soon as possible to cater to this problem and make Afterpay available to you.
Some of the other potential grounds adding up to the reason to a decline in your order include:
- Not enough funds in your debit or a credit card.
- Time duration of Afterpay usage.
- The amount is less than the estimated spending limit.
- Limitations by the place where you are shopping from.
- Overdue payments can result in a decline in your orders.
You might be interested in reading: Stores That Take Afterpay.
Who Is Eligible to Use Afterpay?
Individuals who successfully fulfill the below-mentioned criteria can use the Afterpay:
- Shoppers must be residents of any one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Customers must be above 18 years of age and have a debit or a credit card.
- You must provide your residential address in the United States.
- Your purchase should be above $35 in order to qualify to use the Afterpay.
- Must have an official email address and a contact number.
- The customers have to pay 25% upfront of the total cost.
- Besides, the shoppers must make sure that they can join a legally binding contract.
- The customers should make the payments in quarterly way every two weeks; a total of four installments until you pay off the entire purchase.
You might be interested in reading: Does Amazon Take Afterpay?
The Bottom Line
To sum up, Afterpay is one of the most accessible and convenient ways of making online payments, eliminating the unwanted hassle. You can make online purchases through Afterpay no matter what state you are sitting in.
However, specific issues are currently reported about the availability of Afterpay in various states due to recent laws introduced by the country. Afterpay is looking into these hurdles to help you get over this issue at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did Afterpay lower my limit?
Afterpay can put restrictions on your limits if you make late payments one time or the other.
What states is Afterpay available in?
It is available in the 50 states of the District of Columbia. It is not available in the US Territories, so ensure the availability before proceeding.
Does Target accept Afterpay in the US?
Yes, Target does accept Afterpay in the United States.
What is the highest Afterpay limit?
The highest limit of Afterpay is a purchase of $1,500.
Can I have two Afterpay accounts?
Yes, you can have two Afterpay accounts. The company performs a complete check on your credentials to qualify you for multiple accounts.