Green Dot is a prepaid card that works differently from Master Card or Visa Card. This is because it can be used to purchase the things which are already approved by a company only. Moreover, it can be used to make money transfer to other account like PayPal, bank account, or take out cash from an ATM. This makes it important to look into Green Dot ATM withdrawal limit.
- They are two types of Green Dot cards and both have different ATM withdrawal limits as well as different conditions for approval.
- Customers can use only their permanent Green Dot cards at an ATM and cannot use the temporary Green Dot cards.
- Your transactions will be free of cost when you are using a MoneyPass ATM and there will be extra charges when you are using a non-MoneyPass ATM.
…and Much More!
Green Dot ATM Withdrawal Limit
There are two types of Green Dot cards; one is white and other is a black card. Both work a bit differently and have different greendot withdrawal limit although you can load the green dot cards in the same manner. For example, if you have a white card then you can withdraw approximately $600 each day. It can only used by those people who have a bank account.
- On the other hand, black card holder can withdraw money without having a bank account. This is because it acts like a prepaid debit card.
By using a Green Dot Card, customer can withdraw approximately $500 everyday from any ATM machine or a bank branch.
However, the amount differs according to the type of the card. For example, Green Dot ATM withdrawal through Walmart money card will be different from any other online super store.
If you are using your Walmart money card through Green Dot then everyday you can withdraw up to $ 1000. This is much higher than the regular withdrawal limit through ATM. But if you are using a bank account to transfer money then you can transfer $1500.
However, in their system, they have set a greendot withdrawal limit through which a customer can withdraw up to $10,000 each day.
You might be interested in reading: Cash App ATM Withdrawal.
Green Dot Free ATM – Where Can You Find Them?
A customer can use his Green Dot at any ATM machine but they will be charges with some fee. However, if you are using your MoneyPass ATM then there are no usage charges making it the online Green dot free ATM option.
- MoneyPass ATMs are available at many stores like 7-Eleven, at local banks of your area and in credit unions.
Money withdrawal through MoneyPass ATM is free but $2.5-$3 are deducted per transaction from a non-MoneyPass ATM as well as you have to pay additional ATM charges too.
Further you can avail all these facilities only when you have your permanent card but if you have a temporary Green Dot Card then try to convert it into a permanent card or request for a new permanent card.
Green Dot Cards – In a Nutshell
Green Dot Cards are amazing options for users who want to transfer their money on daily basis and want to purchase any approved product from any company or online network.
These cards provide facilities such as online purchasing. You can pay your electricity and gas bills, can check your expenses, make free bank transfer and can track your record24/7. Other perks of being a green dot cardholder include the following.
- You can direct deposits without waiting for your turn in long lines outside the banks.
- There is no need to pay any charges or tax while doing bank transactions.
- Enjoy mobile banking like complete all your activities without visiting a bank branch and do all things through mobile banking app.
- Online shopping is done by Green Dot cards either through Apple Pay and Google Pay etc.
The Bottom Line
Green Dot cards as a reloadable prepaid card is mostly used for online purchases. Moreover, you can withdraw money from green dot card but there are certain limitations. You can use three different methods to withdraw money which are bank wire transfer, credit or debit card and ATM cash withdrawals.
These days customers can send their money from Green Dot card to any other account. They can also pay for various online approved products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use green dot card at ATM?
You can use the card at ATM just like a regular debit card works. However, it is not possible to reload the Greendot card at ATM although you can check balance if you want.
How can I withdraw all my money off Green dot card?
You can take out cash at ATM through your Green dot card. If you want to spend all the funds, you are allowed to make online purchases at Amazon and Walmart although there may be additional fees involved.
Which bank is associated with Green Dot?
Green dot is affiliated with Bonneville Bank.