Money transfers between different accounts have become need of the era as everyone is moving their funds from one place to another as per need. We have already talked about how to transfer money from prepaid card. This time around, let’s discuss how transfer money from credit card to prepaid card online works.
- Transfer money from credit card to prepaid card online requires a third party app or website.
- You can use platforms like PayPal, Payoneer, or Zelle to complete the transfer.
- Prepaid cards are very safe to use for in-store purchases as well as online shopping.
…and Much More!
How To Transfer Money From Credit Card To Prepaid Card Online?
You can transfer money from one debit card to another and also send funds from credit card to prepaid card. Typically, the transfer is instant but, in some cases, it may take a couple of days. Moreover, exchanging funds between credit and prepaid card may work a bit differently than sending money using routing number and account number.
You will have to make use of an app or a website that can act as a bridge for the money transfer. There is a long list of options to choose from but, to save your time, we have listed some of the best ones below. Take a look!
Perhaps one of the most commonly used online platform for payments is PayPal. It can help you transfer money from credit card to prepaid card as well as pay for goods and bills of services.
- Move to main Settings of PayPal and tap on Money area and then open Money Tab to transfer the funds.
- Users will be required to provide the card number and PIN in order to complete the transaction.
- You will get a confirmation message once PayPal has sent the money from linked credit card to the prepaid card.
- Overall, the funds transfer may take up to 3 days to complete.
- Keep in mind that credit card transaction costs 2.9% of the amount.
Venmo app allows users to send money to other account as well as from credit to prepaid cards. In fact, there are many prepaid cards that work with Venmo and fully support swift transactions via app. However, Venmo has a transfer limit that you need to keep in mind.
- You can transfer up to $299 through Venmo
- Performing a credit card to prepaid card transfer can cost you 3%.
- Other money transfers are free with Venmo.
- You must provide prepaid card account number, the amount, as well as the PIN to carry out the transfer.
- You will receive the confirmation message once the transfer is finished.
- Zelle is compatible with more than 50 banks and their online banking apps.
- You can integrate Zelle with your bank account for seamless experience.
- Users needs to provide phone number and other important personal data when using the app.
- Zelle can be used to send money from credit card to prepaid card instantly.
- Funds will be made available immediately, unlike PayPal and Payoneer.
You might be interested in reading: Zelle Canada.
Although it has tough competition in the market, Payoneer is quickly becoming method of choice for money transfers all over the US. You can also consider it if you plan to transfer money from your credit card to prepaid card online.
- The platform requires you to share credit card number for the transaction.
- It will also send you a confirmation code once the payment has been received.
- Payoneer has very strict security measures in place to ensure that your funds are always safe.
- The money transfers are not possible with confirmation with a PIN.
- The transaction charges are around 1% of the amount.
Another platform that help you send funds easily to prepaid account is WorldRemit. You can sign up to this service within 2 minutes and complete the registration online. After this, you just have to open the Send Money option and transfer the funds from your credit card to any other account of your choice.
- You must provide contact number, full name, and contact address of the recipient in order to complete the transfer.
- It is also a requirement to enter full bank name and provide IBAN number for the transfer process.
- The fee for WorldRemit transfer vary depending on the country you are in.
- Each user is given a SWIFT code they have to share to authorize the transaction.
- The time taken for the transfer to complete also depends on the recipient bank.
The best part about Google Pay is that your funds will be FDIC-insured and you can transfer money to other account without worrying about the safety.
- Google Pay can be integrated with Gmail account to help you keep a check and receive notifications about all types of transfers.
- You also need to integrate credit card with your account in order to complete money transfer.
- There is no fee for this type of transfer.
- You can send up to $9,999 per transaction which is the largest amount that any app allows to send over.
- It is one of the most reliable method to send money to prepaid card.
Chase Bank users can also employ Chase QuickPay to transfer money from credit cards to other account such as prepaid account. Moreover, this option is also open non-Chase users.
- You can integrate Chase with Zelle app to make the transfer process quicker.
- Chase has a daily transfer limit of $2,000 per day and $8,000 per week.
- Users can not send more than $16,000 through Chase account in a month.
- Both the send of the funds and the recipient should have a bank account in order to make use of Chase QuickPay.
- It is also needed to link your prepaid card to the bank account to receive the funds.
Square Cash is an ideal choice for money transfers since it supports both Android and iOS. You can download the app and register your account to begin.
- Square Cash App lets you link credit card account to prepaid account for quick money transfers.
- Typical charges of 3% apply to this type of money transfer.
- You have to pay additional 1% fee when sending money instantly.
- Unverified account have lower transactions limits.
- Otherwise, you can send up to $250 in a week and $1000 in a month.
With 1 million+ users around the globe, Azimo is a cheap and fast money transfer solution. Once you register with the service, you can use it as a bridge to send money from your credit card to prepaid account.
- You can link your credit card to Azimo to facilitate transfers.
- The prepaid card number is required when making a transfer to it.
- The funds in Azimo account are highly secured.
- It also has a biometric security set in place.
- The first two transfers that you make via Azimo are completely free but there is a tiny transaction fee for the ones that follow.
You might be interested in reading: Payday Loans That Accept Prepaid Accounts.
Prepaid Card – In a Nutshell
Perhaps the biggest advantage of having a prepaid card is that it does not require a linked bank account in order to operate. Instead of a connected bank, users can reload prepaid cards or charge through via credit card to have available balance for online or in-store purchases.
Moreover, prepaid cards are safe to use for such transactions. They are protected via PIN and you can use the card number to authorize the money transfers.
Prepaid Card vs Credit Card – Do You Need Both?
Typically, credit card itself is a good alternative to prepaid card so you don’t need to have both types of plastic in your wallet. Since credit card works on money provided by the bank, it is safer to use and you can pay back at the end of the month conveniently.
- The only issue is that credit cards have a specific qualification criteria.
Moreover, a bank account is a must for having a credit cards whereas prepaid cards do not need you to have a bank account. There is no credit limit since the balance that you can spend with a prepaid card depends on the amount that you load on to the card.
The Bottom Line
Credit cards are dedicated to simply and swift money transfers. Consequently, it is quite easy to send money to prepaid cards as well but you need to follow the right protocol.
To ensure that the transaction proceed seamlessly, provide the correct information about credit card number, prepaid card number, PIN, amount, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I send money from my credit card to a prepaid card?
Yes you can transfer funds from a credit card to a prepaid card but you will need to use a third party in between. For example, you can transfer funds from credit card to PayPal, Venmo or Zelle and then send them to the prepaid card account easily.
Can you obtain cash from credit card?
Certain credit cards do allow you to make ATM withdrawals much like that with a debit card. You will have to provide the PIN and then enter the amount you want to withdraw.
Can I get money from credit card without a PIN?
Money transfers typically require you to enter a PIN or password before they can proceed. This will help the bank verify that it is actually you and authorize the transaction.